• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be a little of both. AE positions and surplus positions. The trick is to make sure that the surplus positions are not greater than the AE. If that is the case we will have a problem Houston!

You already have a problem-Houston.. It is called NWA lackeys. They are stacked on your board, they are running all the upper-level positions nowadays.. The problem is: with a board stacked that deep with these clowns, it will be damn tough to get a change in leadership whenever people figure out how deeply in trouble you are!

Every company has issues these days, but at least most airlines have not just been 'jacked by the kind of scumbags who ran NWA!

You already have a problem-Houston.. It is called NWA lackeys. They are stacked on your board, they are running all the upper-level positions nowadays.. The problem is: with a board stacked that deep with these clowns, it will be damn tough to get a change in leadership whenever people figure out how deeply in trouble you are!

Every company has issues these days, but at least most airlines have not just been 'jacked by the kind of scumbags who ran NWA!

Get a life you reject and worry about where you work and not where you got turned down.

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.......it is NOT a concession but a forecasting tool. How would this be a concession when there will be a system wide bid with SOC anyway?

There is not going to be a system wide rebid after SOC. Pre SOC's displacements will be handled in accordance with the PWA. If there are displacements pre SOC you displace to your respective pre merger fleets, if there are displacements post SOC you can displace to whichever category your seniority can hold with the exception of the growing 777 fleet for the FNWA pilots and 747 fleet for the FDAL pilots.

So do RDs, proportionally there are more RD's on the top of the list than NERDs.
But not in the same proportion of big equipment brought to the merger.

The pull and plug method of crediting future attrition on day one gives the NWA guys seniority above the equipment (and presumably bases) that they are currently working in.

Sure there might be more RD's on the top, but there were more to begin with. No one I've heard (or read) is worried about RD's bidding NWA equipment.

The real shame is that the displacements on the South side are already forcing South pilots out of the 767 as the North's aircraft are redeployed on Southern routes where more demand for their underutilized capacity exists. Back a couple of years ago when I observed NWA's load factor was shrinking on reduced capacity I posted that management would surely want to shift NWA's underutilized equipment to the south where both demand wa growing on increased capacity.

Although NWA had cash, the trend vector was negative. Delta had a positive trend vector, but not much cash. The merger made sense from a management standpoint and was good for NWA employees. If there is any silver lining for Delta employees I have not seen it yet. Maybe it will be evident in 5 years.

The real shame is that the displacements on the South side are already forcing South pilots out of the 767 as the North's aircraft are redeployed on Southern routes where more demand for their underutilized capacity exists.

And next month I'll be flying a 767ER to NRTand GUM and do a CDG through MSP. It swings both ways. Displacements are being caused by a decrease in capacity system wide, not the fact that 330s are in ATL.

In a stove pipe new hires would never hold the 767ER, but due to the rapid expansion of international capacity and the dynamics of AEs there were wide bodied opportunities that otherwise wouldn't have existed but for the rapid expansion. The opposite is true during times of contraction. Post 9-11, with the decrease in capacity the category lists started to look much more like a stove pipe than during the preceding year when the company was rapidly expanding.

There is not going to be a system wide rebid after SOC. Pre SOC's displacements will be handled in accordance with the PWA. If there are displacements pre SOC you displace to your respective pre merger fleets, if there are displacements post SOC you can displace to whichever category your seniority can hold with the exception of the growing 777 fleet for the FNWA pilots and 747 fleet for the FDAL pilots.

Key word system wide rebid.

There will be AE's/Surplus bids. About four to eight of them. You are correct in saying that not every seat will be up for bid.

I am just pointing out that what you are saying is a total rebid, not a shifting of many of the seats.

In a stove pipe new hires would never hold the 767ER, but due to the rapid expansion of international capacity and the dynamics of AEs there were wide bodied opportunities that otherwise wouldn't have existed but for the rapid expansion. The opposite is true during times of contraction. Post 9-11, with the decrease in capacity the category lists started to look much more like a stove pipe than during the preceding year when the company was rapidly expanding.
That's like saying had it not been for the large number of early outs at Delta you would not hold the seat that you hold.

It is what it is regardless of how it came to be.

The SLI award stated the parking of any planes will AFFECT that side, and I think that means furloughs or displacements. Regardless, if you are senior, you will do alright.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Prior to SOC only. Those displacements off the 747-200 pre-SOC have no freeze, nor do those that get caught up in the waterfall displacements.

In short, it's a DAL-N problem only until SOC, and then it's everyone's problem. Again the logic for a pre-SOC position award, especially if there is an AE, will cause less impact than a far larger number of relatively senior unfrozen DAL-N displacee's. Never mind dispalcements, we will own a lot of AE and VD activity. I'm still betting on an early position bid....

Latest resources

Back