Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR also believes that the west pilots case is ripe!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA represents former West and East, but operating under different contracts right - I think we agree on that. And since there is no j c b a that was ever signed - then we have separate lists.

The only way for the Nic to have been active - was if the west members and east members ratified a joint contract. That is not going to occur now - so therefore no ripeness or breach of DFR. That is what the judge is going to rule.

The American filing for intervention is just to remove any delay from the addington plaintiffs in the timetable of the mou.

USAPA is protecting the interests of both east and west and APA will protect the interests of their members.

Metrojet

The MOU is a CBA for east and west. That is what is at case here. Don't you get it. There is no more East and West on the POR. We will be one big happy family. So enjoy the August bid. The next one will be open system wide with west pilots coming eastbound!

The MOU is a CBA for east and west. That is what is at case here. Don't you get it. There is no more East and West on the POR. We will be one big happy family. So enjoy the August bid. The next one will be open system wide with west pilots coming eastbound!

Good, maybe then I can get westbound. PHL's a real garden spot. You'll love it out here!

USAPA represents former West and East, but operating under different contracts right - I think we agree on that. And since there is no j c b a that was ever signed - then we have separate lists.
Metrojet
The Nic list is valid and accepted by USAirways, merely non-implemented. There is no lack of evidence in the form of correspondence, hotlines, memos, and more that can quickly prove that USAPA decided to choose to advance the cause of the east pilots at the expense of the west.

The court will agree that the MOU constitutes a single agreement and triggers the implementation of the the Nic list. If there is a vacancy bid prior to the completion of the SLI arbitration, those pilots senior enough to hold their desired positions will do so. There will be some very very very junior captains who will remain so for quite a while.

You will likely not even notice when the Nic is implemented, There probably won't be an solar eclipse, or eathquake. But the comraderie among the east pilots who suffered unnecessarily under LOA93 so that a few could grab an upgrade they were not due, that I am sure will take a serious blow.

If I may ask a simple question to the Westies? Do you really think that APA is going to accept the Nic that puts almost 1700 pilots slotted in way ahead of all those 1980's and 1990's DOH AA pilots.?
The APA is terrified of arbitration. They're used to dictating seniority to merging pilots. They're going to try to do exactly what you Easties are trying to do us and they're going to us the same tactics: lying, cheating, stealing, crying, and screaming. And I guarantee you they will do it better and more effectively than USAPA.

You Easties have marginalized over a third of USAirways pilots and that will hurt us all in the arbitration hearings. Your begging for DOH will be met with the same response as George Nicolau: come back with a more realistic proposal.

If I may ask a simple question to the Easties? Who do you think has more to gain from this merger, the APA or us?
We're gonna need all the leverage we can get but you Easties have ensured we'll have darn little...

The SLI will be completed in arbitration and will not be DOH and will be over with soon. Currently USAPA is working to change their angle - relative integration as of 14 FEB 13. Interesting. I'll keep you posted as I get solid information.

How soon is "soon"? Any chance this SLI is done before August?
Try 2015. A minimum of 18 months after the merger closes. Just scheduling three arbitrators at once takes 6-12 months lead time. The MOU provides a timeline but the arbitrators go by their own.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back