• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA VP FLT OPs tries to scare the pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't dangle a carrot, there's nothing to take away. This is not a surprise to me. I still want to see hard numbers on how we are not cost effective. Our mechanics and FA's make less than Skywest, yet we are not cost effective.... I keep hearing it, prove it please.

Trojan

Last edited:
79%N1 said:
Well, to be devils advocate......IF what Tutt says is true, ASA is going to fuc%ing suck a$$ to work at! Junior Captains will go back to FO, Senior FO's will NEVER upgrade, and Junior FO's will be furloughed! Don't forget, the ATR's will be gone next year, and 13 or more 700's and one base closure! Not what I signed up for, thats for sure. I'm not sure why we think they won't do this. Calling their bluff is walking on really thin ice! Why won't they give the 900's to Skywest??? THEY FLY THEM FOR 50 SEAT RATES!!!!!! I'm not saying we should, at ASA.....but, ALPA is definitely asking for too much! Read the open sections email. We need to prioritize. If keeping 700 pay is priority number 1, then lets drop rigs and a funded retirement. Lets drop the 50 seater increases a bit. If rigs is the #1 issue, then lets come down on 70 seat pay. I'm all about getting whats fair, and I aint no management kool-aid drinker, however, I just don't see us being almost 25% higher in pay on the 700 than industry average, which is about what ALPA is asking for, and keeping those planes. If you think we will, you don't understand todays Regional Lift Provider environment! Who decided this? I was never 'polled' on what I think 700 pay should be. Lets get back in there, and compromise and come to an agreement so we dont go the way of ACA/Indy Air.
I'm with you on this one. Every other airline is facing pay cuts and ALPA is asking for a 17% raise over the next three years for the entire pilot group. PLus other $$. Lets be conservative and say that the average pilot here makes 60K. A 17% increase across the board is about $19m. That comes out of the whopping $41m profit. Regardless of what our DCA says, that is not good business. We run on small profit margins and cutting those in half is pretty stupid. Time for ALPA to get their collective head out of their A$$ and be REASONABLE. Pay cuts are not reasonable either but they are a hell of a lot closer that ALPA.

Last edited:
The fractionals just got a whole lot more appealing!

goahead said:
Once again I pay for FLICA and don't want that BS on my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No... you pay for the option to get FLiCA at home. It's free on the company computers at work. You're just paying for home access.

Okay so you are all going to strike over five dollars an hour? that's all i see is the money side and you think that the company is going to use false info on our SPP and profit sharing well guess what they can't, Skywest is public company and you, yes you, have access to all their financial records. So ALPA give us a contract to vote on and we'll decide what we are worth. At the end of the day this is a business and for us to keep operating we have to get growth. Just like any other airline in the world if your not growing then your dieing. And no I do not sleep with the CT and BL. I could give two sh_ts about those two but I do want more growth.

Everyone Needs To Take That Letter, Either Print It When You Get To Work If There Is Not One In Your Box, And Write

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

ON IT AND SHOVE IT IN THE CP'S BOX ON TOP OF THE FILE CABINETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL BE DOING IT TONIGHT WHEN I GET INTO THE LOUNGE.

Last edited:
Either prove what they are saying by publishing the numbers or let the chips fall where they may.

It's a scare tactic by MGT. BL and CT will be fired before we start fuloughing. Do you honestly think JL will spare these two if finances dictate massive cuts of personnel?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back