• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to throw in the towel and admit that furloughs are coming. Further, I will lay good money that there is no way Lee Moak will make the company pull those extra six seats out of the RJ90s when the furloughs happen.

Sweet, " I had a guy in the jumpseat" definately trumps almost anything else. If I were you guys I would go ahead and buy that Porsche, everthing is going to be OK. There was this jumpseater..... Way up there......definately in the know......don't worry.

Good luck to all, but in case the whole jumpseater inside info thing does not pan out then probably a good idea to have a good emergency fund and very few debts.

Well-Gen,

Most people probably have a much different definition of "had a guy in the jumpseat" than you do. Have some stinking class and take your nasty habits back to the bathroom.

No one wants to visualize you "having a guy in the jumpseat." That is just not right.

Nice to hear someone on the "north" side has heard the same thing. This is not from a "source" or "heard on the motel van from a flight attendant"...rumour. I had SENIOR EXECUTIVE DAL Management, not Richard..but someone close and not just in the know, but in the decision making chain....in my jumpseat 3 days ago. NO FUROLOUGHS at DAL. The number that he tossed around of furloughs being finanicially viable was 36 months, NOT 18 or 24 months. He made it crystal clear that Compass has thrown a wrench into any possible furlough plan and that it simply will not happen. Also he eluded to the fact that the early retirement plan was probably an opener and that so far they only have 25 takers. One suprise for me was the mention of DC9's in LAX, not a rumour but a matter of time.

DALsouth displacement bid to come this summer:(

That is the official word.......

Post of the Month!

-Awesome!!!

I don't get your post.

At any rate, let's say that management is planning furloughs and continues to elude to the fact that they are trying to avoid furloughs. What would be the motive? It's not like there would be a mass exodus. It doesn't make sense to me.

I think like you ACL and tend to believe that their efforts are to avoid the frontline cutbacks. The economy is in poor shape and to say the situation is fluid might be an understatement but I don't think there is a conspiracy at work.

One thing that keeps coming up is the seats in these RJ's. Believe it that if DAL does decide to furlough those seats will be out in one weekend without skipping a beat.

I don't get your post.

At any rate, let's say that management is planning furloughs and continues to elude to the fact that they are trying to avoid furloughs. What would be the motive? It's not like there would be a mass exodus. It doesn't make sense to me.

I think like you ACL and tend to believe that their efforts are to avoid the frontline cutbacks. The economy is in poor shape and to say the situation is fluid might be an understatement but I don't think there is a conspiracy at work.

One thing that keeps coming up is the seats in these RJ's. Believe it that if DAL does decide to furlough those seats will be out in one weekend without skipping a beat.

The numbers one reason not to announce it is so that people do not start burning sick time.

I to think that the time has come. We have done a good job of avoiding it. Not sure if we can continue it. This is just too much. Pray that the inefficiencies of the merger outlast the recession....

The numbers one reason not to announce it is so that people do not start burning sick time.

I to think that the time has come. We have done a good job of avoiding it. Not sure if we can continue it. This is just too much. Pray that the inefficiencies of the merger outlast the recession....

True, but most of the people in the furlough crosshairs don't have a lot of sick time to burn anyway. Plus, if we're fat, why not let them burn it? Doesn't cost the company a dime, assuming all the reserves are flying less than guarantee.

However, I'm with you. This is just too much. I see some aircraft realignment to even out the hits and an announcement for a September furlough announced sometime in early July.

Yep right after the PERPS are tallied.
Also the most junior pilot now has 100 hrs of sick time they can burn in the summer months. That can be a mess.

True, but most of the people in the furlough crosshairs don't have a lot of sick time to burn anyway. Plus, if we're fat, why not let them burn it? Doesn't cost the company a dime, assuming all the reserves are flying less than guarantee.

However, I'm with you. This is just too much. I see some aircraft realignment to even out the hits and an announcement for a September furlough announced sometime in early July.

IF furloughs happen i dont think it will happen pre-soc because of the logistics and complexity that comes with it. So at the earliest i would guess January and thats after they attempt lowering maxes, offer SLIPs, and we see a couple more rounds of PIRPs. We'll see

Maybe he can't, but at least he is not such a hopeless loser that he has to come here 68 times daily and bash people under multiple screen names.
So is the most confusing day for you "father's day"?
I mean after all, you must really hide some major resentment towards Delta pilots since 6 of them ganged your mom causing your birth!

-Let's just say Gen Lee is his own best friend. (Ever notice that there are exactly two others who defend Gen Lee? His other screen names.)
-Very Clever, there braintrust...
Not nearly as you tanker clown, or whatever other names you use to continue to bash Delta.
Bring your knee pads to the next fry meeting kid, you're due for a raise!:laugh:

translates: I like my taint licked clockwise in slow circular motions. Makes my right leg switch.

Damn! Your sister told me the same thing last night right after the pro basketball team left her house! You two must be "real close!":blush:;)

Latest resources

Back