Attention Tsa Jumpseat Under Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyHIToo said:
GJ and TSA, and any other UAX or UAL pilot for that matter, can ride in the back in an open seat on a higher priority than a offline jumpseater. Without talking to the cockpit.

Um, since when did jumpseaters stop talking to the cockpit even if there was an open seat in the back? I was told that going up front and asking the captain for a ride, no matter where you were sitting, was considered the proper procedure. I guess GJ is just special like that though.

flyer172r said:
Um, since when did jumpseaters stop talking to the cockpit even if there was an open seat in the back? I was told that going up front and asking the captain for a ride, no matter where you were sitting, was considered the proper procedure. I guess GJ is just special like that though.

I am not talking about as a jumpseater. I am talking about as a non-rev in the back with an open seat. Not as a jumpseater.

Non Rev status is always higher priority than jumpseat status. There are only 2 advantages to being on a jumpseat status. 1. Getting that last [cockpit] seat if authorized 2. Not paying the non rev fee if applicable.

FlyHi,

It must be real nice for you GJ individuals to pass ride on our AX equipment. As for me, I fly the 41 and consequently only receive American benefits. It's nice to know that Trans States AIRLINES...per P.G. in the pass department are writing personal passes for GJ employees on AX equipment when you guys don't even support AA. When do the TSA employees get to non-rev on GJ for free? Tell me that. It's a good thing that these truly are separate companies huh!

commuterpuke said:
You can't bump a non-rev that's riding in the cabin.

The Captain can bump anyone who is riding anywhere on his/her aircraft. This includes non-revenue as well as revenue passengers. It also includes First Officers and Flight Attendents, but I have only heard of this happening in very rare occasions.

purduedchi said:
FlyHi,

It must be real nice for you GJ individuals to pass ride on our AX equipment. As for me, I fly the 41 and consequently only receive American benefits. It's nice to know that Trans States AIRLINES...per P.G. in the pass department are writing personal passes for GJ employees on AX equipment when you guys don't even support AA. When do the TSA employees get to non-rev on GJ for free? Tell me that. It's a good thing that these truly are separate companies huh!

Do they even get to ride on the AX equipment that AMR still owns and TSA operates in direct violation of Eagle's scope clause? You reap what you sow, pal.

Quick question: Is TSA in CASS?

If you aren't in CASS, then I believe only your own pilots can occupy the actual jumpseat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FlyHIToo said:
I am still missing how this will help GJ?

GJ and TSA, and any other UAX or UAL pilot for that matter, can NON-REV in the back in an open seat on a higher priority than a offline jumpseater. Without talking to the cockpit. This is true for TSA American Connection flying too. A TSA or GJ pilot can pass ride in the back w/o talking to anyone but the gate agent. Just like AE can ride on AA, or ComAir on DAL, or XJT on CAL. So the only way that a GJ would even talk to the pilots is to ask to jumpseat if no seat was free in the back. Now GJ nor anyother pilot can use that cockpit jumpseat. This is the only change... that NO ONE but a TSA PILOT can sit in the cockpit not even GJ.

This policy doesn't help GJ or anyother pilot. I actually limits one more seat for everyone except TSA.

GJ is not helped in anyway by this!!!

Do HoJet pilots not have to pay for a pass to non-rev on TSA?

Latest resources

Back