Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am an ALPA supporter. I voted to strike - both this time and during the last contract. I have done informational picketing. I am not a Brian W. fan and his V1 article was out of line.

That being said, I mailed my ballot today with votes for this coalition of 4 pilots. I know 2 of them, and they are not anti-alpa. They are concerned about the ASA pilot group and they are committed to getting us a fair contract that protects our jobs. We must get back to the table and get this contract done and stop the loss of airplanes. This group is committed to doing this.

I am an ALPA supporter. I voted to strike - both this time and during the last contract. I have done informational picketing. I am not a Brian W. fan and his V1 article was out of line.

That being said, I mailed my ballot today with votes for this coalition of 4 pilots. I know 2 of them, and they are not anti-alpa. They are concerned about the ASA pilot group and they are committed to getting us a fair contract that protects our jobs. We must get back to the table and get this contract done and stop the loss of airplanes. This group is committed to doing this.

I believe the two that are not anti-ALPA have been misled by the two that are. I saw Lynn Jackson in the crew room the other day and she was telling young FOs and captains what needed to be done. But she made no mention of what she really wants, that is to sell out the pilot group with a concessionary contract to insure her own job security. She also didn't mention her failed tenures in ALPA and mgmt, bailing out when things didn't go her way and "taking her ball and going home". She also didn't mention her association with JB and her intention to install him as MEC chairman, even as he refuses to do the job he was elected to do now as treasurer. I'm not a union maggot, I try to be a company-person with an attitude of being a people-person, but ASA doesn't allow the two to go together. Without unity and strong representation and a and an ALPA commitee that is willing to go all the way, there will be no improvement for the pilots of ASA. Under Lynn Jackson we will have a new contract with no more than what we have now, and she will have saved her airline career, which is her real agenda.

Last edited:
I believe the two that are not anti-ALPA have been misled by the two that are. I saw Lynn Jackson in the crew room the other day and she was telling young FOs and captains what needed to be done. But she made no mention of what she really wants, that is to sell out the pilot group with a concessionary contract to insure her own job security. She also didn't mention her two failed tenures in ALPA and in mgmt, bailing out when things didn't go her way and "taking her ball and going home". She also didn't mention her association with JB and her intention to install him as MEC chairman, even as he refuses to do the job he was elected to do now as treasurer. I'm not a union maggot, I try to be a company-person with an attitude of being a people-person, but ASA doesn't allow the two to go together. Without unity and strong representation and a and an ALPA commitee that is willing to go all the way, there will be no improvement for the pilots of ASA. Under Lynn Jackson we will have a new contract with no more than what we have now, and she will have saved her airline career, which is her real agenda.

I don't know how long you have been here, but I can tell you that Lynn isn't one to sell out the pilot group. She voted for ALPA to come onto the property and she fought hard for our current agreement. There are a lot of us here that want to save our career. What they are proposing isn't a concessionary contract. The membership will have to pass it, and I don't think this pilot group will pass a concessionary agreement - do you?

Can you tell me what difference this group of 4 is from the current group. Also what is differenet it the two groups goals. To me it looks like she is going to take credit for everything that is already TA'd, and then attempt to achieve the same as the current group.

Does it no scare you just a little that all the current ALPA voulunteers are going to quit if this group of 4 gets elected? Do you think she can do it al alone. O I forgot, she will appoint JB as the new MEC chairman, and he will do it. But wait, he has not done the job he was elected to as sec/tres for LEC 112.

Also, the current group could promise a TA tmrw, but I promise you it would be a TA that would never pass this pilot group. So what does she really want to do?

A vote for the fab 4 is a vote for Brian Labroke and company....

AB, CD, EF, GH...dang, I have a hard enough time keeping this straight...AND I WORK THERE.

For the love of GOD, how 'bout names????? If full names are verboten although Brian Wilson's name seems to be fair game, how bout a first name and a last initial.

it's hard to drink beer and interpret all this.

ka

He put flyers in FO's v-files (not capt's) endorsing LJ and company. He's a management pilot who has bashed ALPA repeatedly. Why is he being given access to the v-files? Why didn't he put flyers in Capt's v-files? Could it be we Capts all know his motivation and his ALPA bashing articles in the old V1 newsletter??

If this doesn't tell you LJ's motivation then nothing will. She has sold out to management. Also, recall awhile back that SH told Newie that LJ would be a good choice for MEC Chair. Wake up people!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I sat in recurrent with him a few weeks ago, he drones on and on about how ALPA and the company need to come up with a proposal which can illustrate a 100 aircraft order and how the costs would break down for each sides proposal. Every time he got on his soapbox, he would bring this up intermixed with personal stories about EVERYTHING. The guy is like the nerd in the corner with glasses that answers every question with a personal analogy. If he endorses this wrecking crew of 4 (aside from any negtive opinions I already have of LJ) then that should send the warning flags way up.

I don't think he is running. In fact, I think the only current MEC member that is running is Faruzzi. Why aren't the others running?

Newie is appointed to the MEC chairman position by the 4 voting members of the MEC. This election is not to elect the MEC chairman. Newie will remain MEC chairman.

As far as the other two go, why not ask them? I am sure that their telephone numbers are available!

Can you tell me what difference this group of 4 is from the current group. Also what is differenet it the two groups goals. To me it looks like she is going to take credit for everything that is already TA'd, and then attempt to achieve the same as the current group.

Also, the current group could promise a TA tmrw, but I promise you it would be a TA that would never pass this pilot group. So what does she really want to do?

A vote for the fab 4 is a vote for Brian Labroke and company....

Sounds to me like this group of 4 thinks we aren't that far from a workable deal and they want to get back in there and get it done and let the pilots decide if it is an acceptable deal. Sounds to me like this group of 4 wants to put job security first. Sounds to me like this group wants to try something different. What are their opponents promissing? I haven't heard much from the other candidates. What harm can come from getting a TA to vote on within 90 days? If it isn't acceptable, we just vote it down. I have voted no on TAs before, I can do it again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back