• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's pretty amazing to me that a contract can be signed and enacted before the damn thing is even in print!

How many years of ABX longevity do the 6 have that (I understand...) have so far transferred to ATI? By the wording of the summary quoted above, is the transferred longevity covered by our not-so-current CBA, or by ABXs for pay? In other words, do they start out at our 12 year (our current max) pay rate assuming they had over 12 years at ABX, or do they retain their pay from the ABX scale? Either way, who's writing that check? ATI and Cappy are budgeted for our existing CBAs and crew force longevity. Now there's quite a wrench thrown into that process for both companies. Not gonna help the rest of us get a pay raise in our on-going negotiations...

And nite, by your logic, we at ATI and at Cappy can negotiate your side letter out of existence since we apparently don't need to talk with your reps to do it.

You might very well be able to negotiate the LOA out just have to get the CEO of ATSG to agree to remove it he is the one who agreed to it in the first place. He is also the one who will be agreeing to your new contract. As far as pay goes reread the post 1 or 2 previous it says ATI 12 year pay not ABX. Just credit for years of service.

It's pretty amazing to me that a contract can be signed and enacted before the damn thing is even in print!

How many years of ABX longevity do the 6 have that (I understand...) have so far transferred to ATI? By the wording of the summary quoted above, is the transferred longevity covered by our not-so-current CBA, or by ABXs for pay? In other words, do they start out at our 12 year (our current max) pay rate assuming they had over 12 years at ABX, or do they retain their pay from the ABX scale? Either way, who's writing that check? ATI and Cappy are budgeted for our existing CBAs and crew force longevity. Now there's quite a wrench thrown into that process for both companies. Not gonna help the rest of us get a pay raise in our on-going negotiations...

And nite, by your logic, we at ATI and at Cappy can negotiate your side letter out of existence since we apparently don't need to talk with your reps to do it.

I predict at best ATI will get the exact same agreement as ABX, a flow thru agreement in the event ATI (or Cappy for that mater) is furloughing. Remember ABX asked for this as we ( the pilots at ABX ) have been watching our flying being taken away and given to ATI and Cappy while flying and hiring has increased at both carriers. Giving a pilot a job in the same organization does not seem like we are asking asking to much.

Every contract I have ever been under has been implemented and enacted before hard copies were available for distribution to the masses. These occurred at both ALPA and Teamsters, so I don't find the practice of implementing contracts without having the hard copy to be an issue. It just takes time to type it into a whole document with indexes, etc. With that said, I did get a copy of the actual language but I hesitate to post it publically at this juncture. After all this is flightinfo!

My guess would be that ATI and CCI would have better luck getting the same deal in their future agreements, rather than trying to get the parent company not to abide by a signed CBA (the uphill slope is considerably steeper). Flow-thru’s have been around for a while, they are all fairly nasty in their own right. I find it odd that some think that an ABX'r hasn't 'earned' their X number of years within the ATSG umbrella. After all, we all do (or did) work for the same parent company. It's no different than the ludicrous approach of loosing your longevity when you upgrade (as some low-end companies do). At some flow-thru’s guys come into the other carrier as left-seaters (see AA/AAE), with longevity.

Regardless, I do not wish to see anything escalate to an argument level. I for one would be grateful and glad to get a job at ATI and hope that I do. Additionally, I hope that anyone who can go would be welcomed and easily fit in as part of the group. I am not aware of anyone who has already gone there (the 6 ??), since this only became effective at the beginning of this year. If anyone has gone, it's news to me!

Remember ABX asked for this as we ( the pilots at ABX ) have been watching our flying being taken away and given to ATI and Cappy while flying and hiring has increased at both carriers.

