• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This whole thing is manglements wet dream. Shifting crew members around from airline to airline, moving planes, negotiating CBA's constantly. ACMI's, threats, low balling, strife, anger, WOW. They are keeping you busy. Good luck. Throw DHL in the mix and you couldn't come knock on my door and offer me 100k to come back. Wonder what is next? To my fellow Astar brothers at ATI, do your job and go home, don't ever put your heart and soul into that mess for God's sake.

Has the ATI MEC said anything about this arrangement? I would think that allowing ABX pilots to come in with longevity credit, without a signed LOA from the ATI MEC, would be considered a major dispute, since it involves rates of pay.

Probably Way Too Late For That....

My guess is the ATI guys, especially the real new hires are fuming.......

I'm not fuming, I'm still very happy to be of the streets.
I'm looking forward to being matched to that 12 year pay AND having a furlough buffer....

I'm not fuming, I'm still very happy to be of the streets.
I'm looking forward to being matched to that 12 year pay AND having a furlough buffer....

Love it! I think that is the best way to approach this, if ATSG can agree to pay a new hire at ATI 12 yr pay then you all should get it! Let it raise the bar for the other FO's instead of trying to reduce the ABX new hire pay.

I guess I am talking about the ATI 767 sitting in GUA the last few times I went thru there. As recently as 2mo's ago that charter was being flown by "our" pilots, (ABX). However you slice it that trip was ABX it is now ATI!...

I think you are mistaken. Send me the dates when you saw an ATI 767 in Guam. We have two flying - your old 748AX (which was traded for, I believe, 312AA otherwise known as 762CX for its ETOPS), and that jet has been busy in MIA and points south, and 761CX, which has been busy with the Sydney-Auckland Qantas routes. To my knowledge, the only time 761CX has been away from that run was a trip up to Singapore for a check.

Yea, I guess it's true I flew with the same people over and over because they lived in the same city as me. There was also a little Astar/ABX friction going on. I personally didn't care about either company anymore, but some guys at ABX just gave me, "THE EYE."
On the other hand, there were some really nice guys that made my jumpseat great! One of those great guys got a well deserved job at SWA.
Good luck to all Astar and ABX guys moving on. It's slim picking out there!

Thanks Longhorn! Enjoyed your company! Wish Brand X would fire up the hiring. Getting to many flat spots from crossing the pond.

Not Guam. GUA = MGGT = Guatemala City, Guatemala.

I haven't seen it there, but I have seen it in SJO/MROC, San Jose, Costa Rica.

I have a picture of a ATI 767 on my cell in GUA, just happened to be in the shot while taking a picture of CFR in the shed next to our parking spot. Very scary!

Nitefreight is a little off.. ATI lost flying to ABX long before ATSG bought us. We had the AEROMEX contract that ABX currently flies out of LAX to Mexico, Guatemala and SJO long before ABX came in with their 76. We used to fly it with an 8. I remember hearing it was going to ABX until we got our 76 but it never came back. AEROMEX brought us to MIA to fly GUA and SJO and when that went away we started with LAN. I don't think it had anything to do with ABX. I guess if we went back to LAX with one of our 76 then they will cry foul that we took their flying! (Something we were doing years ago on our 8) Competition in the ACMI market that's all that is....

Nitefreight is a little off.. ATI lost flying to ABX long before ATSG bought us. We had the AEROMEX contract that ABX currently flies out of LAX to Mexico, Guatemala and SJO long before ABX came in with their 76. We used to fly it with an 8. I remember hearing it was going to ABX until we got our 76 but it never came back. AEROMEX brought us to MIA to fly GUA and SJO and when that went away we started with LAN. I don't think it had anything to do with ABX. I guess if we went back to LAX with one of our 76 then they will cry foul that we took their flying! (Something we were doing years ago on our 8) Competition in the ACMI market that's all that is....

And dsee8driver is missing the point, flying ABX is "currently doing" is going to the other carriers under the ATSG umbrela because of mostly low pay scales. I do not see that happening the other way around. (I thought this thread was about ATI new hires?)

Latest resources

Back