Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So much for unity.

With Sincere Apologies to BenderGonzales and LearLove here I go on a rant.

This reaction is predictable. If there's one thing you can count on its the hubris of AAA pilots. Do you fly the same way? "What T-storm? I expect there to be good weather ahead..."

To recap:
Top 500 go to East
Wide Body Fences
No Bump and Flush
List Integrated by ALPA Merger Policy
Furloughed pilots slotted like pretty much every other merger in history.

And still you think you got hosed.... Lets not forget the pass policy is DOH. Or that you come back at your time in service pay. But no, you must have got hosed because now you're gonna fly your same equipment at the same relative seniority, OMFG! How did this happen to you!?

You guys were tools from the absolute beginning of this thing. We started at a reasonable point and you directed your MEC to go for broke. Guess what, you guys are BOTH OLD AND F@@CKING SENILE to expect any other outcome than this.

Now your senility is showing because you'd rather work under a BK agreement than work to get a new contract with better work rules (more time for that afternoon nap grandpa), better pay and a healthier company.

Sorry, but your 16 years would have looked real good at your next interview. You could have told 'em what a great place USAirways was before it F**cking liquidated....

Gear up Gramps! Or do you need your service monkey to reach over and get that for you so you don't throw out your trick back?

I've lost pretty much all respect for those who have gone before me, whinin' freaken' babies.

So, with the widebodies fenced, will the senior USAirways East pilots be able to bump the AWA 757 pilots off their Hawaiian routes? When will East pilots be able to bid West domiciles like PHX and LAS and vice versa? Watch the older East pilots bid sunny Phoenix (pre-retirement) at the first chance.

I love to hear the East pilots crying about their arbitration result. Perhaps they should consider that they were weeks away from LIQUIDATION and the unemployment line? Does that ring a bell? They should consider themselves lucky in my opinion - especially the top 500...

Yeah, I wonder what their seniority would be like after they lost their jobs and had to go to Jet Blue.

I'd bet they'd sue when they found out they'd be on the bottom.

MESA SUCKS. UAL just got a stake in Hawaiian, looks like JohnnyO will have to decide between GO and his UAL flying soon.

HAH!

Grog is da man. Well said, brother.

No matter how this arbitration went, someone was going to be pissed off. Can't please 'em all!

Harsh, but true grog. What do you West sides think about our guys that keep on picking up all the extra flying?

That is probably the single stupidest thing anyone could say. Ok now check this. The AWA pilot contract is up NOW and there is nothing to prevent us from entering into a contract with the company on our own while the east watches us improve in pay and work rules while the sit under LOA93 until their amendable date in 09. Yeah stall the talks that will work!! Get over it and lets move on...

Hey Parker we wish to invoke our section 6 rights.

WD

Call me stupid, but I used to fly with the 3100 USAir grampa pilots and I don't see them voting a 15-30% seniority improvement to 1800 HP savior of the world wonder kid pilots, at their own expense.

It is simple math. Grampa pilots are always willing to vote for junior pilots to loose seniority and money in exchange for a payoff to them. And grampa pilots were all too willing to vote 2000 pilots off the bottom of the USAir active list in exchange for a payoff.

In this situation Dave has to convince 3100 pilots (who collectively view themselves as senior) to acquiesce to a seniority loss to 1800 other pilots (that they perceive to be junior). The arbitrator’s ruling doesn’t change the fact that there are 3100 pilots who get to vote on when or if the list is effectively integrated.

To get the grampa pilots to adopt what they perceive as a seniority loss to themselves, it will cost a pay raise that I can't imagine Dave is interested in paying.

But who knows, maybe the grampa pilots have changed in their old age or maybe Dave is really a sugar daddy at heart.

I don't know, but I sure as heell wouldn't buy a ticket to be a customer while this is going on.

Latest resources

Back