• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! I guess I got put in my place by the flame baiter.

Okay, how in the hell do we get language like that if we don't agree to work together on an issue. You think the company will just give up complete control? There is another safety valve there that includes arbitration. Get over yourself.

Spineless sheep, I can't wait for the responses when the 2x4 against the head realization sets in. I think you guys should go for broke and in the next contract give the company dual qual, no 401k match and a ten percent pay cut or whatever it takes to make us the most competitive regional out there.

Yeah-

If you think any "mutual agreement on bid runs" which actually results in a coin toss deciding the issue is going to be good, you need to go play in traffic.

-This is the silliest solution to any disagreement I have ever seen-and it is in the agreement. Tossing freaking coins!!! No kidding!

(How many other groups have this: Answer is NONE-Because it its completely silly and solves absolutely nothing!!)

Coin toss is only after sever attempts at an agreement and finally not coming to one. And the coin toss is only to see who goes first at eliminating solutions. It doesn't decide anything. What is more of a fate driven 50/50 chance? Has worked for centuries.

Coin toss is only after sever attempts at an agreement and finally not coming to one. And the coin toss is only to see who goes first at eliminating solutions. It doesn't decide anything. What is more of a fate driven 50/50 chance? Has worked for centuries.

Yep-

As if we needed more proof how dumb our group has become. There are no winners with this PBS agreement.

(I think this poor soul lost the coin toss concerning whether or not to be struck repeatedly in the head with a framing hammer.)

-It has "worked for centuries."

Last edited:
Yep-

As if we needed more proof how dumb our group has become. There are no winners with this PBS agreement.

(I think this poor soul lost the coin toss concerning whether or not to be struck repeatedly in the head with a framing hammer.)

You got a better idea?

Yep-

Wrong. We all win with PBS. We get the luxury of keeping our jobs, and proving to Jerry that we are willing to play ball. Management gets to bid for more work since we look more competitive.

WE would have been the only losers if we had voted this down. Jerry would just use that as proof that we aren't a good group of pilots to keep around, and shrink us one by one.

Yep-

The company saves money w/ PBS if they didn't then why push for it and why would most every other carrier both maojr and regional have it?

We make vast improvements to our monthly QOL by having greater ctrl over our skds. Maybe you don't care about QOL but most of us do. As others have tried to explain to you PBS was able to be negotiated rather than rammed down our throat. This is key as we were abe to pick our vendor and get better options in contract language.

The problems that come up we can work on during open book.

I just hope we can keep Uncle Rico. His mustache is fantastic. It whispers pro-pilot suggestions and delicious recipes into his ear while he is asleep. It's too bad his mustache doesn't blog the recipes.

Last edited:
The company saves money w/ PBS if they didn't then why push for it and why would most every other carrier both maojr and regional have it?

We make vast improvements to our monthly QOL by having greater ctrl over our skds. Maybe you don't care about QOL but most of us do. As others have tried to explain to you PBS was able to be negotiated rather than rammed down our throat. This is key as we were abe to pick our vendor and get better options in contract language.

The problems that come up we can work on during open book.

The lifers are opposed to any change, good or bad. Just get used to it.

If we didn't get it now we would get it via mediation/arbitration and it would've been a much worse product.

As far as vacation, we'll be able to maximize vacation and still get guarantee, sacrifice some guarantee for more vacation or build out to maximize pay. We have very little flexibility now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back