• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airbus Dan.......the reason why all of the new hires AND the line-pilots here make it sound like Frontier is a great place to be--------because it is....lol

Keep the faith and keep updating........

Their business plan is rock solid and the fact that they don't say "we are hiring 700 hundred this year" is because of controlled smart growth. Although it seems like it takes forever to get a call.......take comfort in the fact that when you ARE interviewed and you ARE hired...the security of no mass furloughs and a great company is behind you. Hope that helps.......

AirbusDan said:
I have some questions for anyone that has the answer.
What kind of trips does Frontier have - Day, 2, 3, 4-day trips?
All of the above.
What kind of trips do they do the most?
As a reserve, you will mostly get the trash that the line holders drop or call in sick for. SLC/DFW/LAS/OMA/etc.... turns are very common. The good trip on reserve only come when we get a sick call for a good 3/4 day and even then the line holder is likely to call in well after the first day. You can also agressively bid your reserve trips the day before your next reserve day. There are some rules to it, but not too restrictive.
How many days off per month on a Reserve schedule?
Usually 11-12 depending on 30 or 31 day bid period. You will have no more than 19 reserve shifts in a month.
Do they have airport standby / ready reserve?
No ready reserve. just a home callout of no less than 2 hours.

D.S.

The reserve rules IMHO are very pilot friendly. I think even the guys on here that sat reserve for nearly two years would agree with that.

Last edited:
Atlanta Vicks, when you say "trash" that line holdes drop such as SLC, do you mean because it's so "close" geographically (short flight) and they call you in just to do that? If that's it, know what you mean, I'd prefer to fly more than that too, but that's ok with me. I lived local to IAD, like I plan to do WHEN (I hope, really, really hope) I get the call, so I didn't mind. Sure, your life's not as predictable, but hey, if they only need you for one trip like that, and the total duty is <4 hrs, traditional jobs have you in the office 8-9 hours a day. More time for the family.

Is that why people dislike those cities or is there some other reason?

In any case, thanks for the info, there are so many positive posts about Frontier, I sure hope I get called.

As someone who spent a fair amount of time on RSV I would agree that it's not a bad gig. The major downside is the inability to fly any overtime. You do get the occasional and sometimes more than occasional JA call but otherwise you just get paid your 75 hrs a month. The trash AV was referring to usually amounts to short turns on the end of a trip that the line holders drop but more often it's the short trip (slc, oma...) with a 20 hr layover.

AirbusDan said:
Atlanta Vicks, when you say "trash" that line holdes drop such as SLC, do you mean because it's so "close" geographically (short flight) and they call you in just to do that? If that's it, know what you mean, I'd prefer to fly more than that too, but that's ok with me. I lived local to IAD, like I plan to do WHEN (I hope, really, really hope) I get the call, so I didn't mind. Sure, your life's not as predictable, but hey, if they only need you for one trip like that, and the total duty is <4 hrs, traditional jobs have you in the office 8-9 hours a day. More time for the family.

Is that why people dislike those cities or is there some other reason?

In any case, thanks for the info, there are so many positive posts about Frontier, I sure hope I get called.

Maybe "trash" was a little too harsh. Let's call them the "less desirable trips". SLC, OMA, and ABQ turns are all under 3 hours of block/credit time and are frequently dropped. They mostly are on the beginning or the end of multi-day trips. They usually have a very early show (0600) or end late in the day. These cities are also built with long layovers occasionally and are dropped as well. There will be a lot of days when that is all you do. I will say though that it comes down to the luck of the draw depending on what we have to cover vs. where you fall on the list at.

Did reserve for 21 months at F9.

It was better than being a year 5 captain at a frac (at least the one I worked for :D).

Jetsi

Latest resources

Back