• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and torturing the cat after watching him spell out the letters A W in the catbox with his dried turds.

quote]

Now that is truly classic!! Did anyone really think the east furloughees would get something besides a staple job? Good luck to all of you in integrating this mess..........

So much for unity.

With Sincere Apologies to BenderGonzales and LearLove here I go on a rant.

This reaction is predictable. If there's one thing you can count on its the hubris of AAA pilots. Do you fly the same way? "What T-storm? I expect there to be good weather ahead..."

To recap:
Top 500 go to East
Wide Body Fences
No Bump and Flush
List Integrated by ALPA Merger Policy
Furloughed pilots slotted like pretty much every other merger in history.

And still you think you got hosed.... Lets not forget the pass policy is DOH. Or that you come back at your time in service pay. But no, you must have got hosed because now you're gonna fly your same equipment at the same relative seniority, OMFG! How did this happen to you!?

You guys were tools from the absolute beginning of this thing. We started at a reasonable point and you directed your MEC to go for broke. Guess what, you guys are BOTH OLD AND F@@CKING SENILE to expect any other outcome than this.

Now your senility is showing because you'd rather work under a BK agreement than work to get a new contract with better work rules (more time for that afternoon nap grandpa), better pay and a healthier company.

Sorry, but your 16 years would have looked real good at your next interview. You could have told 'em what a great place USAirways was before it F**cking liquidated....

Gear up Gramps! Or do you need your service monkey to reach over and get that for you so you don't throw out your trick back?

I've lost pretty much all respect for those who have gone before me, whinin' freaken' babies.

Grog:
That has to be one of the funniest rants I've ever read!
LMFAO!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Boy you are a quick one. Short sighted and reactionary, but A+ for speed."

Please explain to me how I am being short sighted...This should be good....

Can you get it through your thick head...

Call me speed reading challenged. I 'm not a quick as you (and you are amenable to requests). I just don't have time to read all that. Sorta like you, I had to just stop reading after the first sentence. I’ll have to leave the response to folks quick enough to read it all.

Please remember your long stories for when I buy you a beer.:beer:

Those who think this is lopsided need to read the Award and not just look at numbers and dates of hire. What the AAA guys asked for, actually demanded, was unreasonable and not at all in line with ALPA merger policy. Which by the way does not even mention DOH. So harping on DOH is a waste of time. Career Expectations is what needed to be compared and that is what the Arbitrator did. If you take the time to read the reasoning of the Award it will be more than clear to you that AAA had little or no Career Expectations and the Award reflected just that.

Do any of you guys on the sidelines taking pot shots care to speculate on the effect of AAA trying to put 104 guys who had never been hired by AAA or flown a Mainline jet, on a AAA-AWA combined list ahead of Active (Actually hired by one of the two Carriers) AWA pilots ??

Could it be that the energy spent trying to justify the unjustifiable would have been better spent elswhere???

So much for unity.

With Sincere Apologies to BenderGonzales and LearLove here I go on a rant.

No need to apologize to me, I've been put exactly where I expected to be put. I was never expecting or asking for anything more in my (CEL/ALG to MDA to the U list) position.

Now as for the real live U guys such as bender and the rest - especially the ones hired in the late 80's/early 90's - to you guys I'm very sorry for what has happened. It is absolutly criminal to see a guy the same age as me who was hired at Allegheny around the same time I was (99) and went to AWA in early 2004 now 100 numbers senior to a U guy hired in 88.

It doesn't matter anyway - the economy will be collapsing soon, and the airlines are the first to go and the last to recover. We will all be stuck j4j or furloughed for a very long time.

Last edited:
I don't have a dog in this fight but from an outsiders observation it looks to me like the arbitrator got it just about right. The top 500 East guys are living large and everybody else that wasn't furloughed got roughly a relative seniority integration. The unfortunate 1700 furloughed guys and gals are still furloughed. It sucked to be them before the merger and it still sucks exactly the same post-merger. Don't blame the AWA new hire. Blame AAA management. They're the ones responsible for you being in this mess. Nicolau made the right call.

Actually, I do have a dog in this fight. All of the AAA furloughees at JetBlue are now going to stay at JetBlue. So much for my quick ascension up the seniority list. Goddamnit Nicolau! You screwed me!

Last edited:
USAIR pilots: Time to shut the place down. You can only take so much, so I say to 3100 plus pilot:Its better to die standing up then live on your knees. Their are plenty of jobs around. Virgin, Skybus and lots of carriers overseas are better then what you got
Just do it.

Marty

I don't have a dog in this fight but from an outsiders observation it looks to me like the arbitrator got it just about right. The top 500 East guys are living large and everybody else that wasn't furloughed got roughly a relative seniority integration. The unfortunate 1700 furloughed guys and gals are still furloughed. It sucked to be them before the merger and it still sucks exactly the same post-merger. Don't blame the AWA new hire. Blame AAA management. They're the ones responsible for you being in this mess. Nicolau made the right call.

Actually, I do have a dog in this fight. All of the AAA furloughees at JetBlue are now going to stay at JetBlue. So much for my quick ascension up the seniority list. Goddamnit Nicolau! You screwed me!

You are exactly right. I wish more people saw it this way. It is a very emotional topic BUT what did east expect? Furloughed pilots brought nothing to the table. As for the last East guy on the list with over 18 yrs on property, did he actually expect to have his RELATIVE position change? Did he expect to come through this with 4 bars on his shoulder? Talk about a windfall! Like it or not it went relative seniority more or less.

I think much of the blame lies with the east merger committee. Not in so much as they didn't try their hardest but in the fact that DOH was a pipe dream from the beginning. The expectations of the East pilots were not managed well and they were led to believe that they could get DOH and capture some of their lost seniority at the expense of a another pilot group who were working for a growing carrier. That was just not going to happen. Someone on the east side should have been preparing the pilot group.

Now I read on the east messsage board of how guys are going to try to shut the company down so the west guys can suffer like they have. And that they should not vote on a new contract no matter what so the company has to operate the two airlines separately. And my favorite, decertify ALPA and reject the Arbitration Award. How short sighted is that? There are not too many jobs that pay 100k to an unemployed pilot that has been an FO all his career. It's time to get over it and move on. We are all lucky to be working.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back