Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do believe that they have defended my CURRENT quality of life with the exception of the CDO grievance.

I'm going to dive in on this. Do you know the "whole story" to this case? Let me know.

1. I don't really know any of the Fab 4 candidates. So maybe some fresh meat would be a good thing for negotiations.
2. If they can come up with a TA in three months at least it will be some progress. If it sucks the pilot group can vote it down.
3. My point is, we need some forward progress, good or bad.

1. If you don't know someone or their work, or lack of, why would you vote for them. Just because their a good guy to hang out with.
2. Just because the pilopt group votes a TA down doesn't mean you get to go back and fix eveything you want. The NMB will limit you on the number of issues.
3. Wrong answer. Your #2 is bad progress.

Of the 4 voting members of the MEC, 1 is now the MEC Chairman, 2 are running again, and the fouth is going to LAX so won't be a member of Council 112.

1. Why did Newie cancel the meeting to elect a replacement for him when he assumed the MEC Chairman postion?

2. Who is other voting member that is running? The only information I have seen is Farruzzi. I haven't seen anything from any other current member.

And most of what Lynn has "promised" has already been TA'd.
Hoser

Actually if you ask a fab 4 this, they will agree with you. Apparantly most of this has already been agreed to. The question then is why isn't this done. If most of this has already been agreed to, then there is no reason this can't be done quickly. Most pilots I talk to are fine with small improvements, no concessions, and some job security.

I'm going to dive in on this. Do you know the "whole story" to this case? Let me know.

Yes I think I know the "whole story" and it makes me sick. Sick that Nelson testified against the pilot group, sick that we did not provide a rebuttal witness and lastly sick that the case was ruled against ALPA. This issue changed my view of the grievance process and its ability to provide fair and equitable solutions. I once again realized that everything between ALPA and management is political. Concern over me the individual is secondary.

A contract could have been signed months or even years ago. It would include pay cuts, per diem decreases, scheduling and other QOL issues left behinds. No rigs, no 401k, increases in health insurance premiums, no DH, or CNX pay.

How does that sound?

That sounds terrible. The problem is that isn't the truth anymore. The most recent offer isn't the doom and gloom you just posted. Is it perfect? No it isn't. Is there room to improve it? Yes there is.

1. If you don't know someone or their work, or lack of, why would you vote for them. Just because their a good guy to hang out with.

That goes for most of the people running. The only other one I have any knowledge of is Farruzzi and it will be a cold day in he11 before I ever vote for him. Do you really think most of the pilots have any knowledge of most people that run?

Yes I think I know the "whole story" and it makes me sick. Sick that Nelson testified against the pilot group, sick that we did not provide a rebuttal witness and lastly sick that the case was ruled against ALPA. This issue changed my view of the grievance process and its ability to provide fair and equitable solutions. I once again realized that everything between ALPA and management is political. Concern over me the individual is secondary.

Do you know who Skip Giles is?

If you have problems with the process after this arbitration then your issue is with the company and their integrity to be truthful.

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting "per diem decreases, no DH, no CNX etc.". All of the updates I get from ALPA state status quo or improvements in these areas. Scheduling has been TA'd and ALPA seems proud of the results. Are you reading current info or reading updates from last year? Please do not use false info to defend the pace of negotiations. I enjoy everyone's views but have not tolerance for false info. As much as you guys follow ALPA I am sure you know the current issues and where they stand.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back