• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not thrilled with the idea of dual qual, but I think it can be done safely, and fairly to the pilot group. I think that enacting dual qual for the entire pilot group would be an enormously expensive and time consuming project for ASA, no matter how it would be implemented. I am not in favor of the pilot group having to bear one single cent of the cost for the training and scheduling nightmares that would come with dual qual.

To advocate any reduction in company match in 401k is simply ignorance.
It's sarcasm.... read it again.

Or in our case, the pairings can be so bad(barely at minimum daily guarantee), that it will schedule you for 6 days in a row just to get you to 81 hours for the month...

Yep-

Almost everyone has overlooked this higly likely scenario.

-We just gave it all away-and so few are smart enough to understand it.

Cry Cry it's the end of the world no matter what happens, how about you wait and see what happens. Damn you guys are the biggest group of bitches I've ever heard. The problem is that most have never had a real job in their life and they think the regionals should cater to their every need. If you're being treated so bad then quit and go work for someone else, it is what it is and your bitching will never change it. Try and focus on life outside of work, now let it rip

With all the negativity about PBS here I would've thought that there would be more people getting their names on the "PBS will suck and I'm reserving an I TOLD YOU SO for future use" thread over on the ALPA board...

Cry Cry it's the end of the world no matter what happens, how about you wait and see what happens. Damn you guys are the biggest group of bitches I've ever heard. The problem is that most have never had a real job in their life and they think the regionals should cater to their every need. If you're being treated so bad then quit and go work for someone else, it is what it is and your bitching will never change it. Try and focus on life outside of work, now let it rip

Excellent synopsis. ASA pilots have arguably the best contract in the fee for departure segment yet carry one as though they have it worse than everyone else. The complainers that generally go overboard seem to have only ASA as their sole experience in the real world. Let them all go get some perspective elsewhere and come back and see how bad it really is. I got news you little crying candy a$$es, it ain't that bad.

Excellent synopsis. ASA pilots have arguably the best contract in the fee for departure segment yet carry one as though they have it worse than everyone else. The complainers that generally go overboard seem to have only ASA as their sole experience in the real world. Let them all go get some perspective elsewhere and come back and see how bad it really is. I got news you little crying candy a$$es, it ain't that bad.

That's true. Anybody who's worked at more than one airline knows that while ASA has its faults, it's much better than average.

Even this PBS can make some pilots work 6 in a row if the bidder does not learn the system and place a proper bid.
[snip]

While this is true, the system can also make you work five or six days in a row if there is nothing but low credit trips left to choose from by the time it is your turn. Lamentably, there is no language to requiring the Company to build efficient pairings. Given the Company's love for 30 hour overnights, junior guys that want TLV plus some should expect to work more than four in a row.

I never thought I would find something positive to say about integration, but at least you could only work 6 in a row at the beginning of the month.

If a bidder gets a 6 day sequence, the blame would squarely lie on the bidder and his improper or lack of bidding.
[snip]
Not true. Again, if there is nothing left but low credit trips when your turn comes around, even a thoroughly commanding knowledge of the system, software, and loopholes can't save you from 6 day trips built of low credit pairings.

With all the negativity about PBS here I would've thought that there would be more people getting their names on the "PBS will suck and I'm reserving an I TOLD YOU SO for future use" thread over on the ALPA board...
I thought most of the members that posted on the ALPA board were pro-PBS. Only 196 folks voted against it, which isn't that many, honestly. I'm curious how many of those railing against it really voted against it.

[snip]...while ASA has its faults, it's much better than average.
This is amazingly true, and something that needs to be remembered. ASA, overall, is a good place to work. I like the crews, and I like the flying. I like the "whoever dat callin' Atlanta no change" culture that is unique to the ASA experience. For all its faults, ASA is still a great place to work, particularly compared to other regional carriers.

Look, the PBS genie is out of the bottle. It is likely never going away. The People have spoken, for better or worse. For all you pro-PBS types, take your victory without malice. Nay voters, accept the defeat gracefully. PBS is here. There is no point belaboring the issue, particularly as we head into the long winter of negotiation. This is an exceptionally good time to work towards a unified pilot group. PBS specifically, and the Union's handing of it, have proven to be surprisingly emotional issues. Both sides need to make amends and peace as the Company has us in disadvantageous position: divided.

Last edited:
I'm not thrilled with the idea of dual qual, but I think it can be done safely, and fairly to the pilot group. I think that enacting dual qual for the entire pilot group would be an enormously expensive and time consuming project for ASA, no matter how it would be implemented. I am not in favor of the pilot group having to bear one single cent of the cost for the training and scheduling nightmares that would come with dual qual.

To advocate any reduction in company match in 401k is simply ignorance.

Wow, you are dumb. It was called sarcasm

The bachelor guy best explains the ASA group

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back