• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ati hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are some people here that were pretty pissed off that not only were ABX'ers given pref. Interviews but being hired at their longivety, but now the longevity thing is no longer in play I guess we'll see who really wants to be here.

The hiring of ABXers is a contractual thing that Joe Hete, the president of ATSG signed off on. I will say again, remember who the enemy is, it is not rank and file pilots, it is Joe and his band of merry men. Sky the sooner you realize this the safer your job will be.

As for longevity that again was signed off on by Joe. I understand your CP position is any new hires are payed at day one pay, but again Joe agreed to something different. This will be grieved, and a law suite filed, and in the end will come out in arbitration/court. I do find it odd that fellow pilots under one scumbag parent company would not want some type of flow through or job protection (remember cappi is lower paid than ATI) to fall back on. Anger at fellow pilots is not the answer, anger at the management group that put us all here is.

The hiring of ABXers is a contractual thing that Joe Hete, the president of ATSG signed off on. I will say again, remember who the enemy is, it is not rank and file pilots, it is Joe and his band of merry men. Sky the sooner you realize this the safer your job will be.

As for longevity that again was signed off on by Joe. I understand your CP position is any new hires are payed at day one pay, but again Joe agreed to something different. This will be grieved, and a law suite filed, and in the end will come out in arbitration/court. I do find it odd that fellow pilots under one scumbag parent company would not want some type of flow through or job protection (remember cappi is lower paid than ATI) to fall back on. Anger at fellow pilots is not the answer, anger at the management group that put us all here is.

Your right about one thing, grievances will be filed by everyone under 12 years seniority on our side if that happens. It will end up in arbitration for years.

Box, you need to listen to your own advice and remember who your enemy is. From everything you posted it sounds like your fight is with Joe and your contract.

And it's not just our CP's position. Everyone on our property is against this. It is unresonable to try and hamstring another companies hiring practices. But to try and force said company to pay you at your previous longivity rate is a smack in the face to all at ATI. You must see that. Don't you??

Yes the plan is coming together. So why be a willing tool of it.

FAJ

FAJ,

I doubt you speak for all the ATI pilots seeing how you have been one for a very short time. Now if Sky were to say that, I would take it with a little more consideration. None the less I highly doubt all the pilots are against job protections that allow them to go from one sister company to another under the ATSG umbrella without a loss of pay or benefits.

How is it a "smack" at any ATI pilot if I am able to keep my pay / benefits while flying for the same scumbag managers. How do I "harm" any other pilot at ATI, my schedule is no better, I cannot out bid anyone, my weeks of vacation might be longer but I will only get them when other senior people dont want theirs.

Yes I do have a problem with our management team, and I am sure you will to once they start in on ATI. Remember CCI is way lower in pay than both of the other airlines. It would not take a huge leap of faith to see all flying going to them and would it not be nice to know that while you are looking for a better job you could at least make some money and stay current flying for them without a loss of years of service to ATI or ABX.

P.S. Look who is now the D.O./VP at CCI, an ABX chief pilot. Coincidence...... I think not, this debacle is long from over.

Last edited:
Box-Hauler, Do you think the contract that you folks negotiated with Hete overrides ATI's CBA? Coming in with longevity for pay and benefits clearly conflicts with our CBA. Also, introducing a lot of people with a lot of longevity while we're in the midst of negotiations will make it more difficult to get the deserved pay increases for the folks that have actually been working at ATI.

Hopefully Hete will just pay you guys the difference out of ATSG's budget.

I personally welcome any ABX folks that choose to join us, but they need to remember that its ATI, not ABX. We pretty much like the place the way it is.

FAJ,

How is it a "smack" at any ATI pilot if I am able to keep my pay / benefits while flying for the same scumbag managers. How do I "harm" any other pilot at ATI, my schedule is no better, I cannot out bid anyone, my weeks of vacation might be longer but I will only get them when other senior people dont want theirs.

If you're being paid above and beyond your longevity status at ATI then you're getting money from the same pot we are negotiating for. The result is a lessor contract for the rest of ATI while you're getting your inflated pay check at our expense. If you can't see how this would torque off anyone at any airline then there is nothing I can say but good luck with the grievance.

By the way, who exactly are you grieving against. We are not a party to your contract nor were we consulted during negotiations to the side letter. Your fight is with Joe. And like I said, good luck with that.

And I would add to l8fr82hub's comment about the money difference that it should come out of ABX's budget if it has to come from somewhere.

FAJ

"l8fr82hub's" has a fair point about the pay coming from ATI, but again it is all under the ATSG umbrella / budget. I do believe ATSG should make up the budget shortfall for those said pilots, but since we are only talking about 10 or 12 pilots, the argument of them costing the rest of ATI pilots a pay raise is really not valid. If that were a valid point you could use those 10 or 12 guys as a floor or a jumping off point for your starting pay for negotiation. Isn't there a saying about a rising tide lifting all boats.

I noticed you did not respond to the point of being able to carry years of service to other sister airlines. This is a great step forward in the aviation world. Just think if all 3 airlines had this. Joe has agreed to it once so a precedence has been set. Personally I would prefer one seniority list but that is a discussion for another thread, and both unions would have a cow over who gets the dues (isn't funny, its always about money).

"l8fr82hub's" has a fair point about the pay coming from ATI, but again it is all under the ATSG umbrella / budget. I do believe ATSG should make up the budget shortfall for those said pilots, but since we are only talking about 10 or 12 pilots, the argument of them costing the rest of ATI pilots a pay raise is really not valid. If that were a valid point you could use those 10 or 12 guys as a floor or a jumping off point for your starting pay for negotiation. Isn't there a saying about a rising tide lifting all boats.

I noticed you did not respond to the point of being able to carry years of service to other sister airlines. This is a great step forward in the aviation world. Just think if all 3 airlines had this. Joe has agreed to it once so a precedence has been set. Personally I would prefer one seniority list but that is a discussion for another thread, and both unions would have a cow over who gets the dues (isn't funny, its always about money).

Sorry. My position is it is not my wish to negotiate for such a fools errand if it would cost as much as a ABX poster eluded to in another post. It may be a great step in the aviation world. But I resent being stepped on to make it happen especially when my union had no say in it whatsoever.

And as for who should pay for this if it should come to pass? It should come out of ABX's budget since this is a provision in a CBA between the pilots of ABX and ABX Mgt. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned if ATI is being forced to hire ABX pilots because of a rule in an ABX contract, then their entire salary should be paid by ABX.

FAJ

Last edited:
10-12 pilots added to a group of only about 150 pilots is not an insignificant increase. More classes will likely follow increasing the net effect of increased crew costs. As far as using said pay rates to increase our pay I would say that we could use is to increase our pay to a point that the ACMI market will not bear, but then we'd be in the same unemployment line as you guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back