• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAIR pilots: Time to shut the place down. You can only take so much, so I say to 3100 plus pilot:Its better to die standing up then live on your knees. Their are plenty of jobs around. Virgin, Skybus and lots of carriers overseas are better then what you got
Just do it.

Marty

Great one Marty, Go ahead shut the place down. I'm sure you will easily be able to find employment with 5000 plus pilots newly out of a job. Not to mention the other 30,000 employees that work for U. I think the to 40% of the U list will not follow your lead though. But "good luck storming the castle"

For over 50 years DOH was the standard ALPA position. With provisions and protections for different types of flying, ie wide body international etc.

It was good enough for PI/US and for PSA/US and for Allegheny Mowhak etc etc etc. It was the standard until the junior United pilots got it changed because they were afraid of a merge with US.

IF you take this to it's ridiculous conclusion when this company merges with Virgin, or Skybus or Spirit then all those pilots, some with less than one year seniority, hired as captains off the street, will be senior to most West pilots. Your service time will count for nothing.

You will see more mergers, and you may not like what you get, praticularly as you grow older and spend more time in this industry. Your prior service time has no meaning. If the company merges with some upstart you will get hosed.

A great way to build ALPA unity.

AAA pilots were looking for payback for past injustices and they wanted to extract restitutuon from AWA pilots, they demanded there merger committee go for DOH. Justice prevailed and sometimes karma's just a bitch.

For over 50 years DOH was the standard ALPA position.
And for over 50 years there were very few upstarts. Deregulation altered the industry completely. I don't know the exact reason why DOH was removed from ALPA Merger Policy (in the early '90s, I think) but it probably had to do with the fact that DOH may or may not be fair depending on the particular circumstances. DOH would've meant 2/3 of AWA pilots stapled to USA. You're free to believe that's fair but the arbitrator obviously didn't.

They don't need to "Shut it down". USAirways will fail on it's own in short order. Better get your logbooks and resumes up to date !

For over 50 years DOH was the standard ALPA position. With provisions and protections for different types of flying, ie wide body international etc.

It was good enough for PI/US and for PSA/US and for Allegheny Mowhak etc etc etc. It was the standard until the junior United pilots got it changed because they were afraid of a merge with US.

IF you take this to it's ridiculous conclusion when this company merges with Virgin, or Skybus or Spirit then all those pilots, some with less than one year seniority, hired as captains off the street, will be senior to most West pilots. Your service time will count for nothing.

You will see more mergers, and you may not like what you get, praticularly as you grow older and spend more time in this industry. Your prior service time has no meaning. If the company merges with some upstart you will get hosed.

A great way to build ALPA unity.

It'll all depend on our expectations and what we'll bring to the table at that time. Just like it did here.

odell got put ahead of colello - thats f'in bullsh1t. east got the shaft big time.

tell me how the fvck does someone that got hired in 2005 get put ahead of someone with an 1986 DOH?

Uh, because he had a job maybe? Pilots at an airline that was days from liquidation prior to the merger talking about other pilots receiving a windfall at their expense need to put down the crack pipe and take a reality bath. The prospects for AW's survival without the merger can be debated; USAir's cannot. The award seems consistent with both policy and precedent.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back