• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot worse shape? I would not go that far. We are certainly in no better shape, but a lot worse shape, don't think so bro.

Now UAL and US Airways, they IMHO are in much worse shape.

Well, you are still paying for pensions, your gas bill is higher, and your INTL flying equals ours. The Reuters article out today stated you too will be parking capacity for the Fall and Winter just like we will. So, I would say you aren't in great shape. Now, you are correct about USAir and United. They are gonna be hurting a lot more probably. United has some major debt due coming up here in the next two years, and USAir can't get their two teams together. What a mess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hmmm...maybe the S&P guys see the additional cuts as being the right direction, and have knowledge of more to come?!?!?! As I belive most have said there's till too much capacity in the system. With the combination of DAL/NWA they have a lot of routes/planes/people they can still cut I'm sure.....

You are at CAL, right? You guys are in a lot worse shape really. Your fuel hedging is a lot worse than most, at DL we have 61% of 09 at $1.99. Every city or route that we cut, you can expect the same. You might want to worry about your own butt right now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What are you talking about?

Last edited:
I don't think the analysts have any inside information, really. They just like the combined route structure and they know DAL management will continue to cut if they need to.

Analysts like cuts.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for no furloughs. A year of first year pay followed by 'no pay' would probably do me in.

Well, you are still paying for pensions, your gas bill is higher, and your INTL flying equals ours. The Reuters article out today stated you too will be parking capacity for the Fall and Winter just like we will. So, I would say you aren't in great shape. Now, you are correct about USAir and United. They are gonna be hurting a lot more probably. United has some major debt due coming up here in the next two years, and USAir can't get their two teams together. What a mess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yep, damn those idiots for honoring their pension obligations. Gas bill is higher.......wait, we got the most fuel efficient fleet out there. How those DC-9's and MD-88 doing? Sure we'll cut capacity again, but if we're short staffed, what impact is that going to be. Delta has over 12,000 pilots. So a ten percent cut with pilots equals????

Hey, could these guys at S&P have any "inside knowledge"? (more than you do) I guess they have faith in our leadership and proactive cutting that will help the company....

from a Reuter's article:

Delta shares erased deeper losses earlier in the session and were up 2 cents to $6.57 in afternoon trading. Standard & Poor's equity research reiterated its "buy" rating on Delta after the capacity cut announcement.

"Clearly the current environment is weak and not improving, but we see Delta as one of the long-term survivors in the U.S. airline industry, and continue to see the carrier as well positioned due to last year's Northwest Airlines merger," S&P airline analyst Jim Corridore said in a research note.

Keep it up MORON! Your fry machine is beeping again....

Bye Bye--General Lee

These same guys said there was NO WAY Delta could go BK after 9-11. They had such a strong cash position, and all that!

-2cents-WOW Gen..... I hope you are not depending on gains like that to "make ends meat" as fools like you like to say.
-Damn-
-You are just hopelessly pathetic. And YES-Everyone here knows your other screen names-not that hard.

I don't think the analysts have any inside information, really. They just like the combined route structure and they know DAL management will continue to cut if they need to.

Analysts like cuts.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for no furloughs. A year of first year pay followed by 'no pay' would probably do me in.

You'll do fine. They'll probably cut no matter what General "Lick Balls" Lee says or ACL65pilot. But you got a Delta seniority number and with early outs, I doubt you'll be gone too long. At least you got a good head on your shoulders and see the light. Please tell General and ACL65pilot this coded Delta message from the Collective Peachtree City office: 0001001001001001001000100101110010111100101.

translates: I like my taint licked clockwise in slow circular motions. Makes my right leg switch.

I've heard from credible sources that still no furloughs. If we don't get the numbers we were hoping for from the PRIP (300-500, and I've heard we're nowhere near close), then expect other programs to be rolled out, i.e., reduction in monthy max's (I've heard 70 hours being thrown around), part time flying with full benefits (50 hours/mo), and leaves of absence with full benefits.

Bottom line is that that at the highest level meetings they are still not talking pilot furloughs. The economics still don't justify it yet, it would be a PR nightmare, and there would be legal issues to unwind for years to come with the language in our Pilot Working Agreement and LOA.

Everyone just relax. Silence the bell and fly the airplane.

Nice to hear someone on the "north" side has heard the same thing. This is not from a "source" or "heard on the motel van from a flight attendant"...rumour. I had SENIOR EXECUTIVE DAL Management, not Richard..but someone close and not just in the know, but in the decision making chain....in my jumpseat 3 days ago. NO FUROLOUGHS at DAL. The number that he tossed around of furloughs being finanicially viable was 36 months, NOT 18 or 24 months. He made it crystal clear that Compass has thrown a wrench into any possible furlough plan and that it simply will not happen. Also he eluded to the fact that the early retirement plan was probably an opener and that so far they only have 25 takers. One suprise for me was the mention of DC9's in LAX, not a rumour but a matter of time.

DALsouth displacement bid to come this summer:(

Sweet, " I had a guy in the jumpseat" definately trumps almost anything else. If I were you guys I would go ahead and buy that Porsche, everthing is going to be OK. There was this jumpseater..... Way up there......definately in the know......don't worry.

Good luck to all, but in case the whole jumpseater inside info thing does not pan out then probably a good idea to have a good emergency fund and very few debts.

you'll do fine. They'll probably cut no matter what general "lick balls" lee says or acl65pilot. But you got a delta seniority number and with early outs, i doubt you'll be gone too long. At least you got a good head on your shoulders and see the light. Please tell general and acl65pilot this coded delta message from the collective peachtree city office: 0001001001001001001000100101110010111100101.

translates: I like my taint licked clockwise in slow circular motions. Makes my right leg twitch.

Post of the Month!

-Awesome!!!

Latest resources

Back