Awa Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aerosquirrel said:
The pilot's in the pool may not have a seniority number, but they can show you the 2005 Benefits Overview, the AWA Code of Business and Ethics, tell you what size of AWA jacket, slacks and hat they wear. They have also had their medical done, Id badge photo taken, and signed paperwork to allow AWA to contact other potential employers and have their application and resumes pulled. Oh yea, AWA also has their family information given to the pass bureau and their security background check completed. The poolies I know have also been paying ALPA union dues with other carriers for some time.

now that is ridiculous, you must be in the pool. c'mon now thats all nice and dramatic but you know that a poolie is not an employee nor do they have a seniority number. plus, how do you know those pants still fit after being in the pool! LOL

The first to lie down

OK frankly TWA guy makes a salient point. And now I may have to re evaluate my opinion of him because he stepped back and looked at the big picture here.

Calling me a fool serves your purpose... I suppose because you obviously feel this is inevitable and you have no choice so you're going to make the best of it. There are some who would agree with that position. Sadly though, you really shouldn't. You are represented by a union. They are, by definition, there to represent your best intertests. This merger doesn't. Not even close. But if they can convince you to go along they overcome their greatest obstacle; the ruination of every pilot career at AWA. Do you believe that because you will gain combined overseas routes that it will ever benefit you? If you do, you're delusional. That simple fact is the bargaining chip they will use to effect your ruination. Simply put, AWA pilots will bear the brunt of the cost of this merger from an employee standpoint for many years to come.

There is only one thing to do. Oppose this merger as a pilot group as a whole. You aren't in danger of bankruptcy as things are. Your cost structure estimates SWA in many ways. US AW is in imminent danger of failure. They are selling their last value at your extreme expense. Don't let them.

This combination will drag you into the US AW abyss of failure. And fail you both will. This is utter disaster happening in front of your eyes. Why would you volunteer to sacrifice your career for this?? Its unreal.

AWA pilot group should oppose this with all its might. No flame. No exacerbation. Just common sense. That is what I would do. You obviously are going to lie down and hope for the best......the course management most hopes you will take. A fool?? We will see who is the fool once this thing goes through. Hopefully, unemployment will pay you enough to support your internet bill so I will be able to see you post here later.

Tell you what, I'll stop posting here the day the first AWA pilot poolie is brought on the combined property. Guess what?? I'll never have to stop posting.

WAKE THE F UP.

>>>>>>>>>

Cactus73 said:
Last Thursday both Lakefield and Parker left me a message on my home phone wanting my approval for the merger. I couldn't get back to them in time to stop it so they went ahead with the announcement.

Nitrogen, you are a fool and total flame bait.

The AWA and USAir guys are along for a ride here. We can't "stop" this merger. We don't run the company, we work for it.

Management has announced their intentions and now we are going to make the best of the situation.

The fact that we want to see the new USAirway's succeed and to fairly protect as many jobs as possible is the best option for us.

So now, I think it is time for you to STFU!

Just re read your post

I just re read your post and I want to change my response based upon your comments.

Here it is Cactus:

You're a total buffoon.
You deserve everything you're about to get.
Best of luck.
LOL

Cactus73 said:
Last Thursday both Lakefield and Parker left me a message on my home phone wanting my approval for the merger. I couldn't get back to them in time to stop it so they went ahead with the announcement.

Nitrogen, you are a fool and total flame bait.

The AWA and USAir guys are along for a ride here. We can't "stop" this merger. We don't run the company, we work for it.

Management has announced their intentions and now we are going to make the best of the situation.

The fact that we want to see the new USAirway's succeed and to fairly protect as many jobs as possible is the best option for us.

So now, I think it is time for you to STFU!

F*** US AIR I wish I could put my seniority number on Ebay. AWA union should do everything possible to block any type of deal with US Air union.

Nitrogen
Are you running low on Riddlin?
Look at this clowns post history.
Starting to wonder if NitroFag is even a pilot.
Do you have a C-152 Type rating.

nitrogen said:
I just re read your post and I want to change my response based upon your comments.

Here it is Cactus:

You're a total buffoon.
Best of luck.
LOL

nitrogen said:
You are represented by a union. They are, by definition, there to represent your best intertests. This merger doesn't. Not even close.

OK, Nitro. So mighty AWA/ALPA scuttle this merger, and Bronner and Co. take the money they have found in the investment community and go after Frontier and perhaps Alaska. Boy, AWA pilots will be in the tall clover then, right? Yeah, they'll be saying "Man, we showed Parker, didn't we?"

Then they'll be saying "Wow! Good good thing we monitered flightinfo.com and got all that good advice from that nitro dude."

nitrogen said:
US AW is in imminent danger of failure.

Yes. Correct. According to U management, that "imminent" danger has been "imminent" for about six years now. Stay tuned.

nitrogen said:
AWA pilot group should oppose this with all its might. No flame. No exacerbation. Just common sense. That is what I would do.

Dude, please let us know if you ever start an airline. You are quite obviously the greatest genius this message board has ever hosted.

nitrogen said:
Tell you what, I'll stop posting here the day the first AWA pilot poolie is brought on the combined property. Guess what?? I'll never have to stop posting.

Bingo! You are quite obviously in the pool. "Hey everyone: look at the fine mind in the AWA pool. It's nitrogen, from the fltinfo Hanger board!"

Last edited:
If everyone will just stop responding to this idiot, he'll eventually run out of things to say!
nitrogen said:

Here it is Cactus:

You're a total buffoon.
Best of luck.
LOL

squirrel,

Prior to the finalization of the merger, if AWA needs to hire then yes, I can see them hiring poolies. Though the rumor I heard was that they were done hiring until possibly Oct, and the merger was supposed to be final sometime this fall. During a merger I have heard that a "snapshot" is taken at some point to show what each airline has prior to a merger for integration purposes. Can someone help me out here on this? I thought it was when the merger was formally announced. Let's say that 8 of the 9 planets somehow aligned and US Air posted a 2nd quarter profit. Would that change the elemants of the merger(board seats, CEO leadership, etc.)? No, that has already been set in the public announcement. So somewhere there has to be a point, date, or time in history,where we use as the starting point for integration.

It will be after the merger is finalized. If AWA continues to hire from the pool, then these new pilots, with a real seniorty # will be treated just like everyone else.

You must be a poolie, or you've never sat in one before. No one in their right mind would consider a person who's waiting on a class date already hired.

Doug Parker said:
NOPE - the merger isn't a done deal. The poolies were hired before the merger was ever announced. They should be on property before any furloughees are recalled.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back