Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirForce One has the same capacity as a CRJ. I doubt anyone would argue they are the same except if you were a Tranny trying to argue that you aren't flying around an RJ. :)

Colgan/Mesaba/Pinnacle are all regional airlines. There is only one airline in the SWA/AAI deal that flies "regional" type airframes. These results while interesting will have no bearing on any SWA/AAI arbitration award.

Bloch mashed a bunch of apples together. SWA's acquisition will result in mashing apples with an orange (citrus) fruit. They are 2 different types of companies and 2 different types of career expectations within the groups. That is if they are ever mashed together.

LOL! What a classic response. Did Colgan pilots, low paid prop pilots with no expectations of a jet anywhere in their future, ever expect to be placed higher up above current higher paid jet Captains in their SLI? I bet they didn't, but Bloch thought it was fair. Arbitration is the way to go.

OYS

You would be smart to ask for lower rates for those pesky 717's. Just ask Tweet. He's a regular brain sturgeon.

There's an agreement which will eventually end up with a list on a piece of paper. That's all anyone agreed to.

Something like that would likely result in the list never being combined. Not good for either party. It's personal opinion as to who it's worse for. Gary and VdV have bluntly stated that they want a NEGOTIATED agreement. Smart choice takes the bird in the hand. Why tempt fate when so many have tried and failed before?

You are starting to squirm and get nervous.

OYS

Since I've got On Your Sixth on ignore I can't speak to his posts, but the title of the thread makes me think...

Mesaba, Colgan, Pinnacle....apples to apples to apples

SWA, Airtran....not so much

There's an agreement which will eventually end up with a list on a piece of paper. That's all anyone agreed to.

Is that sweat raining down from your head and pits? GK wants this done and over with, and Wall Street wants this merger too. Every Airtran pilot should push their NC for the only fair approach to this SLI, binding arbitration. Just ask the Colgan prop guys for their advice.

OYS

Since I've got On Your Sixth on ignore I can't speak to his posts, but the title of the thread makes me think...

Mesaba, Colgan, Pinnacle....apples to apples to apples

SWA, Airtran....not so much

Of course he has me on ignore, he is ignoring the truth and future as well. Is Colgan as big as Pinnacle? No. Are they both Regionals? Yes. Are some Colgan Saab Captains now senior to some Pinnacle CRJ Captains? Apparently so according to the thread on the Regional forum. Is Airtran as big as Southwest? No. Are they both LCCs? Pretty much, except Southwest is not really low cost anymore. I think binding arbitration would be the way to go for the Airtran pilots. It's just more fair. JMO. Godspeed for the best decision for your group.

OYS

Last edited:
Double OYS posts following mine? Are you talking to me, OYS? You're gonna have to speak louder. I can't HEAR you. Oh how I love the Ignore button.

Latest resources

Back