• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, damn those idiots for honoring their pension obligations. Gas bill is higher.......wait, we got the most fuel efficient fleet out there. How those DC-9's and MD-88 doing? Sure we'll cut capacity again, but if we're short staffed, what impact is that going to be. Delta has over 12,000 pilots. So a ten percent cut with pilots equals????

The ten percent cut was already figured in with our last displacement bid. We actually displaced people and never filled in some of the lost spots. And the MD88 is a lot cheaper than your new planes since the leases were cut in BK, and the DC9s are owned outright. All we do is pay for the gas on those birds, and we are hedged a lot better than you for the rest of 09. Your hedges are embarassing. You know that too. But, I am glad you are short staffed, it may help a lot when your airline announces route cuts in July.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can tell you it wasn't. This economy is killing us. I agree that we will see some sort of job loss out of this. Not much probably about what you guys at CAL have. (ALL IMHO)

The economy is killing everyone...anyone that thinks they will not be caught up in this, only shows ignorance. And everyone thought UAL was being too aggressive when they announced cut backs 1 year ago.

I keep hearing you guys talk about furloughs, but, wait a minute, don't we have a no furlough clause that can only be voided through force manure.. Seriously, a slow economy would qualify? I thought an act of war, 9-11, or an act of god, a tornado trashing 60 airplanes were the qualifiers. I am not sure the company could furlough just because the economy ain't happening.

If I remember correctly back in 02-03 they furloughed too many guys using 9-11, and they were forced to bring them back, actually pay them to stay home. I would think there would be a grievance if furloughs are announced, and the company would have to prove that they either furlough the lowest paid 10% of the pilot group, or we will be back in bk again. So, just relax it may happen, but right now it's very complicated from a logistic standpoint. Hey non-dal pilots, mind your own store, I know most of you wish you were here, but you're not, so go to your company's thread and post your comments over there, where somebody might care to read them, over here you are wasting computer memory

I keep hearing you guys talk about furloughs, but, wait a minute, don't we have a no furlough clause that can only be voided through force manure..

Nope. No furloughs can result from the merger. With the economy I don't think the company would have any problem proving it's not from the merger. Also if they furlough, the company has to pull six seats out of all the 76 seat jets. Can't remember if it's any furlough at all or if there is a certain number that triggers that one. At any rate, I stand by what I said earlier. If a furlough happens, Moak will give the company relief from taking the seats out. I have zero doubt on that one.

Wow. The NYC ER category will be cleaned out for awhile, and there are some indefinite suspensions of a few flights in ATL and CVG. Could there be furloughs? Again, it was said they needed about 2 years for it to be financially smart, and a lot of the flights are coming back in the Spring. We shall see. Not good. It will be a slow Fall and Winter for sure.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You know General,......I don't see too many Northwest Airlines flights on that list! balances out the cut in the 747-200 freighters in ANK.

IF furloughs happen i dont think it will happen pre-soc because of the logistics and complexity that comes with it. So at the earliest i would guess January and thats after they attempt lowering maxes, offer SLIPs, and we see a couple more rounds of PIRPs. We'll see

It can happen if they do a joint AE prior to SOC and then furlough from the bottom of the AE list. It puts everyone in position so no one would get knocked out of order.
It is very doable.

Michael707767. For the 07 and 08 hires they only have to take out 6 seats in about 26 jets. IE the ones in the 76 seat scope settlement
If a 01 hire goes it is six seats in every 76 seat jet and the number of 76 seat jets goes down to something like 55. (not sure of that number)

I do not see them getting to a 01 hire. They will either delay SOC to furlough, or they will take the 470 or so that are 07/08 hires on the bottom of the combined list.
IMHO I do not see that many going.

I have to throw in the towel and admit that furloughs are coming. Further, I will lay good money that there is no way Lee Moak will make the company pull those extra six seats out of the RJ90s when the furloughs happen.

I agree....Moak will let them keep the seats in saying revenue and a stronger company will get those pilots back.....which is a crock of $hit.

If furloughs don't happen before SOC, then plan on it immediately after...

It can happen if they do a joint AE prior to SOC and then furlough from the bottom of the AE list. It puts everyone in position so no one would get knocked out of order.
It is very doable.

Michael707767. For the 07 and 08 hires they only have to take out 6 seats in about 26 jets. IE the ones in the 76 seat scope settlement
If a 01 hire goes it is six seats in every 76 seat jet and the number of 76 seat jets goes down to something like 55. (not sure of that number)

I do not see them getting to a 01 hire. They will either delay SOC to furlough, or they will take the 470 or so that are 07/08 hires on the bottom of the combined list.
IMHO I do not see that many going.

ACL,

Excuse me for not paying attention, but I was under the impression that if the airline furloughs anybody ALL 76 seaters lose chairs.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....I hope I'm not for our 07 08 people.

Latest resources

Back