Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shrek said:
Now just to get that call.........hopefully SOON..........

I wish y'all the best with your dream job..............and congrats to Starchkr as well. You definitely earned it :) To have a great job at an airline with Frontier's culture AND be able to live in Denver to boot----now THAT is a trifecta.......

Couldn't agree with you more, especially that last part!

To those who just got the call, congratulations! StarChkr, as far as I know, you're the first without internal rec's. That's not to say there aren't others, I just haven't heard of 'em. Don't worry about the 'standard blue suit/red tie' thing. My 10 year old green one apparently worked just fine (although I swear it shrank around the middle). HawkerDOG, I'm sorry to hear the news. I can't believe that only eight of us made it! As for the suit, at least your wife won't be calling the What Not to Wear producers, right? It was great to meet you, best of luck in your future endeavors. The main reason I'm surprised that only eight of the 14 of us made it is that I genuinely liked all 13 of my fellow interviewees. So, it's not entirely personality-based, to be sure. To those who are hoping for the call (in particular my fellow ERJ driver who's screenname I can't remember), keep updating . . . lots more hiring coming. Our class (Jan. 3) will be the first 14 of 100 within the first nine months of '06. This after a one year hiring freeze and only about 40 between September and tomorrow's class. The time's definitely right. I can't believe I'm finally going back to the mountains!!

Starchkr, I wouldn't worry about not having any outside recs. I had 2 internal and no external recs. I think they are used to get your foot in the door and once you are at the interview, the recs dont have much weight anymore (this is my opinion, btw, not anything official I have heard). They hire you based on you at that point. Congrats on the interview and good luck!

T-22:22 and counting...

Now the butterflies are in full force, and sleep is very difficult to come by. My wife laughs at me and says that i will do just fine and that i am worrying too much...I almost believe her, but i can't help it or get it to stop. So much to do today to get ready, i feel so overwhelmed with studying and preparing all my paperwork for tomorrow. BUT!!!!!....it's all ok because i finally got my shot after all this time!!!:D

Thanks for the replies about the suit and the recs. Well, i better not spend too much time on here today, like i said before, i have a lot of things to do to get ready for tomorrow.

Starchkr

Check your pm's before you go...

Toob

What are the chances?

I too, would love to work at Frontier and get back to the part of the country I used to call home. I like the corporate culture and enjoy travelling on their airline as a passenger. I've been impressed with the crews when jumpseating also.

I first applied online about two years ago, and have updated with them around every six months, but no calls from HR. I even Fed-Ex -ed the VP of H.R. a resume and cover letter last year to no avail.

Stats:
6100+ TT
3500 Turbine -mostly part 121
2400 PIC
800 PIC Turbine
No accidents/incidents/violations

How competitive is this compared to most new hires at Frontier? Am I just doomed without knowing anybody there? Or could it be no call because I am doing the "one airline only" option (the free one) with the online service and didn't pony up the credit card for multiple airlines?

Any thoughts on other ways to get the foot in the door without knowing anyone there?

THANKS!

I don't know much about the rest of their times, but most people in the Dec. 1 interview only had 3500-4500 TT. So I would think you were competitive.

People I know that have interviewed have done the free airlineapps one airline without any problems, so you don't need to pay them any money. Especially if you don't want to work anywhere else, you would just be throwing it away.

I think they are getting through the list of those with rec's, so I wouldn't be surprised if you heard something from them soon.

Jetsi

Thanks JETSI- I'll keep the fingers crossed. Maybe they'll like the fact that alot of my time is part 121 SIC and that I can take instructions well!

US Flyer said:
Thanks JETSI- I'll keep the fingers crossed. Maybe they'll like the fact that alot of my time is part 121 SIC and that I can take instructions well!

I'm in the same boat as you, very similar time and experience but no internal recs. My fingers have been crossed so long I thing they will be stuck that way. I'm crossing my toes for extra measure just in case!

IHF

TOGA, glad to hear you got it. Some were even told they did not have enough enthusiasm. I too thought all of us had a great chance and were awsome candidates. Forget the "Silver Bullets" they don't help except to get you in the door. I was asked who I knew but I still didn't get the job. I think F9 left alot of great talent and personality on the table. Shame, Shame...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back