• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Trainer, but MDA was not US Airways mainline. We can go back and forth on this for another 5 pages, but it wasn't. It was intended to be a wholly owned subsidiary and ended up being operated on the US certificate. There was no flow up opportunity except a RECALL to mainline and the PSA and Piedmont guys who ended up flying there had no means of progressing to mainline equipment if they were not FURLOUGHED.

Go from top to bottom of the West list and you'll find the majority would have rather this merger never happened in the first place. We're not over here dancing in our seats, but I'll be dam%ed if someone thinks I got a windfall because someone who didn't have a job when Parker got this bright idea doesn't get to go in front of me and further contribute to my career stagnation.

The history behind Colello being on the bottom of the list after 16 yrs are unfortunate to be sure, but those reasons are no fault of mine and payback is not deserving on my back.

Last edited:
There will be no new contract soon.

Since USAir pilots have 3100 votes I wouldn't be surprised if Dougie never gets a single carrier.

Seniority is everything. Why agree to a 15% reduction in seniority when you have the votes to effectively throw it out?

USAir pilots can permanently prevent any merger by decertifying APLA. It is rumored that exploratory calls have already gone out to APA.

A count of the votes seems to indicate that the merger may be as good as dead.

Hey, I hear ya. It could happen!!

"Seniority is everything. Why agree to a 15% reduction in seniority when you have the votes to effectively throw it out?"

Actually, money is everything in this case. $hit contract til 2009, then 2-4 yrs of negotiating after that...What you say will likely not happen.

Turtle, are you an East guy? You seem to have a particular desire to see Parker's experiment fail.

There will be no quick contract. No contract until 2010, at the very earliest.

Sorry Trainer, but MDA was not US Airways mainline. We can go back and forth on this for another 5 pages, but it wasn't. It was intended to be a wholly owned subsidiary and ended up being operated on the US certificate. There was no flow up opportunity except a RECALL to mainline and the PSA and Piedmont guys who ended up flying there had no means of progressing to mainline equipment if they were not FURLOUGHED.

Go from top to bottom of the West list and you'll find the majority would have rather this merger never happened in the first place. We're not over here dancing in our seats, but I'll be dam%ed if someone thinks I got a windfall because someone who didn't have a job when Parker got this bright idea doesn't get to go in front of me and further contribute to my career stagnation.

The history behind Colello being on the bottom of the list after 16 yrs are unfortunate to be sure, but those reasons are no fault of mine and payback is not deserving on my back.

You are a special pilot and USAir pilots are gonna recognize that right away. Probably buy you a beer on every overnight. Oops; have to stick with a Shirley Temple instead for a few years.:)

odell got put ahead of colello - thats f'in bullsh1t. east got the shaft big time.

tell me how the fvck does someone that got hired in 2005 get put ahead of someone with an 1986 DOH?

Oh that one is real easy to answer, because Mr. Colello was unemployed at the time Mr. Odell was hired and working...

WD.

Since USAir pilots have 3100 votes I wouldn't be surprised if Dougie never gets a single carrier.

Seniority is everything. Why agree to a 15% reduction in seniority when you have the votes to effectively throw it out?

USAir pilots can permanently prevent any merger by decertifying APLA. It is rumored that exploratory calls have already gone out to APA.

A count of the votes seems to indicate that the merger may be as good as dead.

That is probably the single stupidest thing anyone could say. Ok now check this. The AWA pilot contract is up NOW and there is nothing to prevent us from entering into a contract with the company on our own while the east watches us improve in pay and work rules while the sit under LOA93 until their amendable date in 09. Yeah stall the talks that will work!! Get over it and lets move on...

Hey Parker we wish to invoke our section 6 rights.

WD

So much for unity.

With Sincere Apologies to BenderGonzales and LearLove here I go on a rant.

This reaction is predictable. If there's one thing you can count on its the hubris of AAA pilots. Do you fly the same way? "What T-storm? I expect there to be good weather ahead..."

To recap:
Top 500 go to East
Wide Body Fences
No Bump and Flush
List Integrated by ALPA Merger Policy
Furloughed pilots slotted like pretty much every other merger in history.

And still you think you got hosed.... Lets not forget the pass policy is DOH. Or that you come back at your time in service pay. But no, you must have got hosed because now you're gonna fly your same equipment at the same relative seniority, OMFG! How did this happen to you!?

You guys were tools from the absolute beginning of this thing. We started at a reasonable point and you directed your MEC to go for broke. Guess what, you guys are BOTH OLD AND F@@CKING SENILE to expect any other outcome than this.

Now your senility is showing because you'd rather work under a BK agreement than work to get a new contract with better work rules (more time for that afternoon nap grandpa), better pay and a healthier company.

Sorry, but your 16 years would have looked real good at your next interview. You could have told 'em what a great place USAirways was before it F**cking liquidated....

Gear up Gramps! Or do you need your service monkey to reach over and get that for you so you don't throw out your trick back?

I've lost pretty much all respect for those who have gone before me, whinin' freaken' babies.

Oh come on. Its the results that you cats whine about. Time for some consistancy from my TWA pals. Get to it fellas.
Why people like you look to stir the pot is beyond me. I've written over and over that it's the process that needs to be fair, outcome be darned. There's simply no comparison between AA/TWA and AW/USA. One was a one-sided cramdown and the other was neutral arbitration. No inconsistancy exists.

Latest resources

Back