Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are approaching the amount of time it took to fight WWII. Surely you are not defending even the amount of time we have exhausted on contract, ASAP, electronic bid process, etc.. I am a supporter of ALPA but I am not a blind defender of everything that emerges from their camp. As far as P2P they are great guys but just an extension of ALPA's message. Just because a P2P says so, that does not make it gospel or even accurate. What ALPA needs is some progress on some front, any front. This we are good and everyone else, (including our members who run against us) is evil is getting very tiresome. Politicians should run on results not fear and intimidation.

A contract could have been signed months or even years ago. It would include pay cuts, per diem decreases, scheduling and other QOL issues left behinds. No rigs, no 401k, increases in health insurance premiums, no DH, or CNX pay.

How does that sound?

Do you beleive the lack of progress is the fault of your association or any of the people YOU elected to represent you?

Sounds to me like this group of 4 thinks we aren't that far from a workable deal and they want to get back in there and get it done and let the pilots decide if it is an acceptable deal. Sounds to me like this group of 4 wants to put job security first. Sounds to me like this group wants to try something different. What are their opponents promissing? I haven't heard much from the other candidates. What harm can come from getting a TA to vote on within 90 days? If it isn't acceptable, we just vote it down. I have voted no on TAs before, I can do it again.

So tell us, which chief pilot are you?

Scott, Lynn, and John alone in a cabin in the mountains.

I cringe to think what takes place.

Wasn't Deliverance filmed in the Georgia mountains? Squeal like a pig John! EEEE EEEE EEEE!

I don't really know any of the Fab 4 candidates. I don't know Brian Wilson either or why nobody seems to like him. I do know that nothing, regarding our contract and negotiations, is happening right now and we are losing airplanes.
So maybe some fresh meat would be a good thing for negotiations. If they can come up with a TA in three months at least it will be some progress. If it sucks the pilot group can vote it down.
My point is, we need some forward progress, good or bad. Sitting idle and watching our planes go bye-bye sucks. It would only take about 2 years for SKW to replace our entire pilot group.

P.S. I'm not in favor of a concessionary contract.

What makes you think "nothing is happening"? Our MEC has petitioned the NMB for a release! A decision will be rendered this month. They could release us, keep us parked, or send us back to negotiations. The wheels in Washington are in motion and we are waiting. It's unlikely we will stay parked, because we are clearly at an impasse. I'd predict a release and/or a return to negotiations with super mediation pending a deadline if I had a fly on the wall in D.C.

Don't think "nothing is happening" just because you don't get a news flash every day. After 4 years, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

I fault the poor relationship between ALPA and management to all people at the table. ALPA has said over and over that I can not trust management so I suppose I don't trust management. ALPA has gladly taken my dues and said I could have free sun shades. I can not catch the office open to receive my free sun shades so I suppose I do not trust ALPA.

In all seriousness we have had zero quality of life improvements the last four years. Please do not ask me to say that ALPA has taken my money and improved my quality of life. I do believe that they have defended my CURRENT quality of life with the exception of the CDO grievance.

I am looking for ALPA to quit telling me what to think. I would rather they give me valid reasons to support the current leadership. Lets keep in mind that while many ALPA members volunteer their valuable time for free, there is a large contingent that have had years off from line flying, with pay, at whatever they COULD hold. While they have worked hard, as have the line pilots, there has also been a massive amount of down time that they have gotten paid handsomely for. During this down time the line pilots have continued to work with no quality of life improvements. Other MECs have settled contracts in less time and with just as evil of managements. My frustration level is code red and that is what scares me about this election cycle. If I am frustrated then there must be others that feel the same way.

You need to talk to Barney Rogers about the last contract and PFT. Then you'll find out the real story about LJ and JB. Can you say "conflict of interest".

Yeah, funny how Joey won't comment on that on flightinfo. Hell, Joey won't even post on here anymore now that his older girlfriend is running for ALPA office again. Brian should be put in a line pilot position along with biscuit and a few more like TS. Think of the savings right there.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

If you are going to spread info, spread accurate info. The one refered to as Biscuit has lost his job at the GO due to position elimination. He is now in the standards department.

If you are going to spread info, spread accurate info. The one refered to as Biscuit has lost his job at the GO due to position elimination. He is now in the standards department.

So you're saying they created a new position for him instead of sending him back to the line? And how does that disprove the above comment?

Not a new position, just a regular standards department instructor pilot. I was referring to the statement that a few GOers should be sent back to the line. Well, a few GOers are being displaced. Now, is the point going to be made that Biscuit is being overpaid as an instructor?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back