Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nitefr8dog

Heard on the ABX 1224 hotline ATI was hiring 12 with preferential to furloughed ABX pilots with a 2 year lock. I wonder if anyone will bite?

Not sure what you are talking about.. Our "window" does not appear to be open for Pilots (We post all positions on our Company Website). We are hiring A&P's and Flight Attendants at this time.

At the current time I'm not sure why we would hire anyone from ABX or anywhere else. We have no new equipment coming (that we know of, rumors only) and a we have a glut of DC-8's and crews sitting around doing nothing

Last edited:
Not sure what you are talking about.. Our "window" does not appear to be open for Pilots (We post all positions on our Company Website). We are hiring A&P's and Flight Attendants at this time.

At the current time I'm not sure why we would hire anyone from ABX or anywhere else. We have no new equipment coming (that we know of, rumors only) and a we have a glut of DC-8's and crews sitting around doing nothing

Just repeating the 1224 hotline message, said the union was notified of hiring at ATI with preferencial given to the ABX furloughed pilots. Maybe because of the new ABX/Teamsters contract language this was "posted" thru internal means? (notice to ATSG)?.

Just repeating the 1224 hotline message, said the union was notified of hiring at ATI with preferencial given to the ABX furloughed pilots. Maybe because of the new ABX/Teamsters contract language this was "posted" thru internal means? (notice to ATSG)?.

Not that I am totally opposed to "Preferential Hiring", but I have real issues on a couple points.

1. Getting what amounts to a 12 year F/O pay scale right off the bat, as opposed to someone who has worked their butt off for years here.

2. Do the ABX guys relinquish their Teamsters affiliation, and join ALPA?

3. Do the ATI Crewmembers have a "flow through" to ABX if ABX is the company that grows?

4. Do ATI Crewmembers if that were to happen, go to ABX at your pay scale?

5. Is there a "probation period" like any new hire in case we hire a real "tool". Before you ABX guys get pissed, All companies have "Tools" you, us everyone. I like to call them the 5%'ers, the guys that $uck to fly with.

6. Is their some expectation of "preferential upgrades"?

That's it fire away.....

5. Is there a "probation period" like any new hire in case we hire a real "tool". Before you ABX guys get pissed, All companies have "Tools" you, us everyone. I like to call them the 5%'ers, the guys that $uck to fly with.

That's it fire away.....

Does that mean Graber is going to ATI?...or was it Gerdes?

Last edited:
Maybe Bill Beal will show up too. That would be a perfect storm.

Gentlemen, if any of these names show up, get up, don't alarm the other passengers, and quietly run out of the nearest exit.

Last edited:
Not that I am totally opposed to "Preferential Hiring", but I have real issues on a couple points.

1. Getting what amounts to a 12 year F/O pay scale right off the bat, as opposed to someone who has worked their butt off for years here.

2. Do the ABX guys relinquish their Teamsters affiliation, and join ALPA?

3. Do the ATI Crewmembers have a "flow through" to ABX if ABX is the company that grows?

4. Do ATI Crewmembers if that were to happen, go to ABX at your pay scale?

6. Is their some expectation of "preferential upgrades"?

That's it fire away.....

Not sure about a "flow through" ATI to ABX would have to see what your contract says, did you negotiate a provision for a flow through? If so there would probably be some language about pay and probation.

As far as the other questions I would have to do more research as this does not apply to me at this time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back