Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a new position, just a regular standards department instructor pilot. I was referring to the statement that a few GOers should be sent back to the line. Well, a few GOers are being displaced. Now, is the point going to be made that Biscuit is being overpaid as an instructor?

Has anyone had a stan ride with the Biscuit? Has anyone seen the Biscuit doing anything but self promotion? He is further up managements a$$ than a gerbil.

Yes I think I know the "whole story" and it makes me sick. Sick that Nelson testified against the pilot group, sick that we did not provide a rebuttal witness and lastly sick that the case was ruled against ALPA. This issue changed my view of the grievance process and its ability to provide fair and equitable solutions. I once again realized that everything between ALPA and management is political. Concern over me the individual is secondary.

Nelson LIED for the company during the hearing. If we lose an arbitration because we tell the truth and the company lies do you think it is the unions fault for not lying also?

We did have a rebutal witness. Skip Giles, a retired pilot and ALPA volunteer, came up from PNS and testified. The arbitrator ruled for the company because of Nelson's LIE and because he was once an ALPA volunteer and Director of Flight Ops. So you really don't know a lot of the facts about what is causing your frustrations. It is easier for you to blame those that are working on your behalf. During the period time Dan W. and Bob A. were working to resolve issues between the company and the union there was a large number of LOA's negotiated and signed that made life better for the pilots at ASA. When management replaced Dan W. and hired Scott Young things went to HELL! Who do you blame for that?? You seem like one who wants to know "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME TODAY" and to hell with what you have already done.

Comair spent 5+ years negotiating ASAP and Pref Bidding. They signed the substandard ASAP agreement that caused two years of ASA management trying to force a substandard ASAP on our pilots. ASAP is only as good as the level of trust you have between the parties. Do you trust management? I have been here 20 years and would not use the ASAP program with the piss poor management we have. I don't believe that ALL PILOTS would be given the same level of protection. Several airlines have had problems with ASAP because of managements refusal to play by the rules. Do you honestly think that you would trust this management with your FUTURE CAREER by self disclosure using ASAP. Like I said I would never use ASAP even if the union signs it until this DEN OF THIEVES are eradicated.

Stop pissing and moaning and volunteer to help your fellow pilots by serving in a volunteer ALAP position or run for office and if elected you will certainly get an education on how difficult it is to do business with the DEN OF THIEVES in management. They have ZERO integerity. Don't forget what Scott Hall said, "I won't honor this current contract but I promise to honor the next one we sign".

Last edited:
I realize that many people do not like Lynn but I thought the other three were well liked. Are you saying that you have seen negative info on the other captain candidate? Remember, they are running as a group but you vote for the individuals. Just don't vote for Lynn and give the others a fair look if you don't like Lynn. Surely everyone must agree that maybe a "little" change would be nice. Otherwise we could let Newie and Faruzzi hold all of the offices.

If Lynn is so great that she can resolve this contract in 90 days how come she has been unable to get her younger lover to do the job of ASA LEC 112 Sec/Treasurer for the last 3 years? She has screwed up much of what little she has done. She wants her little BOYTOY to have the job of CNC Chairman and when they have finished giving away our contract to management she will vote for him to be MEC Chairman. It has nothing to do with like or don't like. Vote for someone who will use the position to get what the majority of ASA pilots have said they want in the Wilson Center Polling and not use the position for self promotion and enrichment.

Notice how the ALPA status quo group usually results to name calling and personal attacks? These are your current leaders - maybe just maybe that is part of our problem.

None of the MEC post on this forum. Those of us that support the MEC post to challenge some of the BS being posted by those who support management. Your MEC officers have no time left in their day to waste it on this forum.

1. Why did Newie cancel the meeting to elect a replacement for him when he assumed the MEC Chairman postion?

2. Who is other voting member that is running? The only information I have seen is Farruzzi. I haven't seen anything from any other current member.

1. His letter to the pilots made that pretty clear. The MEC asked him to so that they could maintain stability during the endgame in negoaiations, and not have to get a new member up to speed.

2. I heard Danny Utley was running silently.

Actually if you ask a fab 4 this, they will agree with you. Apparantly most of this has already been agreed to. The question then is why isn't this done. If most of this has already been agreed to, then there is no reason this can't be done quickly. Most pilots I talk to are fine with small improvements, no concessions, and some job security.

OK, first let me ask you point blank: are you a member of the "Fab 4"? You kinda sound like Barry Lee.

Second, if you admit that they're promising things already TA'd, plus "mall improvements, no concessions, and some job security", then tell me again why we should vote the current MEC out if your group will deliver the same thing? What you're admitting is that the Fab 4 isn't about delivering anything... that's a red herring. They're really about ousting the current reps for the power grab.

1. His letter to the pilots made that pretty clear. The MEC asked him to so that they could maintain stability during the endgame in negoaiations, and not have to get a new member up to speed.

2. I heard Danny Utley was running silently.

1. Exactly, so why isn't he running now? We are still in the endgame in negotiations and I would assume that he still wants stability and doesn't want get a new member up to speed. Looks to me like we will have 3 new members regardless of who wins.

2. Kind of hard to get votes when nobody knows you are running.

1. Exactly, so why isn't he running now? We are still in the endgame in negotiations and I would assume that he still wants stability and doesn't want get a new member up to speed. Looks to me like we will have 3 new members regardless of who wins.

2. Kind of hard to get votes when nobody knows you are running.

Well, I would humbly suggest you call Newie and ask him, but my understanding is that he's not running due to task saturation!

As for the "stability" issue, the newly elected reps won't take office until March 1. The contract should be completed by then. If newie stepped down the interim rep would have taken office IMMEDIATELY.

Regarding the "silent campaigns" I'm aware of at least 6 pilots total running for ATL CA rep. This is only the nomination process. You don't need many votes to get nominated, just spread it word of mouth to some trusted individuals.

OK, first let me ask you point blank: are you a member of the "Fab 4"? You kinda sound like Barry Lee.

Second, if you admit that they're promising things already TA'd, plus "mall improvements, no concessions, and some job security", then tell me again why we should vote the current MEC out if your group will deliver the same thing? What you're admitting is that the Fab 4 isn't about delivering anything... that's a red herring. They're really about ousting the current reps for the power grab.

No I'm not a member of the fab 4. I'm not Berry either, I went to a real college with a real football team - not one that wears orange and just "volunteers" to play.

Second, I didn't know we were voting the current group out. Only one of the current group has announced they are running. The only current member running that I have seen is Farruzzi. Who exactly are they "ousting"?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back