I can't speak for Cappy, but YOUR flying hasn't been displaced to US. YOUR flying went away because your ride went away. 'OUR' flying has been whittled down to only 5 BAX lines, where we had 13 when I was hired on nearly 12 years ago. Not to mention our military flying reduced to less than half over that time, and charter work is spotty at best. We hired a bunch of people most recently because of a 767 (OUR 767s - planes that were on their way to us with N76xCX tail numbers before ABX Holdings bought CHI) contract in Africa that fell through after MX and support was in place. So we laid them off and then some. They all came back after recall. I don't know why we're hiring at the moment, as we have a number of planes sitting around only to be used when another breaks. And our current fleet is half what it was when I was hired. We're not hiring for attrition - no one's gone anywhere, and there certainly hasn't been any retirements. So why we're hiring right now is a mystery. Glad to see it, though! Maybe some flying is coming our way. Either way, company's keeping mum on it. Meanwhile, Cappy rarely has a single aircraft on the ramp in TOL during the day. Where am I going with all this? Well, when my head stops spinning, I'll tell you.

If the CEO of ATSG gave the OK for your new CBA to turn the tables on our pay scale, well then maybe he's got something really special in store for the rest of us.

[COLOR=black said:
Regardless, I do not wish to see anything escalate to an argument level. I for one would be grateful and glad to get a job at ATI and hope that I do. Additionally, I hope that anyone who can go would be welcomed and easily fit in as part of the group. I am not aware of anyone who has already gone there (the 6 ??), since this only became effective at the beginning of this year. If anyone has gone, it's news to me![/COLOR]

Probably Way Too Late For That....

My guess is the ATI guys, especially the real new hires are fuming.......

I'm glad b707 guy jumped in with the truth of our flying. In the last 10 years ATI has been enjoying what I call the great fleet reduction campaign. Our schedules and lines of flying have been whittled down to a mere shadow of what it once was. If any of you ABX'ers really think we are taking your flying, pm me and I'll send you a copy of our current bid line and the most recent schedule. Then you'll see what kind of flying we are really doing.

I can't speak for Cappy, but YOUR flying hasn't been displaced to US. YOUR flying went away because your ride went away. 'OUR' flying has been whittled down to only 5 BAX lines, where we had 13 when I was hired on nearly 12 years ago. Not to mention our military flying reduced to less than half over that time, and charter work is spotty at best. We hired a bunch of people most recently because of a 767 (OUR 767s - planes that were on their way to us with N76xCX tail numbers before ABX Holdings bought CHI) contract in Africa that fell through after MX and support was in place. So we laid them off and then some. They all came back after recall. I don't know why we're hiring at the moment, as we have a number of planes sitting around only to be used when another breaks. And our current fleet is half what it was when I was hired. We're not hiring for attrition - no one's gone anywhere, and there certainly hasn't been any retirements. So why we're hiring right now is a mystery. Glad to see it, though! Maybe some flying is coming our way. Either way, company's keeping mum on it. Meanwhile, Cappy rarely has a single aircraft on the ramp in TOL during the day. Where am I going with all this? Well, when my head stops spinning, I'll tell you.

If the CEO of ATSG gave the OK for your new CBA to turn the tables on our pay scale, well then maybe he's got something really special in store for the rest of us.

I guess I am talking about the ATI 767 sitting in GUA the last few times I went thru there. As recently as 2mo's ago that charter was being flown by "our" pilots, (ABX). However you slice it that trip was ABX it is now ATI!... Riding to MSP this summer on CCI the captain said to me "you guys should be ok, I mean who is going to replace your lift"? To which I said" you are doing it right now".Prior to CCI flying to MSP I have been flying that trip on one aircraft or another for 12 years! At 70K per year and 35k for the FO not very much incentive for ATSG to keep ABX on "our" runs! This is not the fault of the ATI or the CCI pilots per sea but having lower pay scales has not helped. Again however you slice it ABX flying has gone to other carriers under the ATSG umbrella. I cannot think of any situation where the reverse can be said. (ATSG companies).

I'm glad b707 guy jumped in with the truth of our flying. In the last 10 years ATI has been enjoying what I call the great fleet reduction campaign. Our schedules and lines of flying have been whittled down to a mere shadow of what it once was. If any of you ABX'ers really think we are taking your flying, pm me and I'll send you a copy of our current bid line and the most recent schedule. Then you'll see what kind of flying we are really doing.

See previous post!

Latest resources

Back