Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rossa said:
Quick question: Is TSA in CASS?

If you aren't in CASS, then I believe only your own pilots can occupy the actual jumpseat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently we can ride in USAirways cockpits.

Can't wait to see the first mainline pilot we have to deny......it will hit the fan big time.

KingKong2 said:
Seasoned pilots on here have been warning you for months about the Jumpseat Wars.... Now it has happened...

These are all quotes from pilots that warned you about this....

Hi Dan, its hard work keeping up with your b.s. but here goes..

"seasoned"? h25b and theo? Funny.
Are you trying to imply that you have the support of pilots in the industry for your alter ego whipsaw g0jet? Even the tiny minority who sling mud on this board qualify it with "but I still think g0jet is a bad thing".

Everybody knows this not a jumpseat war but a war against seniority jumping, alter ego joining pilots like you.

what exactly "happened" today? A piece of garbage tsa low life manager, MW, is attempting to put the squeeze on tsa pilots. And which side do you fall on? the wrong side yet again. Must be lonely for you and Dave T.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
This is how the FedEx pilots feel at times....

Also, keep in mind that two ALPA volunteers have been terminated without cause for representing pilots....

Ummmm....try SIX!

FlyHIToo said:
I am not talking about as a jumpseater. I am talking about as a non-rev in the back with an open seat. Not as a jumpseater.

That's the way all the Hojets terds travel. Mgt. knows they would not get their precious kids anywhere if they were relying on the jumpseat like all the other airlines on the planet, so they pay for or provide non-rev passes for everywhere they go. And yes, you should talk to the Captain regardless of your status, it's a common courtesy.......oh, I guess you wouldn't know JACK about common courtesy, would you?

210FR8DOG said:
And yes, you should talk to the Captain regardless of your status, it's a common courtesy.......oh, I guess you wouldn't know JACK about common courtesy, would you?

I disagree. If you're a nonrev (ie, you didn't fill out a jumpseat form, the gate didn't check your certificates, etc.), you are not jumpseating, and you do not have to check in with the captain.

There are flights where there's a large population of commuting pilots (DFW-ATL springs to mind). If all of those pilots had to check in with the Captain while nonreving, the flight would never get off the ground. I guess by your reasoning there the last time I went to Paris on vacation I should have checked in with the Captain, just because, right?

sweptback said:
I disagree. If you're a nonrev (ie, you didn't fill out a jumpseat form, the gate didn't check your certificates, etc.), you are not jumpseating, and you do not have to check in with the captain.

There are flights where there's a large population of commuting pilots (DFW-ATL springs to mind). If all of those pilots had to check in with the Captain while nonreving, the flight would never get off the ground. I guess by your reasoning there the last time I went to Paris on vacation I should have checked in with the Captain, just because, right?

That's right... "Just because" has become the new industry standard. Or at least "just because" the TSA pilots didn't get those shiney new jets we all must redefine the word scab and participate in some lame a$$ jumpseat war.

h25b said:
That's right... "Just because" has become the new industry standard. Or at least "just because" the TSA pilots didn't get those shiney new jets we all must redefine the word scab and participate in some lame a$$ jumpseat war.

Another incoherent, illogical argument aimed at confusing the issue...take a classic whipsaw alter ego and muddle it with nonsense and buzz words..shiney(sic) jets and jumpseat war....good one h25b.

redbook said:
Another incoherent, illogical argument aimed at confusing the issue...take a classic whipsaw alter ego and muddle it with nonsense and buzz words..shiney(sic) jets and jumpseat war....good one h25b.

None of these are buzzwords...

"Shiny Jets" - Jets or new aircraft that young regional airline pilots somehow feel that they are entitled to fly.

"Jumpseat War" - A very stupid game played by young, naive, regional airline pilots who feel that this effort will win them some sort of support or garner some other desired effect other than the unavoidable reality of it backfiring in their faces...

"Classic Whipsaw" - A management tactic first perfected many years ago and came of age when many mainline carriers in the post 9/11 economy started outsourcing pilot positions to contract carriers such as TSA, Chautauqua, Mesa, etc...

I don't think the problem lies in that what I'm saying is incoherent, it's just that you're too blinded by union political senseless anger to see the big picture...

Last edited:
h25b said:
None of these are buzzwords...

"Shiny Jets" - Jets or new aircraft that young regional airline pilots somehow feel that they are entitled to fly.

"Jumpseat War" - A very stupid game played by young, naive, regional airline pilots who feel that this effort will win them some sort of support or garner some other desired effect other than the unavoidable reality of it backfiring in their faces...

"Classic Whipsaw" - A management tactic first perfected many years ago and came of age when many mainline carriers in the post 9/11 economy started outsourcing pilot positions to contract carriers such as TSA, Chautauqua, Mesa, etc...

I don't think the problem lies in that what I'm saying is incoherent, it's just that you're too blinded by union political senseless anger to see the big picture...

right...big picture...the one that depicts a one year atr f/o should jump ahead of 700 other pilots in seniority.
I guess I am too blinded to see that. Very complicated. Shiny jets. Jumpseat war. That is what we are talking about according to you.

Big picture:

TSA got new equipment...scumbags wanted to usurp seniority...they flew it.
H25b just keep yapping nonsense.

redbook said:
right...big picture...the one that depicts a one year atr f/o should jump ahead of 700 other pilots in seniority.
I guess I am too blinded to see that. Very complicated. Shiny jets. Jumpseat war. That is what we are talking about according to you.

Big picture:

TSA got new equipment...scumbags wanted to usurp seniority...they flew it.
H25b just keep yapping nonsense.

Whose seniority are you talking about..??? There are 2 different lists. No one got jumped over, Period...

You're just pi$$ed you didn't get to fly the 70 seaters. Nothing was stolen from you, you just didn't get additional aircraft. Yes it is very simple.

Latest resources

Back