• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PS I as very junior until a month ago and now I'm very senior. My vote was yes given both situations.

Wrong. We all win with PBS. We get the luxury of keeping our jobs, and proving to Jerry that we are willing to play ball. Management gets to bid for more work since we look more competitive.

WE would have been the only losers if we had voted this down. Jerry would just use that as proof that we aren't a good group of pilots to keep around, and shrink us one by one.
So by this logic we better give the company anything they want when they ask or Jerry will shrink us and we will all be out of a job? Not just sheep but stupid sheep!!!

The company saves money w/ PBS if they didn't then why push for it and why would most every other carrier both maojr and regional have it?

We make vast improvements to our monthly QOL by having greater ctrl over our skds. Maybe you don't care about QOL but most of us do. As others have tried to explain to you PBS was able to be negotiated rather than rammed down our throat. This is key as we were abe to pick our vendor and get better options in contract language.

The problems that come up we can work on during open book.

If you actually think we are making "vast improvements to our QOL and skds" as you assert, please save this post. Get back to me by this fall, and we will once again compare notes.

-There is no way any improvement to QOL or skds is going to come from any PBS vendor or program. If they put crappy tips into PBS (as they surely will,) we will only get crappy trips out the other side.

-To assume this is any type of "improvement" is as insane as believing our travel benefits and ESOP programs were actually "enhanced" somehow.

Last edited:
Yep-

As if we needed more proof how dumb our group has become. There are no winners with this PBS agreement.

(I think this poor soul lost the coin toss concerning whether or not to be struck repeatedly in the head with a framing hammer.)

-It has "worked for centuries."

Prove me wrong smart guy.

So by this logic we better give the company anything they want when they ask or Jerry will shrink us and we will all be out of a job? Not just sheep but stupid sheep!!!

No. The logic goes that if the company wants something, we negotiate to get what we can. When the pilot group wants something, the company negotiates to get what it wants out of the deal.

Where are you that you think that everything will be fine and we can ask for and get anything? The you have the audacity to start in with the sheep comments simply because people don't agree with your highly valued opinion?

Just wow.....

No. The logic goes that if the company wants something, we negotiate to get what we can. When the pilot group wants something, the company negotiates to get what it wants out of the deal.

Where are you that you think that everything will be fine and we can ask for and get anything? The you have the audacity to start in with the sheep comments simply because people don't agree with your highly valued opinion?

Just wow.....

Where is the discussion from SH and those in the puzzle palace about cost metrics? During our contract negotiations, we were told we had to meet x cost by y year, correct? Our union was so d*mn concerned about spewing all the gee whiz features of this software system to the pilot group, that in my mind, didn't address the real issue: What does this do for us financially (as a pilot group AND company financials) to make us a viable feed partner???

Where would our current number take us if we voted no, and where would they be anticipated with any anticipated future "growth." PBS will only work if we get growth....NT says growth is virtually certain with the passage of PBS.....I hope he's right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back