Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shrek

Just read a memo in the crew room...... 01-13-06

It stated that NO OTHER airline can occupy the jumpseat on TSA aircraft.

It allows non-revs and jumpseaters in the back if there is room. This is just another beautiful fruit born from our fight with G Jets.....err sry TSA Holdings.

The fallout from this memo is going to be felt FAR and wide.

Our negotiations for a new contract start in FEB and it does NOT set the right tone......like having TWO lists as well.

Management is trying to crush ALPA on the property and are trying to turn the rest of the airlines pilots on us. The reason to post this is NOT to be on a soapbox. The reason is to let people know until further notice that this is in effect.

I......personally would like to appologize to all of the pilots that use our jumpseat to get to and from work. We are going to work on changing this ASAP.

This is how the FedEx pilots feel at times....

Also, keep in mind that two ALPA volunteers have been terminated without cause for representing pilots....

You guys are going to have a time when a pilot who's airline you're flying for gets denied......

Seasoned pilots on here have been warning you for months about the Jumpseat Wars.... Now it has happened...

These are all quotes from pilots that warned you about this....

h25b said:
I wouldn't be looking to the FAA to back anyone up on a jumpseat war.

BlackPilot628 said:
OK then Jackass! Play jumpseats wars… Keep this all in mind next time your trying to get home for a family emergency and you get denied by "some" Capt.

Dave Benjamin said:
When was the last time someone won a jumpseat war? You guys denying the jump need to think about what's going to happen to your fellow pilots if they try and commute on the carrier you've chosen to deny. However think long and hard before starting a jumpseat war.

A350 said:
Secondly, the mainline management has, and continues to use the regional pilots to undermine the CBA's of every mainline pilot out there. Do they call you names and deny jumpseats to you? What is the difference?

TWA Dude said:
Furtheremore, the childish blaming of other pilots that goes on here and unfortunately on the line in the form of Jumpseat Politicing does us all more harm than good. It's not logical to blame Mesa pilots or any of the other Small Jet operators for our industry's predicament. Management runs the airlines, not the unions. United's pilots won big in the 2000 "Summer of Love" and Comair's won big after their strike -- good for them but look where it got them. My point isn't that they shouldn't of won but that in the current environment we should view as inevitable their eventual downfall. There will always be another Mesa, JetBlue, or whomever undercutting the competition just as there'll always be pilots to fly for them. This is how life is outside the aviation industry so it shouldn't surprise anybody here.

h25b said:
I can't figure out how you guys can't see that what you are doing will get you nowhere. Yes, denying a jumpseat may yield a certain personal satisfaction but it obviously may get you shown the door and will take your cause nowhere.
h25b said:

Like I said...

Keep up the jumpseat war, it's worked so well in the past...

BoilerUP said:
When did we start talking about a jumpseat war again? The jumpseat thing is a beaten horse, and I agree with you about it; ....

theo said:
...It also leads to the potential for a jumpseat war. If you are a guy who needs Go J et to get to work than your fellow pilots may very well be setting the stage for you to be refused by a Go J et crew who wants to pay back a refusal he may have encountered. That is not what any of us need or want.

DirkkDiggler said:
I personally stay out of the GJ's jumpseat wars because that's not how I play my game....

Stand strong, guys. Don't let them bully you into giving a free ride to these HoJets douchebags. They wouldn't be instituting this policy if you weren't hurting them already. Keep up the good work.

PCL_128 said:
Stand strong, guys. Don't let them bully you into giving a free ride to these HoJets douchebags. They wouldn't be instituting this policy if you weren't hurting them already. Keep up the good work.

What are you talking about? ONLY TSA PILOTS can occupy the Jumpseat NOW. GJ Pilots can not occupy a TSA Jumpseat now either, so how is this giving a free ride to the GJ Guys?

Everybody losses on this one.

FlyHIToo said:
What are you talking about? ONLY TSA PILOTS can occupy the Jumpseat NOW. GJ Pilots can not occupy a TSA Jumpseat now either, so how is this giving a free ride to the GJ Guys?

Everybody losses on this one.
Well, HoJet Douchebag #2, the new policy that was posted specifically states that jumpseaters from other airlines are still allowed in the cabin, just not in the cockpit JS. This policy was put in place to put pressure on the TSA pilots so they would stop denying jumpseats to HoJet tools like yourself. The TSA pilots have obviously created some problems for TSA (oops, I mean HoJets:rolleyes: ) management, so they want to pressure the TSA pilots into stopping the jumpseat denials. There is no other reason for this change in policy.

PCL_128 said:

You and those who think like you have already lost this war.

I'm going to REALLY enjoy watching all the crying and screaming though.

PFT ho that you are.
:)

PCL_128 said:
Well, HoJet Douchebag #2, the new policy that was posted specifically states that jumpseaters from other airlines are still allowed in the cabin, just not in the cockpit JS. This policy was put in place to put pressure on the TSA pilots so they would stop denying jumpseats to HoJet tools like yourself. The TSA pilots have obviously created some problems for TSA (oops, I mean HoJets:rolleyes: ) management, so they want to pressure the TSA pilots into stopping the jumpseat denials. There is no other reason for this change in policy.

I am still missing how this will help GJ?

GJ and TSA, and any other UAX or UAL pilot for that matter, can NON-REV in the back in an open seat on a higher priority than a offline jumpseater. Without talking to the cockpit. This is true for TSA American Connection flying too. A TSA or GJ pilot can pass ride in the back w/o talking to anyone but the gate agent. Just like AE can ride on AA, or ComAir on DAL, or XJT on CAL. So the only way that a GJ would even talk to the pilots is to ask to jumpseat if no seat was free in the back. Now GJ nor anyother pilot can use that cockpit jumpseat. This is the only change... that NO ONE but a TSA PILOT can sit in the cockpit not even GJ.

This policy doesn't help GJ or anyother pilot. I actually limits one more seat for everyone except TSA.

GJ is not helped in anyway by this!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back