Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR also believes that the west pilots case is ripe!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SLI will be completed in arbitration and will not be DOH and will be over with soon. Currently USAPA is working to change their angle - relative integration as of 14 FEB 13. Interesting. I'll keep you posted as I get solid information.
And that keeps them out of court HOW?

Yes. Mixed metal and crews this year. SLI next year.
More examples of Eastie cluelessness. Such obtuseness can only be deliberate.

Mixed metal after the POR? Possibly but I wouldn't bet on it happening right away.

Mixed crews? Zero chance. Two different scheduling systems can't be combined without months of lead time and that process hasn't even begun. Plus, you can't mix crews with out a combined list in effect. Unless, of course, you meant the Nicolau list.

SLI next year? Um, I know you think the world revolves around the East but I assure you the arbitrators will go by their own schedule and not our MOU.

Merely a flesh wound, right? If the case is ripe, then the MOU is a de-facto JCBA upon the Effective Date. So Kirby was right in saying that Nicolau won't be used after the JCBA. It will be used prior to that, on the effective date, to merge 2 lists into 1 new one.

Yes the east will probably get another round or two of upgrades in the interim, but the seniority integration will make that a hollow victory as they slide further into the seniority abyss with every subsequent vacancy bid.

If a jury finds that USAPA is guilty of a DFR to the west, then the east will likely pay damages out of those upgrade wages. APA will not be willing to do anything that could put them on the hook for paying those damages.

I really hate that it had to come to this, all because a few fear mongerers (Bradford, Cleary, et.al.) got so many to believe their lies about the consequences of the Nic which everyone is about to discover are far less than the consequences of USAPA's strategy (if you can call it that).

With power comes responsibility. USAPA chose to jettison both to the detriment of their supporters.

You know the REALLY pathetic thing about all this? Those East Idiots have forced everybody to lose over a billion dollars in pay just so that some of them could capture their$125/hr captain upgrades...the IDIOTS were going to get 2 out of every 3 upgrades WITH THE NIC ANYWAY!

So divide a billion dollars by 1/3rd the East upgrades over the last 5 years...that's how much each seat cost the pilot group. My guess those upgrades cost 8-10 million dollars each. IDIOTS!!

More examples of Eastie cluelessness. Such obtuseness can only be deliberate.

Mixed metal after the POR? Possibly but I wouldn't bet on it happening right away.

Mixed crews? Zero chance. Two different scheduling systems can't be combined without months of lead time and that process hasn't even begun. Plus, you can't mix crews with out a combined list in effect. Unless, of course, you meant the Nicolau list.

SLI next year? Um, I know you think the world revolves around the East but I assure you the arbitrators will go by their own schedule and not our MOU.

TWA DUDE...There is nothing preventing West crews from flying under their NIC seniority on the East. Under their scheduling system. The East flight attendants are doing it on the West already. After POR, West will be able to bid East.

TWA DUDE...There is nothing preventing West crews from flying under their NIC seniority on the East. Under their scheduling system. The East flight attendants are doing it on the West already. After POR, West will be able to bid East.

You are wrong.

Latest resources

Back