• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright everyone, this is it...no more posting before the big day. The time has come for me to do what i can to get the job. The excitement is turned way up, along with the butterflies. I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow when i get home...hopefully the snow will hold off so that i can at least get home tomorrow, we are supposed to get upwards of 10" tomorrow afternoon and evening.

WOOHOO!!!! It's finally my turn!!!!

:D :D

Hey starchkr, I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. You're really going to be impressed, as I'm sure they will be with you. I look forward to your next post being the one about getting picked up - this place is world class! I'll be in the G.O. tomorrow afternoon so maybe I'll get to meet you. Again, all the best - have fun and show them how bad you want to be on board there!

M3

HawkerDOG said:
TOGA, glad to hear you got it. Some were even told they did not have enough enthusiasm. I too thought all of us had a great chance and were awsome candidates. Forget the "Silver Bullets" they don't help except to get you in the door. I was asked who I knew but I still didn't get the job. I think F9 left alot of great talent and personality on the table. Shame, Shame...

Shame, Shame?

How to interview. Arrive early it's important to find a good bar especially considering Denver's traffic. I recommend the Capitol on Quebec. They search you at the door for weapons and issue you one if your not carrying. Close the place down and then head downtown where they keep better hours. If during the interview they ask any silly questions such as, "What would you do if the other pilot showed up obviously under the influence". The correct answer is, ask him what he's drinking, and if he has any left. Or, "What would you do if the other pilot showed up just 5 minutes prior to push"? Correct answer, "What the heck, if he beats me,,,, he beats me". Emphasize that you completed the drug re-hab course and have only a few outstanding warrants, hopefully in no state the company serves. Demonstrate your physical ability, despite that botched sex change operation and incipient narcolepsy. It dosen't hurt to explain that you really wanted to work at a major but your settleing for a LCC. Ask for a large salery, or a much lower salery if the company will pick up your bartab. This shows willingness to compromise. Last, dress code, Goodwill has plenty of good suits at very reasonable prices and a man shouldn't give up on a set of duds just becauce they get a little age and wear on them. Follow these simple rules and your garunteed to stand out in the crowd and draw attention.

maru657 said:
It dosen't hurt to explain that you really wanted to work at a major but your settleing for a LCC.

LOL, thought most of the post was funny.

But why would I want to take a low paying job at a major when I can make good money at F9? Not to mention an upgrade that will happen within two decades.

Jetsi

PS Not taking the bait, just having a little fun along with Maru657.

maru657 said:
Demonstrate your physical ability, despite that botched sex change operation and incipient narcolepsy.

I feel a lawsuit coming - that information was strictly between me and the doctor.

Starchkr,

How did it go? Got a good feeling? When are they going to let you guys know?

Best of luck to all that interviewed today. Now come on over here and get in the seniority line behind me :D.

Jetsi

Everyone...it was AMAZING!!!! What a great group of guys/gals. I couldn't be more happy with my choice of airlines to want to work for. Everyone was top notch, and as everyone has said, they really do try to put you at ease in such a high stress situation. I don't know if i can thank everyone by name (at the interview) on this public forum, so i will just offer my greatest thanks and say that i hope i at least met your expectations...you guys definately met mine.

Jetsi... I feel i did pretty well, of course i feel there may be some things i could have done better on, but then i guess only time will tell.

We should hear by the end of the week...I will be impatiently waiting for the phone to ring, and hopefully it will be GREAT news!

AWESOME place, and AWESOME people!!! I don't think i can stress that enough!! I am very pleased and thankful to have been given this opportunity.

Forgive me for using a United commercial for this thread, but I thought it summed up what I was going through pretty well when I did my interview. It's the silent sketch cartoon about a young man going in for an interview and on the elevator up he realized he had mis-matched shoes on and freaked out. Did his best in the interview then afterwards he was walking down the street all sad and disappointed because he didn't think he did so well. Then got 'the' phone call and jumped for joy because he got the job. That was exactly my emotions during the whole thing (although I did have matching shoes). It was very difficult afterward waiting for the call of 'yea' or 'nea'. I'd say that's probably the hardest part of the whole thing.

Hopefully your situation has you jumping for joy shortly, Starchkr. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back