Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Dolce

If you do a good job on the exterior pre-flight I will let you start an engine.

See ya in Dallas!

Hey Critter,

Deep down you know it won't play out that way and if it does...I'll probably be starting both! ;)

D

Funnyman,

All I hear from AT post is "wait for arbitration" because we'll get ours and keep ours because ALPA has never lost a seat! Are you telling me your union isn't trying for relative seniority? Are you telling me you would be willing for best case DOH with a feather of some ratio because of the pay bump and benefits you'll get? I have no animosity against any AT pilots...well the flame-baiters where I return in kind. Do you think it's fair to SWA pilots to not get anything out of SWAs acquisition of AT except a promise of things to come so a 5 year AT FO can move ahead of my 10 year azz? Where is this money coming from to purchase AT...my profit sharing which is supposed to fund part of my retirement. Do I get any bumps in compensation? Does my QOL improve or do I get a better benefit package? Do I get reimbursed for my type I paid for out of my pocket? Now why don't you respond to my post after understanding my gripe. When everything works out I think you and your family will be better off
more than ever! So why don't you quit talking to me in your condescending
tone and read some of the post of your brethren TW, PCL, etc. then get back
to me!

D

Hi D. You are making this fun for me. Thanks. Just because you are merging, doesn't mean you get extra cash. You may get a small pay bump, maybe some stock, but the idea is to bring the other guys up to your level (even if they get a windfall), and then you become one big happy group. Now, it is very unlikely that you will lose any money. You may have to wait for an upgrade or might not get Xmas off one year, but that is probably it. That is what happens in mergers. Yes, GK called it a merger, to the media, and that will be used in Arbitration if it goes there. It probably won't go to arbitration if your union offers the Airtran guys close to what they can get in arbitration (and recent awards are telling), so hopefully it will all be negotiated first, and then you can pull gear for Critter 717. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Flew with a Transtar last month...had to wait three years to finally get here. Had a lot of good things to say about ALPA. Yes, they were ALPA when they were shutdown. He really appreciated the literature he received while out on the street. But like the majority of all pilots, he's a good sh!t who played the cards he was dealt. He also was on probation for a year!

D

Not really worth it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Thanks Dolce you make me feel like a piece of sh*t pilot. Can't wait to work with you.....Us Airtran guys called Gary and put the deal together ourselves. Hopefully we are on the street and can foreclose on our homes once we are never integrated. BTW show me one post in months were an Airtran guy mentions relative seniority????? I can't find it. Thanks for thinking about my family. Also us guys are damn good pilots with a similar culture as your pilot group. Don't talk to us like your Neil Armstrong and we are student pilots......sad.

Why do you guys take the empirical fact that SWA is a better job that was, and is, more difficult to attain, as an insult to your flying skills or personal character?

Because it's absolutely not.

My first commuter, I flew small turboprops with no autopilots for a smaller underpaid company. To this day I will never fly with a better, tougher, funner, more talented group of pilots. And the situations that operation put us in as young pilots would make a lot of swa pilots ******************** their drawers if they were thrust into it today. When I was there, rumors flew that we were going to get acquired by a big regional that flew bigger tp's and rjs. Every one of us knew we were better pilots bc we didn't have autopilots and were forced to fly more- but there was no doubt as to which one was the better job and which job was more difficult to get. And there was little doubt where we'd end up on the list.

I really don't get how that's taken as a personal affront to your flying abilities-
Bc I for one will never be as good again as I was in that first job. Doesn't mean that today I don't have one of the best jobs in all of aviation. And so will you wherever you end up on the list.

Last edited:
Why do you guys take the empirical fact that SWA is a better job that was, and is, more difficult to attain, as an insult to your flying skills or personal character?

Because it's absolutely not.

My first commuter, I flew small turboprops with no autopilots for a smaller underpaid company. To this day I will never fly with a better, tougher, funner, more talented group of pilots. And the situations that operation put us in as young pilots would make a lot of swa pilots ******************** their drawers if they were thrust into it today. When I was there, rumors flew that we were going to get acquired by a big regional that flew bigger tp's and rjs. Every one of us knew we were better pilots bc we didn't have autopilots and were forced to fly more- but there was no doubt as to which one was the better job and which job was more difficult to get. And there was little doubt where we'd end up on the list.

I really don't get how that's taken as a personal affront to your flying abilities-
Bc I for one will never be as good again as I was in that first job. Doesn't mean that today I don't have one of the best jobs in all of aviation. And so will you wherever you end up on the list.

Hilarious, you would make even the most arrogant Delta pilot blush.

Ask 100 pilots: what's the better job, AT or SWA?
How many say AT kharma?

And Why is that cocky? If it is than I'm that.

I would bet 99% of people feel swa is the better airline to work for. As far as which airline is harder to get a job at. In regards to the SLI I don't think it matters. Both airlines have hired people I'm sure they wished they hadn't, both airlines have passed on guys they should have hired. When you look a current hiring practices most companies are not looking at experience. Pilots are hired by hr or the pd. If you have a bad day it doesn't matter if you've flown the space shuttle you won't get the job.
If this goes to arbitration the arbitrator isn't going to care which airline is harder to get hired at. It doesn't matter how you got there all that matters is you are there. As far as the hundreds of aai apps on file at swa. It's to hard to prove that the aai pilot would leave aai just because he applied. It's like all those 737 orders aai has. Just because there is intent doesn't mean it will happen. There for the arbitrator doesn't care. Like I said before the fact that aai had pilots have left for swa will help you. If they were capts it will help more then if they were jr fo's. The big question is how much will it help you.

Latest resources

Back