• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me be the first to ask that all former TWA guys now at HP scream bloody murder and demand this injustice be overturned by the courts or Kit Bond. Second, I request all former TWA guys start spinning wild conspiracy theories about fake BK's, back room deals with ALPA and bought off judges. Third, I demand all former TWA guys start talking about how the old USAir was a great model of airline operations that was just days away from making butt loads of cash and HP ruined a well oiled machine out of arrogance and jealousy.

Can you guess how many fingers I'm holding up ?

C... was a working pilot on the date of the merger. 16+ years and working on the U certificate, flying a U plane is now junior to someone who was not even out of groundschool on that date.

No this was not a windfall for the West

C... was a working pilot on the date of the merger. 16+ years and working on the U certificate, flying a U plane is now junior to someone who was not even out of groundschool on that date.

No this was not a windfall for the West

Dude, it's what you bring to the table. You simply want (for yourself) what we (AWA) came to the table with (our seats), do you consider that fair?

Let me guess, 7 billion blah blah blah in consessions to get the airline was just before the merger, that is no money, no plan, no ideas.

I believe it was correct to use the original merger date as a basis for the furloughee vs. active pilots issue. A lot of the emotion is resultant from all that's happened since (generally positive for East and stagnant for West). The reality for each carrier was greatly different 2 years ago. Mondo and Odell were active, Colello was furloughed..this is the exact order they are in on the new list. This is the right call...the list isn't a moving target...it was what it was on that day by no fault of either group.

Lear Love, I believe you are absolutely wrong on your assertion that Colello's 16 yr's service entitles him to a position above Odell. On the merger announcement date, Odell had a job. We are entitled to our opinions, though.

You guys keep missing the Point, "C" was in fact WORKING for US Airways at the time of the merger. I dont know how to make that any more clear.

Collelo was furloughed on the merger announcement date, which is what the arbitrator used when he "drew the line".

Odell was an active pilot on that day.

Spin it however you like, though.

To me one sentence in the board's letter says it best. In determining where to place Odell and Monda, Nicolau states very clearly that when the merger was announced Odell and Monda were both at the bottom of their list. Now TWO YEARS LATER, Colello who was furloughed, is now a B757 fo with 300 active pilots beneath him, while Odell is still at the bottom of his list.

Colello will get top of scale pay for his posistion, but now that I've have had the gut wrenching experience of having gone through one of these, I have to agree with Carl, it's definately what you bring to the merger, plus career expectations.

Latest resources

Back