Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Double OYS posts following mine? Are you talking to me, OYS? You're gonna have to speak louder. I can't HEAR you. Oh how I love the Ignore button.

Now this is funny. Everyone else can see YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. Very recent arbitration awards should interest this guy. It's just NOT apples to oranges. Colgan is smaller than Pinnacle, just like Airtran is to Southwest. Almost identical situations. Arbitrator Bloch didn't staple anyone. Mesaba was also BK recently, and they were blended in too. If I were an Airtran pilot, I would push the NC into looking closely at this option. Godspeed at a fair conclusion to this matter for your merged group.

OYS

Last edited:
OYS,
All Captains, even turboprop Captains at Colgan with lowest pay and no jet prospects, were placed above all FOs.

True from a category standpoint, but senior FOs are still above Saab captains.

The status/category method entailed:
1. CRJ-900 (272 XJ, 100 Pinnacle, 0 Colgan)
2. Q400 Captains and CRJ-200 Captains (88 Mesaba, 581 Pinnacle, 149 Colgan)
3. Saab 340 Captains (132 Mesaba, 0 Pinnacle, 149 Colgan)
4. Jet FOs (Mesaba 314, Pinnacle 448, 0 Colgan)
5. Prop FOs (Mesaba 194, 0 Pinnacle, 158 Colgan)
6. Newhires since June 2010 (16 Mesaba, 225 Pinnacle, 152 Colgan)

It's true the category for the first 3 are Captain, the next 3 FOs. However, to state that turboprop Captains were placed above all FOs is not true, physically speaking. The reason is that the categories above only list the numbers that the given equipment brings, and the pilot positions listed are filled in order of date of hire, from top to bottom.

For example, suppose I'm a Pinnacle guy who was #75 on our overall Pinnacle list, and because I enjoyed my QOL and was lazy, I was a CRJ-900 FO at Atlanta. With this award, my physical position on the list is still in the top. The first 100 positions of Pinnacle under the CRJ-900 Captain position means the first 100 Pinnacle guys, regardless of what aircraft or seat they occupy. So in the above, I would be 75 out of the 100 for that Pinnacle award of 100 category 1 positions.

In other words, another way to read this award is that the first 372 positions on the integrated seniority list will be filled by the first 272 Mesaba pilots and the first 100 Pinnacle pilots, ratio of 272:100 with Mesaba pilot, in order of DOH for each group.

The next 818 positions on the list will be filled by the next 88 Mesaba pilots, next 581 Pinnacle pilots, the first 149 Colgan pilots, ratio 88:581:149, in order of DOH for each group.

The next 281 positions on the list will be filed by the next 132 Mesaba pilots, the next 149 Colgan pilots, ratio 132:149, in order of DOH for each group.

That repeats until the list is done. To say that a Saab Captain is "above" all FOs is therefore not accurate. A super senior FO at Pinnacle in the top 100 positions is still in the first group for the purposes of the integrated list. The main problem you could have by doing it straight up all Captains above and all FOs below would be that at your own airline, a CRJ-900 Captain could be junior to many CRJ-200 Captains, or a CRJ first officer could be senior to many CRJ-200 or 900 captains. No one at your own airline can jump over your own seniority. So, the breakdown I provided above makes sure that doesn't happen. It's also the reason why DOH isn't necessary to forumlate this award. It is category, number of slots, and ratios.

Last edited:
Oys, you got beat up a lot in high school didn't you. Your post are so scary. I am so scared. F it boys! Let's get this done quick so we can put the hurting on delta. Oys will get furloughed and be out of a job because of the pain swa will bring.

You guys really don't get it do you! You might want to check with your NC committee to see what the Process Agreement and our Transition Agreement really means. So OYS go ahead and push for binding arbitration.

Am I the only one that thinks AirTran and SWA are a closer match businesswise than Colgan, Mesaba, and Pinnacle? Mr. Bloch obviously didn't think I flew an apple. I got f'ed because I was in the range of people that flew an orange.

You guys really don't get it do you! You might want to check with your NC committee to see what the Process Agreement and our Transition Agreement really means. So OYS go ahead and push for binding arbitration.

It really is very simple yet some still can't seem to grasp the reality of the situation. If a negotiated settlement can't be reached, there will be no integration. Period.

Oys, you got beat up a lot in high school didn't you. Your post are so scary. I am so scared. F it boys! Let's get this done quick so we can put the hurting on delta. Oys will get furloughed and be out of a job because of the pain swa will bring.

Your chances of anything close to a staple are rapidly going down the toilet. Everytime a new arbitrated award comes out, we all see a better picture of what your future SLI could look like if it goes that route. I am only trying to provide some advice here.

Airtran pilots, seriously look into taking the arbitration route. And Texman, like that 80's song states, "Don't go away mad, just go away.....". Many people on this public forum are interested in this SLI outcome. You need to realize that. Godspeed, you bully.

OYS

Last edited:
Really lonestar.. Saving this, so we can judge your post after the fact.

So funny pilots mad at other pilots ? Like any of you are in charge of the merger or process. Growth/Intl./worlds busiest airport.

It really is very simple yet some still can't seem to grasp the reality of the situation. If a negotiated settlement can't be reached, there will be no integration. Period.

Wall St disagrees with you. Didn't GK sign the Process Agreement allowing for arbitration? I'm just asking.

OYS

This will look even more rediculous in less than a year.

Latest resources

Back