Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
starchkr said:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Got the call today for an interview on the 6th!!!!

Congratulations! Did you get an internal rec? Hope the interview goes well, I'm sure it will. I can only hope I'm not too far behind. A call for the a December interview would be a super Christmas present, especially considering the shape my company is in right now. I would love to be moving back to Colorado in January! I'll double starchkr's offer for beer :) Starchkr, I'll be checking this forum everyday, so keep us updated on how it goes.

I am Cursed

Congradulations on your interviews. I have had my stuff in for 3 years and have a rec on the inside and have never got a call???

I'm hearing very good things, but will let those in the know elaborate.

3 years!!! Your not cursed.

Only 2 posts Bingo Fuel...hmmm....Satrchkr has almost 700 to his credit, and it seems like half of his were about 'HOW COME I CAN'T GET A CALL!!'

Maybe it's a flightinfo post thing, either way we're extremely happy Starchkr finally got it so we don't have to watch him suffer any more. Really, even I felt sympathy for him!

Last edited:
got the Bad news!

Well I interviewed on the 1st and got the bad news today. It seems due to a missed interview question I was passed on. I have been wanting to fly for F9 since 1998 when I first jumpseated on them. Their people have always made the difference on trips when I rode as a fare paying passenger. especially after a bear of an 8 day Fractional rotation. This is why I tried to join th family!!
I think maybe a superman suit would have made it better. I also belived that personality weighed heavily on the decision process. "Can I sit in the cocpit for 30 days with this person?" That I believe they could have done easily with me. Along with extensive customer service background. However, those things did not out weigh some simple technical questions. I guess I should have studied harder during my 8 days of notice near Thanksgiving.
Oh well, I blew it!

I do wish to thank profusly all the wonderful friends I have that recommended my for this position, and I am sorry for letting you down..... This is the only 121 carrier I have ever applied ( and the only one I prayed for) and so I am hanging up my newly purchased $700.00 suit for good.
Back to the land of the overpaid Porche pilots I go.......probably couldn't have afforded it anyway.

Ok, so i have had some time to calm down now...but when does the knot in the gut go away????

Jetsi, thank you as well, and the beer fest will commence after the 6th some time...kinda stinks i go on rotation on the 7th, or it would be beer for the rest of the week.

crashpad...I actually live here in south Denver, down by the rock, so arriving early is not a problem. i will eat enough to make it to lunch, but not too much to make me get that infamous overeating sick feeling...at least i hope i will be in the right state of mind to realize i need to stop eating before it is too late, and i really can't stand coffee, so that works in my favor too. Helmet...check, i have a spare if i need it as well.

QRC...i never did get that letter of rec, so i feel exceptionally lucky, and i feel i must do more than the average person in the interview because of that. I don't want to let them down for choosing me over someone with a letter or two. I will definately keep everyone updated, as you can tell from all my previous posts, i have plenty to say, and i will share it with you all.

Bingo_fuel...as everyone here kept telling me, keep with it, eventually it will be your turn as well. I just feel very lucky and blessed to have been given this chance.

HawkerDOG...sorry to hear the bad news...I kinda feel a little guilty for putting on such a big show here now. Will they let you try again in the near future, or are you just going to continue doing what you are doing?

Oh man, he brings up a good point..."the suit." While i have a really nice one, i always worry about the blue suit red tie thing, or black with red tie...mine is neither, but i have been complimented every time i wore it because it was different and stood out. But those were other interviews that were not this "big", such as a couple regionals, and a corp job, all of which turned out favorably for me, but i respectfully turned them down so that i could pursue more animalistic ventures(oh well, that was the best i could come up with for F9 at this late hour). Man, another thing to worry about...uuuggghhhh, maybe i will just concentrate on studying versus whether my suit will work or not for now.

Alright, i really need to get some sleep, thanks again everyone, and i will undoubtedly talk to you again tomorrow...

goodnight

Stick a fork in Me!!

I do not think I will go thru this again. You have to wait a year and then get all your referrals again. I am too old and gave it my best shot. Probably should have not put all my eggs (and money) in one basket.
Even though I sound a bit bitter, I truly love F9 and wish the best to everyone that interviews. All the people I met were over the top outstanding. I am just seriously hurt right now cause I thought I did well, and it will take time to get over it.
My big hope is that another pilot who really needs this job got it in lue of me. I have a wonderful job and and employer who I would have grieved badly by getting this gig.
Sometimes things happen for a reason. I also wish all those in my interview party the best of luck.It was awsome to have the chance to meet all of you. I hear 8 or so will be new hires soon!!! Rock on Guys. I may not be at Frontier but someone thinks I can fly.......

starchkr,

First off - congratulations! That you got the call without any recommendations speaks volumes about you. I had a few and thought that I was lucky, but you really deserve it if you made it this far because guess what? They're looking at the person, not the numbers; they got you through airlineapps.com. Anyway, I couldn't be happier for you!

Just enjoy yourself there. Yes, you will be nervous. Nothing I did could calm my nerves because I was interviewing for my dream job. They will do a great job making you feel comfortable so take advantage of that opportunity. In kind, get to know them. I asked a lot of questions and tried to go out of my way to meet folks and ask them how they liked the place, etc. You're going to do just fine. From your posts, it appears that you're genuine and have a very strong desire to work there. It'll be a two-way street, I assure you.

Nice touch recognizing folks. That's what F9 wants. From reading HawkerDOG's post, I'm very surprised we won't be working together. HawkerDOG you are a class act - I hope I get to meet you some day. You have the right attitude for sure. Hang in there bud and hopefully we'll see you soon.

As AnimalTale told me, "Have Fun" at your interview - seriously...

M3

Now just to get that call.........hopefully SOON..........

I wish y'all the best with your dream job..............and congrats to Starchkr as well. You definitely earned it :) To have a great job at an airline with Frontier's culture AND be able to live in Denver to boot----now THAT is a trifecta.......

Hmmm...just got to thinking tonight...what about letters of recommendation? I don't keep any on hand (maybe i should), and the people who would write them for me (not F9 folks by the way...but i think you all knew that already;) ) will not be in the office until monday night since they only work M-TH and only late nights(crazy night cargo business). What should i do, did any of you guys/gals who recently went through have letters, aside from the internal kind? Man i wish i would have kept some on hand for something like this...our schedules make it kind of hard to get something like this at the last minute...ugh, i should have thought of something like this...oh well, i can try my best, but i do not think they could have them to me by Tuesday morning. Ah man, maybe they will overlook this fact...maybe if they ask me for some, i will just hand them a box of hot doughnuts and some nice fresh coffee or juice, do ya think that will work instead? :D

I too was impressed with HawkerDOG's attitude after getting the bad news. Most people would come on here and start a bash fest because they got that kind of news, it takes a true man/woman to receive that kind of news and still praise the company afterwards. My hats off to you HawkerDOG.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back