Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR also believes that the west pilots case is ripe!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or course they (management) will claim it's ripe. They want it resolved sooner rather than later, so anything they can do to speed that up is the position they will take. It certainly does not mean it is or is not ripe. Do you really think they would come out and say it's not ripe even if it were not?

The smartest lawyers at the table aren't from AOL or USAPA, they're representing US Airways. I have a feeling the American lawyers are just as sharp. I'm not saying the judge will rule ripe or not, but now it is USAPA vs everyone else. Everyone else wants this settled, while USAPA is up to it's delay tactics as usual. You can only keep running around the ring in circles, keeping out of arms reach, for so long.

If you chose the wrong airline or one that fails, too bad. You can always leave for another one.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Choose the wrong airline????? This is crazy! How does one know if an airline is right or wrong, General? Every airline flying is subject to the same woes of poor management- Delta included. Luck put you at a stable airline, for now. Today's stable airline could be the next decades Eastern. To make it even better, all of the airline pilots out there are only one fruit loop and a suitcase bomb away from total career annihilation. Try and be a bit more humble will you???

I agree with GL on this one and it was stated in emotionless, non-arrogant fact. As far as your comments go, there is NO way to know what the right airline is going to be. It is matter of luck really. When a buddy of mine was getting out of the military, he was called an idiot by his peers for going to Delta instead of Pan Am. He was from Atlanta and wanted a better QOL. I guess he chose correctly. The rest us...well we will have to wait until age 65.

Phred

Last edited:
Although I completely agree with the Nicolau ruling, I do find it ironic that AA pilots are supportive of pilot integration "fairness." I wonder how former Reno Air and TWA pilots feel about it...

Depends on your definition of "fairness." Chances are that AA, TWA, Reno, UA, DL, US, SW, Airtran, <fill in the blank>... all have their own ideas of "fairness." How do Morris Air pilots feel about their SWA integration? Prob the same as Reno pilots. How do ex TWA pilots feel? Depends on which ex TWA pilot you ask. My opinion, a good majority of the ex TWA folks were royally screwed, and a small percentage made out like bandits. But then again, the entire AA Pilot Corps has been royally screwed by our last 10 years of bad management.

Now, if you're talking about the "fairest" way to conduct an SLI in an honest to goodness merger - I agree 100% that binding neutral arbitration is the way to go. As it should be in our merger with US.

If you chose the wrong airline or one that fails, too bad. You can always leave for another one.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Choose the wrong airline????? This is crazy! How does one know if an airline is right or wrong, General? Every airline flying is subject to the same woes of poor management- Delta included. Luck put you at a stable airline, for now. Today's stable airline could be the next decades Eastern. To make it even better, all of the airline pilots out there are only one fruit loop and a suitcase bomb away from total career annihilation. Try and be a bit more humble will you???[/QUOTE]

If 2 people buy different stocks and years later, one is in the dumps, the other doing well. Does the one doing well owe the other, in the dumps, anything? We all make choices, the adult thing to do is to accept your choice, and live on with it.

USAPA Update - Intervention by American in Addington II

Yesterday, May 7, 2013, American Airlines and its parent company AMR Corporation (referred to as "American") filed a motion in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, seeking to intervene pursuant to Rule 24 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure in Addington II, (Docs. 56-57), "for limited purposes to protect interests in this litigation that are different from those of the parties."
In its motion to intervene, American clearly asserts (like US Airways) that it is taking no position on the merits of the underlying dispute in Addington II. American claims it seeks intervention on a limited basis in this case simply to:

1. inform the District Court of the risks to the merger process that could be created by an overly broad preliminary injunction (should plaintiffs prevail in their preliminary injunction application), and
  2. advise the District Court of its agreement with US Airways' position that the underlying DFR claim by plaintiffs is ripe for consideration by the Court.
The overarching message of American's motion to intervene is that it wants this litigation resolved expeditiously and on the merits, in order to avoid any delay in, or harm to, the merger process.
With respect to ripeness, American's motion simply adopts the position of US Airways without any further argument, except that American also claims that the instant dispute is ripe because of the harm to American that may result from a dismissal of Addington II on ripeness grounds. This argument is legally insignificant to the question of the ripeness of plaintiff's claims (not American's, and not US Airways') that USAPA has breached its duty of fair representation. The standard for determining ripeness in this case has been clearly set forth by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Addington I, and reiterated by Judge Silver in her decision last fall granting summary judgment to USAPA in US Airways' action for Declaratory Judgment. Plaintiffs (in apparent coordination with US Airways and American) still do not satisfy this standard for all of the reasons set forth in USAPA's submissions to the Court in Addington II, including, but not limited to, the fact that the MOU is not the final agreement upon which ripeness of plaintiffs' claim was conditioned by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
American's motion to intervene adds nothing of legal significance to the resolution of USAPA's motion to dismiss or plaintiffs' motion for preliminary injunction. Instead, it is merely an unsubtle attempt to further pressure the District Court into deviating from the correct legal standard for ripeness, set forth by the Ninth Circuit, and Judge Silver's previous decision in US Airways' Declaratory Judgment action.
USAPA's reply with respect to its motion to dismiss is due to be filed tomorrow, May 9, and a joint statement concerning the May 14 hearing is due to be filed on Friday, May 10. The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, May 14, beginning at 10:00 a.m., in the District Court in Phoenix.

USAPA Communications

If 2 people buy different stocks and years later, one is in the dumps, the other doing well. Does the one doing well owe the other, in the dumps, anything? We all make choices, the adult thing to do is to accept your choice, and live on with it.

Quote of the day ^^^^

Choose your airline wisely. And when it's obvious it's going down the long road to oblivion, bail.

What's next, another "national seniority list" push.:crying:

I jess gots back from a 1 day followed by a 4 day. I don opened my suitcase after it were in a back of the car for a spell in the hot sun. My under drawers and socks wuz real ripe.

Duz that count??

American's motion to intervene adds nothing of legal significance to the resolution of USAPA's motion to dismiss or plaintiffs' motion for preliminary injunction. Instead, it is merely an unsubtle attempt to further pressure the District Court into deviating from the correct legal standard for ripeness, set forth by the Ninth Circuit, and Judge Silver's previous decision in US Airways' Declaratory Judgment action.
USAPA's reply with respect to its motion to dismiss is due to be filed tomorrow, May 9, and a joint statement concerning the May 14 hearing is due to be filed on Friday, May 10. The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, May 14, beginning at 10:00 a.m., in the District Court in Phoenix.

USAPA Communications
Merely a flesh wound, right? If the case is ripe, then the MOU is a de-facto JCBA upon the Effective Date. So Kirby was right in saying that Nicolau won't be used after the JCBA. It will be used prior to that, on the effective date, to merge 2 lists into 1 new one.

Yes the east will probably get another round or two of upgrades in the interim, but the seniority integration will make that a hollow victory as they slide further into the seniority abyss with every subsequent vacancy bid.

If a jury finds that USAPA is guilty of a DFR to the west, then the east will likely pay damages out of those upgrade wages. APA will not be willing to do anything that could put them on the hook for paying those damages.

I really hate that it had to come to this, all because a few fear mongerers (Bradford, Cleary, et.al.) got so many to believe their lies about the consequences of the Nic which everyone is about to discover are far less than the consequences of USAPA's strategy (if you can call it that).

With power comes responsibility. USAPA chose to jettison both to the detriment of their supporters.

Latest resources

Back