• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That really depends on which scenario takes place. Do you mean NWA side, Delta side or combined? The lists we have now do not include Date of Hire to avoid just these sorts of comparisons and the lists made immediately after the merger are no longer completely accurate.

One theory going around is a furlough prior to SOC off just the Delta side for practical reasons (as NWA equipment is being used to back fill D

As much as I hate to agree with you. I can see them doing this if there is no other choice.
It would be ugly but it would get the job done.

The other theory is that they would put NWA flying on DAL jets to even that out, and in the end taking from the bottom of the list.
As always politics are ugly.

Days of our Delta Lives, the new reality show. We're worse than a bunch of highschool cheerleaders with all this drama.

There is still a lot that has to happen before the company's going to drop the hammer. We'll see

Yeah ... . official word is that "there will be no furloughs, but that's not official, anything could happen."

Last edited:
True - and a bunch of high school cheerleaders would be a lot more fun. But, don't they put guys like me in jail for that? If not, I've got to go buy one of those new Camaros.

For the sake of argument, we'll change the discussion to college cheerleaders ;) You don't need a camaro, just get a GTO and you'll be set ;) See my avatar for details, they seem to just cling to the car but beware, you'll need to bring a broomstick with you to beat them off during the summer :beer:

You're kidding... that's not really your (ahem) car, is it? I've always respected you, but now you are up there with my other hero - Smiling Bob.

And to top it off, our DL MEC also represents a group of non-Delta pilots. So we'll get to go through the trials and tribulations involved with displacements and furloughs while also keeping in mind what's best for a the Compass guys and gals.

What? You're kidding right?

Our MEC blows off the bottom 1/3rd the list. What make you think they'd listen to the bottom 0.024 who are not even on the list, who are split amongst three bases?

You're kidding... that's not really your (ahem) car, is it? I've always respected you, but now you are up there with my other hero - Smiling Bob.

Wait a minute!! There's a car in that picture????? :confused:

:beer:

Which is what might happen to you coming up here thanks to bad hedges. Just wait until you merge with United, and you will see what type of losses occur during mergers.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You do understand how the hedging process works, right? If you don't exercise the right, you lose the money you spent for the right to buy the commodity. It appears you think you are locked into purchasing ALL your needs at whatever price the contract was. Losing billions due to fuel hedging, or lack thereof, is a mathematical impossibility, do the math.

If a merger with United made sense, it would have been already done. One of the big reasons for Continental's success was the fact that Bethune streamlined it down to three aircraft types, NONE of which are compatible with United due to the type of engines they have. The more aircraft types you have, the more you spend- whether they are paid for or not. When you cut through all the bull**it and actually look at the facts, if it doesn't look like easy money to do a merger, the money guys won't go. If you actually think that the management of Delta/NW would leave money behind because they felt bad about the employees, you are smoking crack. Leo Mullin's famous quote from Super Bowl Sunday sums it up, "You mean this deal fell apart over labor?" He was incredulous that a bunch of piss ant hourly workers screwed up his payday.

I'm no fan of Continental management but at least you can say they have a track record, the jury is still out on the management of Delta/NW. One of my best friends is a NW A330 FO so I genuinely hope everything works out, he doesn't sound overly impressed so far.

What? You're kidding right?

Our MEC blows off the bottom 1/3rd the list. What make you think they'd listen to the bottom 0.024 who are not even on the list, who are split amongst three bases?

So why represent Compass at all. Am I out to lunch or should the DL ALPA just represent Delta pilots?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back