Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clear as a VFR day.

I got news for you, the Pilots are not alone.
Key word: "sharing" - whats tranny sharing with us? Besides their village idiot.

:cartman:

Again, a classic response. Anyway, forget the ATL hub with gates, entrance into DCA, more LGA slots, more 737-800 delivery slots, and getting rid of a low cost competitor. I recall GK saying you guys NEEDED Airtran. Maybe he was just talking about the company itself, not your pilot group.

OYS

:)
Entertainment only.
I'm on self imposed FI vacation and will let y'all sling it out and put trust in my NC.
Good luck with all those arguments guys.

Your chances of anything close to a staple are rapidly going down the toilet. Everytime a new arbitrated award comes out, we all see a better picture of what your future SLI could look like if it goes that route. I am only trying to provide some advice here.

Airtran pilots, seriously look into taking the arbitration route. And Texman, like that 80's song states, "Don't go away mad, just go away.....". Many people on this public forum are interested in this SLI outcome. You need to realize that. Godspeed, you bully.

OYS

OK buddy. Do a little research. I never mentioned once about a staple. Apparently you think I have or did. A/M and M/B apply here idiot. So do you jerky, jerky to this stuff? You are one pissed off weird dude.

OK buddy. Do a little research. I never mentioned once about a staple. Apparently you think I have or did. A/M and M/B apply here idiot. So do you jerky, jerky to this stuff? You are one pissed off weird dude.

Sounds like the truth is hurting some people more than others. Sounds like OYS is hitting pretty close to the mark for a lot of people - most people just don't want to acknowledge the real situation and how this integration could potentially evolve.

No, this probably won't be a clean integration by any means. SWA's "welcoming and fun" culture will be anything but. This regional example has set a precedent and there are some similarities with your situation that could potentially impact the outcome. I agree that GK and Wall Street probably want to see an ROI on this merger sooner than later and agreements will need to be made - and not everyone will be happy. That's always the case. I guess sometimes the truth hurts and people don't want to hear it...

Last edited:
So the bod at Southwest Airlines is going to be okay with their world famous employee relations being nuked by a third party arbitrator.

Uh, don't think so.

It will either be a tranny staple (very few unhappy trannies) or no integration at all. Count on it.

Thank you for trying to be civil. My point here is that I hope this SLI is fair to both groups. Some pilots on here don't want that. I believe, along with others, that arbitration is the best way to get over greedy hurdles. Someone without an actual piece of the action, ie an arbitrator. Would it be great to see a fair negotiated SLI between the two groups? Yes. Is that likely due to pressures from each group towards their own negotiators? Nope. That is key. So, to keep that great culture of yours intact, I would think your groups would do what every other merger group has done as of late, and that is let someone outside decide. That doesn't always mean your group will get less, even though recent awards may point otherwise. Godspeed to you and your group.

OYS

OK I'm ready to settle this Lets just let OYS, Ty, and GL be our panel. The AAI pilots would be awarded the first 1700 spots on the list and then we could all move on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back