• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta guys this thought just popped into my head. Delta furloughs, compass pilot list is flushed, Mainline pilots flying compass - brought back onto mainline which is 36 more mainline planes which now allows for 108 more 76 seat jets. Could this happen?

Delta guys this thought just popped into my head. Delta furloughs, compass pilot list is flushed, Mainline pilots flying compass - brought back onto mainline which is 36 more mainline planes which now allows for 108 more 76 seat jets. Could this happen?

Why would you think that given the great job our professional negotiators have done in the past. Geez. you would think that DAL has 500 plus RJ's flying around or something..

I see DL offering more for medical for early outs (maybe 1 year free medical than the current 3 month offer). If more guys take the early outs, then it would be cheaper than furloughing from the bottom for less than two years. Any furloughs result in flushing Compass (very expensive if it is temporary), and removing 6 seats from every 76 seat RJ. Again, the company will go for cost savings, and the early out deal will help them with this vs only furloughs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Redtail,

Just because the announced cuts appear to all be on the south side, stay tuned for the parking of the 400s and shifting of 777s to the north along with a reduction in 330 flying and a shift to 76s on those routes. One more thing. Look for this to happen PRIOR TO soc.

But this is a "merger of growth" - Richard Anderson, "1+1=3", - NWA MEC, "Anderson loves Asia and the 747-400", - NWA MEC

Throwing up a bit again today

Like I've been saying, furloughs are coming. They're just trying to reglaze the terd over and over again before they feed it to you. It was they're plan all along.

You are at CAL, right? You guys are in a lot worse shape really. Your fuel hedging is a lot worse than most, at DL we have 61% of 09 at $1.99. Every city or route that we cut, you can expect the same. You might want to worry about your own butt right now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

I think we need 18 MORE mainline planes (total) for them to allow any more 76 seat RJs. It is a mainline total of planes. If they remove some, and return them, I don't think more RJs can come aboard. There has to be a certain number of mainline jets total. I think FDJ2 knows the number.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've heard from credible sources that still no furloughs. If we don't get the numbers we were hoping for from the PRIP (300-500, and I've heard we're nowhere near close), then expect other programs to be rolled out, i.e., reduction in monthy max's (I've heard 70 hours being thrown around), part time flying with full benefits (50 hours/mo), and leaves of absence with full benefits.

Bottom line is that that at the highest level meetings they are still not talking pilot furloughs. The economics still don't justify it yet, it would be a PR nightmare, and there would be legal issues to unwind for years to come with the language in our Pilot Working Agreement and LOA.

Everyone just relax. Silence the bell and fly the airplane.

I've heard from credible sources that still no furloughs. If we don't get the numbers we were hoping for from the PRIP (300-500, and I've heard we're nowhere near close), then expect other programs to be rolled out, i.e., reduction in monthy max's (I've heard 70 hours being thrown around), part time flying with full benefits (50 hours/mo), and leaves of absence with full benefits.

Bottom line is that that at the highest level meetings they are still not talking pilot furloughs. The economics still don't justify it yet, it would be a PR nightmare, and there would be legal issues to unwind for years to come with the language in our Pilot Working Agreement and LOA.

I flew with some NWA flight attendants that are taking a 1yr voluntary LOA keeping all benefits, longevity etc all while be ABLE to collect unemployemt, which had been extended up to a 1 year they said. thats not a bad deal for some, if hey have a program like that.

I have to agree. Relax. They will probably try some of the above first.
I makes $ sense to try some of these things.

Latest resources

Back