• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA VP FLT OPs tries to scare the pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, your guys' management is using the exact same BS scare tactics as the evildoer-senior managers at Mesaba. Don't believe it and don't fall for it. It is nothing but an attept to manipulate you with fear.

Last edited:
Once again I pay for FLICA and don't want that BS on my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all knew those 705/900's were going to be used for leverage. I don't believe for second that all of a sudden Skywest, Inc. decided ASA was no longer going to fly those aircraft.
This is crap, SKYWEST, Inc. do what you want but I will not give in to YOUR THREATS AND UNJUST DEMANDS! You want to save money and be competitive - GET RID OF ASA MANAGEMENT!!!

Hey Chuck, in case you didn't get the memo we've been driving and flying around ATL for the past 4 YEARS... ASA PILOTS WILL NOT RACE TO THE BOTTOM.

We don't care anymore what happens to the company, there's plenty of jobs out there so if this one goes away we'll probably be unemployed for a shorter time than the management that drove us out of business.

ASA isn't a bad place to be right now, but with a concessionary contract it won't be worth coming to work.

This is the oldest trick in the book. Frank Lareanzo must be advising JA over at Skywest.

Folks, this is what every management team has done during contract negotiations, especially the endgame.

Nothing is new here. We have to just ignore this and know that business decisions are not made by pilots.

I'd like to see what the difference is per year between what the pilot's are asking for and what the company is asking for. Does anyone have access to that info?

Let's really break it down into what it is. Then we can all decide if the pilots should pay for it or if the company could save that amount with the pilot's help.

For example, for every mile 'early' (early is defined as 'by the book...POH')that I call flaps 8, the company eats about $4 in fuel (do the math, you'd be surprised). I know ASA doesn't eat it, Delta does. But if ASA saved that amount of fuel, when Delta comes calling for more savings in the way of their DCI contract, ASA would be in a better position to handle that. Here I've been waiting for the flaps 8 and flaps 20 calls until final to accomodate the interest of the passengers and company (and myself), I guess it's time to go by the book.

That'll be at least 10 miles earlier than I've been doing it. Just think, by 'not helping', I'll cost the company an additional $40, just on final. Imagine what I could do if I was content and felt that my management worked with me to run the best airline we could...

Well, to be devils advocate......IF what Tutt says is true, ASA is going to fuc%ing suck a$$ to work at! Junior Captains will go back to FO, Senior FO's will NEVER upgrade, and Junior FO's will be furloughed! Don't forget, the ATR's will be gone next year, and 13 or more 700's and one base closure! Not what I signed up for, thats for sure. I'm not sure why we think they won't do this. Calling their bluff is walking on really thin ice! Why won't they give the 900's to Skywest??? THEY FLY THEM FOR 50 SEAT RATES!!!!!! I'm not saying we should, at ASA.....but, ALPA is definitely asking for too much! Read the open sections email. We need to prioritize. If keeping 700 pay is priority number 1, then lets drop rigs and a funded retirement. Lets drop the 50 seater increases a bit. If rigs is the #1 issue, then lets come down on 70 seat pay. I'm all about getting whats fair, and I aint no management kool-aid drinker, however, I just don't see us being almost 25% higher in pay on the 700 than industry average, which is about what ALPA is asking for, and keeping those planes. If you think we will, you don't understand todays Regional Lift Provider environment! Who decided this? I was never 'polled' on what I think 700 pay should be. Lets get back in there, and compromise and come to an agreement so we dont go the way of ACA/Indy Air.

And now maybe the shi--zzs calling in on opps all the time will see the light.
Sit there, be happy. No apu, no fly.

E120ASA said:
And now maybe the shi--zzs calling in on opps all the time will see the light.
Sit there, be happy. No apu, no fly.

Riiiiight e120! I'm sure you'll just be sitting tight on ramp 4 when you are on your last leg to the overnight, on a reduced rest 8 1/2 overnight with a 30 min ride to the hotel both ways. I want to get done with my day sometimes, and get a meal and some sleep rather than sit around while the rejects in ATL sit around with their thumbs up their rears.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back