• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Call me stupid, but I used to fly with the 3100 USAir grampa pilots and I don't see them voting a 15-30% seniority improvement to 1800 HP savior of the world wonder kid pilots, at their own expense."

You're stupid. Any other requests?

Refresh my memory, but what is your dog in this fight? Are you furloughed, active, retired or just here to hear yourself talk?

-----

Lear,

right around 1820-1830 pilots at present (+/-)
do a search on the retirement #'s, but a ballpark average is 50/year for a while.

Prime example of why this integration is the final nail in the coffin for USAirways. With an award this lopsided, the bitterness and resentment will bring this operation to it's knees. I give this place another year or two, then it's finished. Better start looking for work now and beat the rush.

So much for unity.

With Sincere Apologies to BenderGonzales and LearLove here I go on a rant.

This reaction is predictable. If there's one thing you can count on its the hubris of AAA pilots. Do you fly the same way? "What T-storm? I expect there to be good weather ahead..."

To recap:
Top 500 go to East
Wide Body Fences
No Bump and Flush
List Integrated by ALPA Merger Policy
Furloughed pilots slotted like pretty much every other merger in history.

And still you think you got hosed.... Lets not forget the pass policy is DOH. Or that you come back at your time in service pay. But no, you must have got hosed because now you're gonna fly your same equipment at the same relative seniority, OMFG! How did this happen to you!?

You guys were tools from the absolute beginning of this thing. We started at a reasonable point and you directed your MEC to go for broke. Guess what, you guys are BOTH OLD AND F@@CKING SENILE to expect any other outcome than this.

Now your senility is showing because you'd rather work under a BK agreement than work to get a new contract with better work rules (more time for that afternoon nap grandpa), better pay and a healthier company.

Sorry, but your 16 years would have looked real good at your next interview. You could have told 'em what a great place USAirways was before it F**cking liquidated....

Gear up Gramps! Or do you need your service monkey to reach over and get that for you so you don't throw out your trick back?

I've lost pretty much all respect for those who have gone before me, whinin' freaken' babies.

"Call me stupid, but I used to fly with the 3100 USAir grampa pilots and I don't see them voting a 15-30% seniority improvement to 1800 HP savior of the world wonder kid pilots, at their own expense."

You're stupid. Any other requests?

Boy you are a quick one. Short sighted and reactionary, but A+ for speed.

Reducto Absurdum

Reduce to the Absurd....

Virgin America goes ALPA in their third month of operation.
US Aiways buys Virgin. By the logic of this award, the slotting starts at the 500 and goes down from there.

Most Virgin pilots, with three months longevity, will end up senior to F/O's with 20 + years of service. Virgin Capts, off the street, will be senior to pilots with 25 yrs of service. This is ALPA national merger policy?? This will breed unity and union effectiveness??

This will help destroy ALPA. Just remember you will all be senior in terms of length of service at some time or another. If, when the picture is taken, you are not also senior in terms of position that snapshot will wreck your
career.

As a poster above said, this will destroy the airline. Maybe, maybe not but operationally things just got real bleak around here. If every merger just gets you screwed further and there is nothing you can do to protect yourself after 20 + years why not just let it tank on it's own. Parker hasn't got a clue on how to run an operation, he doesn't need any help screwing it up.

Ther will be more mergers coming. What then??

517 for sure yes votes, then 1000 highly likely yes votes, so 50% plus one to get away from LOA 93 is almost a lock on AWA POS Contract 2004. AAA made out on this, so it matters what active "voting" members do, not side line tough talking" beauty queens" think.

Last edited:
Sounds like after hearing of this, most of the U geezers will either flop over from Anger-driven heart attacks or strokes, drive themselves insane, or end up in D-block after poping a cap in the old ladies arse and torturing the cat after watching him spell out the letters A W in the catbox with his dried turds.

5 years from now, most will be then be history...............perhaps Nicolau was thinking long-term. Perhaps Parker threw him some cash and transferred to him his $400,000 of Jack Daniels stock.

Who knows.

Last edited:
"Boy you are a quick one. Short sighted and reactionary, but A+ for speed."

Please explain to me how I am being short sighted...This should be good....

Can you get it through your thick head that on the day this merger was announced, the junior AW pilots were flying the line with a full hiring pool waiting for class dates behind them and expected hiring in excess of 200 pilots for the year. On the flip side Colello and below were FURLOUGHED from mainline with no expectation of recall, while the remaining US Airways pilots faced, at the very best, a bleak future that likely would have brought MORE furloughs and possibly even liquidation.

This is reality. It cannot be spun, although it seems many are willing to grasp at tiny context and rear mirror views to make pathetic points (i.e. pointing out C was an MDA employee or referencing what has happened SINCE the merger closed with recalls). You don't get to erase history to suit your views and Nicolau made that loud and clear.

I empathize with the fact that many in the east have had to take far too many bites from the $hit sandwich this career has become, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation which is, when the merger was announced, I had a job at one of the merging carriers and 1700+ East guys didn't.

"Prime example of why this integration is the final nail in the coffin for USAirways. With an award this lopsided, the bitterness and resentment will bring this operation to it's knees."

I'm curious, but how is this award lopsided? Would you have considered an award that placed FURLOUGHED pilots ahead of ACTIVE pilots to not be lopsided, because that's how I read what you're saying. In that case, I would not use the word "lopsided", but rather "not to your liking"....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back