Attention Tsa Jumpseat Under Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
smokey999 said:
Uhhhhhh, not really. I'm only able to receive passes on code shares or affiliates. At GJ, many employees are receiving passes on American Connection.

TSA's American Connection, which is owned by TSAH. Trust me, we aren't given anything extra in terms of travel benefits. Ask someone in employee travel and they will tell you the same thing.

I have been reading these posts about GJ now for a while from a third party perspective. I know that I would be pissed also if that happened at my airline. I still have to support TSA pilots. H25B, You must work for GJ's because any pilot reading this regional airline pilot war can understand how the TSA pilots are pissed. Its like saying your son is not guilty after you know he robbed the bank. H25B, my only question for you is CAN you see why the TSA pilots are furious?? Because you sure make it sound like there was nothing wrong with the way GJ airlines was formed. In my mind the real scabs are the ones who Initially jumped over to GJ's. I hope this war is settled fair in a timely manner. Best Regards

It's a classic whipsaw and is the same thing that has been going on since the mainline jobs started getting outsourced to the regionals. Just in different form. The TSA pilots, along with many others are just as much part of the overall problem as GJ pilots.

I completely understand why they are furious. Most people usually are when they get what's coming. What goes around comes around...

h25b said:
It's a classic whipsaw and is the same thing that has been going on since the mainline jobs started getting outsourced to the regionals. Just in different form.
I don't recall regional pilots (or mainline pilots, for that matter) having a choice in mainline jobs being outsourced to the regionals. That is a management decision.

The TSA pilots, along with many others are just as much part of the overall problem as GJ pilots.
Please, elaborate further on this sentence. I'd care to know exactly what you think the "problem" is, and how TSA pilots specifically (and regional pilots in general) fit into that equation.

I completely understand why they are furious. Most people usually are when they get what's coming. What goes around comes around...
So if I understand your post correctly, you are saying TSA pilots had what they got coming to them because mainline management decided to outsource flying to RJs, is that about right?

BoilerUP said:
I don't recall regional pilots (or mainline pilots, for that matter) having a choice in mainline jobs being outsourced to the regionals. That is a management decision.

Please, elaborate further on this sentence. I'd care to know exactly what you think the "problem" is, and how TSA pilots specifically (and regional pilots in general) fit into that equation.

So if I understand your post correctly, you are saying TSA pilots had what they got coming to them because mainline management decided to outsource flying to RJs, is that about right?

I think your boat has left the dock and you guys just need to get over it...

pilot05 said:
you're not welcome on my a/c

This is exactly the sense of ownership BS that's the problem. You're paid help, not the owner of the airplane so it's not YOUR a/c. No flying is entitled to you and you're not owed a single thing other than a paycheck for the work you've done. If your union wants more flying then it needs to be negotiated in to a contract with EXTREMELY tight scope language (which you obviously didn't have)..

Last edited:
h25b said:
This is exactly the sense of ownership BS that's the problem. You're paid help, not the owner of the airplane so it's not YOUR a/c.

Why are you even here? You left airline flying some time ago, and you apparently don't want to come back, so why do you come over to the regional boards all the time? We don't need your help, trust me.

As for ownership of the airplane, as far as I'm concerned, when I sign for the airplane, I own the jumpseat and have full authority over who rides on my airplane. If anyone wants to argue with that, then they can have a talk with the FAA, because I can assure you that they will side with me. No one can tell a Captain who is going to ride on his airplane if he feels uncomfortable having them there.

And HoJets scum, just to be clear, you aren't welcome on my airplane either. Go take a hike.

h25b said:
It's a classic whipsaw and is the same thing that has been going on since the mainline jobs started getting outsourced to the regionals. Just in different form. The TSA pilots, along with many others are just as much part of the overall problem as GJ pilots.

More nonsensical, circular logic. One of a very few scab type pilots who work at g0jet, who continue to try to singlehandedly convince the rest of the world that everyone else is wrong. H25b and his ilk fit in perfectly with the misfits who were abused as children and now are in tsa management. Case study...our 500lb company lawyer, who is a former pilot and union leader, and now devotes his days to figuring out ways to terminate tsa pilots.

PCL_128 said:
And HoJets scum, just to be clear, you aren't welcome on my airplane either. Go take a hike.

O.K. then, you DO own the airplane... Great, nice to get that straight. :rolleyes:

It's interesting that neither one of you can point out where I'm factually incorrect. Like I said before, go ahead and give the FAA a call asking them to back you up on your little jumpseat war. Be sure to let me me what they tell you. My guess would be something along the lines of, "if you're really get that uncomfortable so easily you are way too immature to command a jet aircraft carrying 50 paying passengers...."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back