• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it works well is to be determined. Let's just see how many loopholes they left open for management to play with. But hey, it can't be worse than the 2007 language, can it?

If it works well is to be determined. Let's just see how many loopholes they left open for management to play with. But hey, it can't be worse than the 2007 language, can it?

How many other airlines have you worked for even looked at their work rules and QOL? Go do some research and let me know how bad ASA really sucks. All you really think you know is what you've heard from the crew room agitators which amounts to rumor and distortion and if you are relying on that to make your determination, you're in for a miserable career where ever you end up.

Last edited:
If it works well is to be determined. Let's just see how many loopholes they left open for management to play with.

This is why our work as a pilot group is just beginning. We must communicate w/ our union reps any "loopholes" that we find so they can negotiate to get them fixed during open book.

Great News! Now we have something to work with when we get to contract negotiations.

I like pbs, but the line you gave is complete ALPA junk, the company was not and will not be able to force pbs in contract neg. what ever they do wrong now may get fixed in the neg. but there are billions of ways to manipulate pbs, so what ever you guys fix will just screw you another way. But hey say good bye to long vacations I have had 15 days off for each of the last 6 months, yet next month I have vacation and will not get more. PBS will let you bid days the way you want them but don't think it will care. Congrats on using the ALPA line, take it in the a$$ now and fix it it later, unfortunately once you stretch the bung hole it don't like to go back.

At least it isn't AOS. My bet is you will hate it right after your first vacation at 3.75hrs each and every day of vacation. If you don't get an adjusted accrual rate for vac and sick, you didn't just push the junior guys under the bus, you dove in after them. Pilots just haven't figured out the basic concept if management wants it, you will most likely hate it. With no transparency and management holding the passwords to running the operation, you will hate it. The big question is how long for the first ASA piss'd off post, my bet is one bid period.
PBR

At least it isn't AOS. My bet is you will hate it right after your first vacation at 3.75hrs each and every day of vacation. If you don't get an adjusted accrual rate for vac and sick, you didn't just push the junior guys under the bus, you dove in after them. Pilots just haven't figured out the basic concept if management wants it, you will most likely hate it. With no transparency and management holding the passwords to running the operation, you will hate it. The big question is how long for the first ASA piss'd off post, my bet is one bid period.
PBR

This system will be installed at SkyWest almost immediately. Pretty much as soon as their (flightline) done programming our Contract into it, you will have it. There's two options for Vacation. One to fly as much as you can and make $$ or to maximize day off. It's a nice system. There will be some fixing to do, but overall this system is industry leading. You'll like it better than AOS.

Trojan

PBR

PBR, give it a rest. Unlike SkyWest pilots and those who had it forced on the in BK, we were able to decide what sort of system we have and how it is administered. Instead of the huge savings the company could have realized, we got some of it back and took a considerable amount of control over own destiny on this. One of biggest trump cards equates to mutal agreement on bid run solutions. How many other groups have it? None.

PBR, give it a rest. Unlike SkyWest pilots and those who had it forced on the in BK, we were able to decide what sort of system we have and how it is administered. Instead of the huge savings the company could have realized, we got some of it back and took a considerable amount of control over own destiny on this. One of biggest trump cards equates to mutal agreement on bid run solutions. How many other groups have it? None.

Yeah-

If you think any "mutual agreement on bid runs" which actually results in a coin toss deciding the issue is going to be good, you need to go play in traffic.

-This is the silliest solution to any disagreement I have ever seen-and it is in the agreement. Tossing freaking coins!!! No kidding!

(How many other groups have this: Answer is NONE-Because it its completely silly and solves absolutely nothing!!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back