• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not know you, or your situation, but if you are admitting to being a pre-scab, it seems strange that you accuse others of being PUNKS.

That no one speaks to you...? That's how scabs are treated. Learn to love a life-time of silence since the average union member will not have anything to say to a scab.

Just don't scab.......ever, for any reason. Maintain solidarity with your fellow pilots. We're all in this together.

I'm guessing his post means he was one of the guys who took a TACP position. Those are the only folks i know of who were called "pre-scabs". For the record, I don't throw those terms around. Being a scab is extremely serious! It has one very specific meaning, and much as I dislike the actions of some (including the TACP's), it's not a term I would use. Nor is pre-scab.

I don't know about his union background, but I can't agree with Diesel that he won't scab if it comes to a strike. He was one of the guys who took a position designed to specifically work against our pilot group. The TACP program was nothing more than placing folks in positions to keep tabs on those nasty pilots and push us to keep the metal moving. It's possible that some didn't realize what was going on, but it was pretty obvious to the rest of us. Really, they needed to pay people $175K/year and up to fetch newspapers, coffee, ice, and catering at our busy spots? And with how understaffed we were, remove pilots from the line to do it? It was a job, if it was truly needed, that could have been accomplished by paying some kids (college age) $20K to do. Instead we pulled much-needed pilots off the line and paid them huge salaries to be gophers.

Even if you could somehow buy into the idea that only pilots could do this job, and necessarily be paid what is an exorbitant sum for that kind of work, there was still the concept that it was a program the company wanted, and therefore should NOT have involved pilots volunteering to help during contentious negotiations.

Scabs or pre-scabs? No. Despicable people who were willing to work against the pilot group for their own selfish purposes? Absolutely! Now we can expect a defensive post from DO-28 Driver talking about all the good it did for us. But most folks know better and won't buy into it. Funny, if it did so much good, where is the program now? But the rationalization will be fun to hear.

Seriously who volunteers to help the company out with projects during a time of (really) contentious negotiations?

Seriously who volunteers to help the company out with projects during a time of (really) contentious negotiations?

You mean like creating videos for company propaganda and training?

Lots of people do it. In very different ways.

Latest resources

Back