Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newie is appointed to the MEC chairman position by the 4 voting members of the MEC. This election is not to elect the MEC chairman. Newie will remain MEC chairman.

As far as the other two go, why not ask them? I am sure that their telephone numbers are available!

Yes but Newie is also the Cpts rep. It bothers me that 3 of the members aren't even running for re-election. 4+ years into this mess and 3 of the MEC members aren't running for re-election. No matter what, you are going to get 3 new members.

Yes but Newie is also the Cpts rep. It bothers me that 3 of the members aren't even running for re-election. 4+ years into this mess and 3 of the MEC members aren't running for re-election. No matter what, you are going to get 3 new members.

It would be highly unusual for the MEC Chairman of an airline the size of ASA to also run for Captain Rep. The workload of the MEC Chairman is simply too much to do both jobs.

It would be highly unusual for the MEC Chairman of an airline the size of ASA to also run for Captain Rep. The workload of the MEC Chairman is simply too much to do both jobs.

I agree, but when he assumed the position of MEC Chairman there was an LEC meeting scheduled to elect an interim Capt. rep. to replace him. At the last minute, it was cancelled and he put out a letter saying that he thought it was better to remain in office during this critical time of negotiations. There were rumors that there were some people trying to run to replace him, but the meeting was cancelled so he could stay in office. Now 3 of the 4 aren't running and nothing has changed.

Of the 4 voting members of the MEC, 1 is now the MEC Chairman, 2 are running again, and the fouth is going to LAX so won't be a member of Council 112.

I have to laugh at this group of 4. Lynn actually confronted me in ops awhile back and told me to my face she had no intention of running. I voted for Lynn's coalition before, and unfortunately have come to regret doing so. JB doesn't do the job I helped elect him to, and Lynn got into a disagreement with Bob and resigned. Barry, I'm surprised about. The other two I don't know personally.

And most of what Lynn has "promised" has already been TA'd. She is way too cozy with Scott for my tastes. Brian endorsing this group too? He is so anti-ALPA and so very pro-management that it should tell you something ain't right if Scott and Brian are endorsing this group. And do you really believe they'll all resign if asked to? Like they say, careful what you 'vote' for, you may get it!

Hoser

I have to laugh at this group of 4. Lynn actually confronted me in ops awhile back and told me to my face she had no intention of running. I voted for Lynn's coalition before, and unfortunately have come to regret doing so. JB doesn't do the job I helped elect him to, and Lynn got into a disagreement with Bob and resigned. Barry, I'm surprised about. The other two I don't know personally.

And most of what Lynn has "promised" has already been TA'd. She is way too cozy with Scott for my tastes. Brian endorsing this group too? He is so anti-ALPA and so very pro-management that it should tell you something ain't right if Scott and Brian are endorsing this group. And do you really believe they'll all resign if asked to? Like they say, careful what you 'vote' for, you may get it!

Hoser

Lynn will never admit she is running. She still thinks that she is "LYNN JACKSON ACTION HERO" and if she runs and loses the election her mystique over the pilot group will be gone with the loss. She has always been this way. Last election she got about 40 votes and Newie got several hundred. She then told everyone that asked what happened with her lack of support and she would reply with "I got 40 votes and wasn't even running." People who drink with her and her BoyToy will likely vote for her unless they happen to be on the wagon when they vote. She couldn't find a public relations company to handle her image make over because so many that know her know that a vote for her is a vote for her BoyToy as well. You can't have one without the other. She is too lazy to do the job of union rep. She will be missing in action most of the time. Plus she has the 300 lb. albatross (Brian W.) around her neck. His endorsement should be enough said.

I don't know how long you have been here, but I can tell you that Lynn isn't one to sell out the pilot group. She voted for ALPA to come onto the property and she fought hard for our current agreement. There are a lot of us here that want to save our career. What they are proposing isn't a concessionary contract. The membership will have to pass it, and I don't think this pilot group will pass a concessionary agreement - do you?

You need to talk to Barney Rogers about the last contract and PFT. Then you'll find out the real story about LJ and JB. Can you say "conflict of interest".

I don't really know any of the Fab 4 candidates. I don't know Brian Wilson either or why nobody seems to like him. I do know that nothing, regarding our contract and negotiations, is happening right now and we are losing airplanes.
So maybe some fresh meat would be a good thing for negotiations. If they can come up with a TA in three months at least it will be some progress. If it sucks the pilot group can vote it down.
My point is, we need some forward progress, good or bad. Sitting idle and watching our planes go bye-bye sucks. It would only take about 2 years for SKW to replace our entire pilot group.

P.S. I'm not in favor of a concessionary contract.

So maybe some fresh meat would be a good thing for negotiations. If they can come up with a TA in three months at least it will be some progress. If it sucks the pilot group can vote it down.
My point is, we need some forward progress, good or bad. Sitting idle and watching our planes go bye-bye sucks. It would only take about 2 years for SKW to replace our entire pilot group.

Your last sentence negates the chances of the rest of your post coming true. Our current negotiators could also get us a contract to vote on within 90 days, but it would "suck" and it would be voted down. Agreeing to a crappy contract just so we have something to vote on is not progress.

I'm OK (but don't agree) with people looking for "fresh meat" in negotiations but I think voting for someone with Lynn's history (not to mention her connection to our Missing in Action Sec/Tres) is a mistake.

I don't really know any of the Fab 4 candidates. I don't know Brian Wilson either or why nobody seems to like him. I do know that nothing, regarding our contract and negotiations, is happening right now and we are losing airplanes.

Brian Wilson is a great guy. His thinking is more capitalistic than those in ALPA or any other union. Many here will not agree with his thinking, but that does not make him a bad person. It is just a difference in opinion. This is what makes me very frustrated with our current ALPA reps. Just because there is a difference in opinion does not mean we publicly resort to name calling and other elementary behavior.

I will also add that Lynn is NOT new meat, that form of change will only take the change out of your pocket. Ask around, Lynn's reputation will show she is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Latest resources

Back