• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did ATI send out new hire employee packages to all furloughed ABX people or just to the people they intend to hire, I am very junior and got a fedex package from ATI. Just wondering if its a true job offer or a union busting technique....

Did ATI send out new hire employee packages to all furloughed ABX people or just to the people they intend to hire, I am very junior and got a fedex package from ATI. Just wondering if its a true job offer or a union busting technique....

Box,

After a pretty bad response rate to the first notification, the front office mailed out to all names on the list. Not sure how you mean this could be a union bust technique.

FAJ

Its a job offer, either reply or don't, we do not care!
We all have buddies on the street we would like to get on here at ATI but cannot until we run through your list.

No offence ment but if you think it's beneath you to take a job here at our pay and work rules... Please look elseware for work. We sure as heck don't need a bunch of whiners here pissed off because you think you got screwed by coming to ATI.

Its a job, take it or leave it!

FAJ,

Just wondering if they sent it out to junior guys (me) or it it went to everybody. I said union busting because it could cause a rift in the junior / senior ranks. You know typical ABX management crap, or as I call it "the usual".

Mr Sky,

No I do not thing working for ATI is beneath me. I got a letter of intent and was wondering how they made it down the 300 guys to me. I made no remarks about ATI, pay, benefits or any such items. I was inquiring about the letter and only the letter and the intent of filling 10 or 12 spots by sending a letter to a guy way down on the seniority list.

I am sure that any ABX pilot who comes to ATI will go gladly, knowing they will have a job. The advantage of being so far down on the ABX list is we all know the ABX dream is dead and have moved on. I hope that whomever ends up taking the position will be met with hospitality and open arms, we are all under the same screwball management team and need to remember who the true enemy is.

Pissing an moaning about items that are out of our immediate control only fosters the divide between pilot groups and I can assure you is all part of the plan.

As I understand it we offered the most senior 50 on your furlough list an oppertunity to interview. And the word from management the responce was " Dismall", so an offer was put out to all on your list. If you guys don't respond, then we can help our guys get on.

My hope is that this is one time offer, if your number is up and you pass, your done. Otherwise this BS could go on for years. As I stated before, you guys should either take the job or pass so someone who wants to be here can!

But if you come here don't bitch about how much ATI $ucks and how much better ABX was. We've been hearing the "thats not the way we did it at xxx" crap for years and no one here want's to hear it at ATI. ATI is what it is, its not AA, ABX, ASTAR, or some Barbie Jet outfit, some things will be better some won't. Most of us here are reasonably happy, and it's where we want to stay, and we plan on making the best of it as long as the ride lasts.

If your coming here with good intentions, Welcome Aboard, otherwise do us all a favor, stay on unemployment, (99 weeks here in CA) untill you get your "Dream Job" you'll make us all happy.

Ok I'm off my soap box.... fire away

Last edited:
So it sounds like the openings will not be filled by interviewing off the street?

Why did they post the job on their website...They're really afraid that in this (no)hiring environment they're not gonna get enough ABX folks to choose ATI over unemployment?

reepicheep;1968044 Why did they post the job on their website...They're really afraid that in this (no)hiring environment they're not gonna get enough ABX folks to choose ATI over unemployment?[/QUOTE said:
Aparently some of your guys think unemployment is better, who knows. The quicker we go through your list the better for everyone concerned.

There are some people here that were pretty pissed off that not only were ABX'ers given pref. Interviews but being hired at their longivety, but now the longevity thing is no longer in play I guess we'll see who really wants to be here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back