• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
15% schedule reduction? wtf? You're spending less time in Africa is putting a damper on my offshore drilling expeditions with your wife. Guess I might as well buy a moped. <sigh>

15% schedule reduction? wtf? You're spending less time in Africa is putting a damper on my offshore drilling expeditions with your wife. Guess I might as well buy a moped. <sigh>

Yet ANOTHER classic. Someone PLEASE start a Cobra17 Library of his fantastic insight prose. This guy is GONNA be somebody, someday.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

And, a pre-SOC AE is NOT on the table. The Dalpa reps in the ATL lounge said they would never agree to that, since it is a concession. Do you think our LEC and MEC members from the South want to be bumped down any sooner than they have to? Sorry, but we out number you still. Nobody on our side of the fence wants to be bumped earlier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.......it is NOT a concession but a forecasting tool. How would this be a concession when there will be a system wide bid with SOC anyway?

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.......it is NOT a concession but a forecasting tool. How would this be a concession when there will be a system wide bid with SOC anyway?

Anything done PRE-SOC with the willingness of Dalpa would be a concession (joint AE with 742s involved--which will go away pre-soc). IF it saves the company money, (and the company wants it), it would be a concession. Anything that affects one side (parking of the 742s) pre-SOC---has to affect ONLY that side. (due to SLI binding arbitration) Do you think the company would have a large AE pre-SOC and leave the 742 stuff out? Highly doubtful. After SOC, there could be a large bid, no doubt. But, the company will dump the 742s prior to SOC (to save from getting FAA approval on training programs, checklists, etc for that 742), and that portion cannot be used on a joint AE bid. That is my point. Not one guy can be dumped from the 742 prior to SOC and bid any Delta-S equipment due to that displacement. Those 742 guys will have to bid down (or up to 744), resulting in bumps all the way down the line, and then after SOC try to bid over to Delta S if they want. But, training will have to result, and it will be costly. No shortcuts. If they do it prior, they would be breaking the binding arbitration results.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
A quick LOA will take care of that:) However, I want to see how much displacing there will be on the Southside. You can bet your ass LM will push for a LOA if the Southies are going to get hammered and vice versa if just the North. We will know in about 6-8 weeks.

The South is going to get hammered in 6-8 weeks or six months. As I stated before when the surplus the North seats in the northern bases, and add them to ATL they will not need to follow the seat. They will bid what they want.
There are no real seat protections with the movement that will be going on in the next two years.
Saving your and my six for six months is hardly worth the cost for DALPA or the company.
****Think right now there would be more surplussing going on on the south than the north, so you may some protections in that.

easy

I'll bet it wouldn't...I'd bet you hold NO union position or ACTIVELY, regularly serve...
I also bet if anyone posts anything remotely related to your airline at 4am you'll answer right then

Dude you're barking up the wrong tree. ACL provides some pretty reliable info and reasonable posts.

Anything done PRE-SOC with the willingness of Dalpa would be a concession (joint AE with 742s involved--which will go away pre-soc). IF it saves the company money, (and the company wants it), it would be a concession. Anything that affects one side (parking of the 742s) pre-SOC---has to affect ONLY that side. (due to SLI binding arbitration)

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL-
I personally don't care one way or another, but my understanding is the arbitration addressed furloughs, not displacements. Again, I'm not interested in defending the NERD position on this issue as the joint displacements will happen post SOC either way. First joint AE should be fun as NERDs tend to bid big equip if it's available.

Schwanker

GL-
I personally don't care one way or another, but my understanding is the arbitration addressed furloughs, not displacements. Again, I'm not interested in defending the NERD position on this issue as the joint displacements will happen post SOC either way. First joint AE should be fun as NERDs tend to bid big equip if it's available.

Schwanker

Great, if there are AEs that means only the positions that are available. If there are displacements, then that is another story. The SLI award stated the parking of any planes will AFFECT that side, and I think that means furloughs or displacements. Regardless, if you are senior, you will do alright.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It would be a little of both. AE positions and surplus positions. The trick is to make sure that the surplus positions are not greater than the AE. If that is the case we will have a problem Houston!

Latest resources

Back