• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Dope, did you hear Prater is taking it from the back. That most make you pretty happy.
Anyway, I feel bad about the NWA pilots about to get furloughed if things do not change. Delta overexpanded and many NWA pilots will be paying the price, all the while Delta pilots hired after them will keep jobs at the expense of NWA pilots. Seniority matters. Delta expanded like crazy and many NWA pilots will be effected by this overzealous adventure.

M

delta guys this thought just popped into my head. Delta furloughs, compass pilot list is flushed, mainline pilots flying compass - brought back onto mainline which is 36 more mainline planes which now allows for 108 more 76 seat jets. Could this happen?
no ....

Hey Dope, did you hear Prater is taking it from the back. That most make you pretty happy.
Hey doosh: That must make you pretty jealous! How's your US Air east lover feel about that?

Anyway, I feel bad about the NWA pilots about to get furloughed if things do not change. Delta overexpanded and many NWA pilots will be paying the price, all the while Delta pilots hired after them will keep jobs at the expense of NWA pilots. Seniority matters.
So how are things at Gulfstream these days?

Delta expanded like crazy and many NWA pilots will be effected by this overzealous adventure.

M
I'm sorry, what flight school do you instruct for anyway Mc doosh?

I've heard from credible sources that still no furloughs. If we don't get the numbers we were hoping for from the PRIP (300-500, and I've heard we're nowhere near close), then expect other programs to be rolled out, i.e., reduction in monthy max's (I've heard 70 hours being thrown around), part time flying with full benefits (50 hours/mo), and leaves of absence with full benefits.

Bottom line is that that at the highest level meetings they are still not talking pilot furloughs. The economics still don't justify it yet, it would be a PR nightmare, and there would be legal issues to unwind for years to come with the language in our Pilot Working Agreement and LOA.

Everyone just relax. Silence the bell and fly the airplane.

They have not excited this plan. There are other options first, but the fact is that there has been talk, just no decisions.
They can bring the ALV down to 72 and fly everyone at 65, they can SIL and they can train for all of the movement. It they get 150-250 PERPS then we may not see anyone hitting the street.
I just do not see this economy improving enough to keep the 2010 flight plan intact. (IE another pull down)

I can tell you it wasn't. This economy is killing us. I agree that we will see some sort of job loss out of this. Not much probably about what you guys at CAL have. (ALL IMHO)

Yep, and I'm and sure Steenland told you this personally at the last board meeting, or maybe it was at that truckstop bath house.

-You really are a tool. No one has ever bought all your "inside knowledge" horse crap.

And yet you still can't make the perfect cup of coffee!:rolleyes:

Maybe he can't, but at least he is not such a hopeless loser that he has to come here 68 times daily and bash people under multiple screen names.

-Let's just say Gen Lee is his own best friend. (Ever notice that there are exactly two others who defend Gen Lee? His other screen names.)
-Very Clever, there braintrust...

Maybe he can't, but at least he is not such a hopeless loser that he has to come here 68 times daily and bash people under multiple screen names.

-Let's just say Gen Lee is his own best friend. (Ever notice that there are exactly two others who defend Gen Lee? His other screen names.)
-Very Clever, there braintrust...

Do you really think only 2 other people agree with me? I do know one thing though, almost EVERYONE on this board thinks you are a class 1 moron. And, why do I need to be "other people" when I like posting myself? I like it a lot, and you said it yourself I am on here 68 times a day anyway. It goes round and round, but overall you are a jealous RJ driver that won't make it any farther than that, and has to work at McRonalds to make ends meat. You are also a same sex stalker, and that is weird.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yep, and I'm and sure Steenland told you this personally at the last board meeting, or maybe it was at that truckstop bath house.

-You really are a tool. No one has ever bought all your "inside knowledge" horse crap.

Hey, could these guys at S&P have any "inside knowledge"? (more than you do) I guess they have faith in our leadership and proactive cutting that will help the company....

from a Reuter's article:

Delta shares erased deeper losses earlier in the session and were up 2 cents to $6.57 in afternoon trading. Standard & Poor's equity research reiterated its "buy" rating on Delta after the capacity cut announcement.

"Clearly the current environment is weak and not improving, but we see Delta as one of the long-term survivors in the U.S. airline industry, and continue to see the carrier as well positioned due to last year's Northwest Airlines merger," S&P airline analyst Jim Corridore said in a research note.

Keep it up MORON! Your fry machine is beeping again....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are at CAL, right? You guys are in a lot worse shape really. Your fuel hedging is a lot worse than most, at DL we have 61% of 09 at $1.99. Every city or route that we cut, you can expect the same. You might want to worry about your own butt right now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

A lot worse shape? I would not go that far. We are certainly in no better shape, but a lot worse shape, don't think so bro.

Now UAL and US Airways, they IMHO are in much worse shape.

Latest resources

Back