• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle ..HIRING....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey non educated guy with some broke internet degree or a worthless degree from an "avation school." If you want to critique grammar, start with your post. Dont is spelled don't. "I went to cheap state....." How about putting an "A" in that sentence. You should of gone to a real four year university, earned a real degree in something besides avaition, and have a plan for some passive income Dumb Arse!

It's you should "have" gone, not you should "of" gone. And not it's not on "avaition". Looks like someone's cranky that they're just about to come out of reserve after 3 years.

Guys we where suppose to learn grammer in grammer school. Some of us slept, some didnt. The ones that did are obvious (thats where i got my best sleep). Either way, if we didnt learn then we arent gonna learn now. We will just have to go through life looking like idiots and hope someone corrects us.

Different info on mins.........from the schoolhouse.....1000/200...of course lots a guys with a lot more than that. New hires mixed in with recalls...

I think this is about as much misinformation one can put out in 4 sentences. Eagle stopped hiring in September of 01, and began in January of 04. That is 2.25 years. A far cry from the 3-4 you claim. Eagle actually has 2700 active pilots on their seniority list. Where do you get your info?

I mispoke. We have 2400 in active and in good standing. About 2800 pilots total. But thanks for being a d@uche bag! Now go wipe up.

I once read someones comments saying that some regional airline pilots are their own worse enemy. Reading some of the comments on this particura (and other) threads, I can see that rational. When you get a flying job, be it for a regional company, major airline, or another company, the only thing that anyone can ask of you is to be a safe pilot and do the job to the best of your ability!! When you decided to pursue a flying job with the regional airline, you chose them, they didn't come knocking on your door. When the regional company you work or worked for offered you a pilot job, you could have either accepted or rejected the job offer. You have two options:

1.) You can learn from your flying experiences despite the cockpit seat you are currently in.
OR

2.) You can quit your regional job, find another better paying flying job, or find a new career.

You have job you've trained hard for. In this crappy recession, be damned lucky you are still have a job to go to!!

All you hatters can go suck it for all i care!

Well, not only am I a hatter, I am a MAD HATTER!! Mad at this scumbag, walmart industry, and loathsome of the people who run it!

bobs98tlr said:
With the job market for pilots dead like it is we have to stay positive and make do with what we have. That is what im doing...if you cant, well good luck to your family.

Well I thank you for the well wishes, but I don't have a family. I can't seem to find a woman that wants to have anything to do with a guy that puts up with being involved in this black hole of an industry with no future and continues to whore himself out like a common street walker.

bobs98tlr said:
My flying was funded by a car accident i was involved with, i got alittle bit of money out of the deal and fueling at the airport. I did most of my flying at a flying club which was a HUGE help. I fueled and networked my way into king airs/citations..built some time and went to instruct. Shortly after that i flew cargo for alittle bit before comming to eagle. My "toy" car, ive had since i was 16. Which i worked at a home depot to afford. My airport car i bought years ago, my truck is almost paid off...That is my short story. I probably shouldnt have said anything though since you seem to know just about everything about regional airline pilot pay and what we can afford.

Seems like you worked hard for this regional FO job. Yet you seem content knowing you have 10 years before upgrading and about 12 years before having even the slightest possibility of moving on to a major airline. When I read how satisfied many of you are, I become extremely frustrated knowing that you will get no where in contract negotiations when management can throw your very own posts in your face. After all, why pay a livable, professional wage when so many of you are quite content? Nothing will change until a pilot group grows some balls and takes their negotiations all the way to self help (strike) as Comair did in 2001. And don't give me this nonsense about difficult economic times. Management will always have an excuse from here on out. Now they use the economy as an excuse to keep wages low, and as the economy improves, oil prices will skyrocket as they did right before the economic collapse in 2008. This industry will never, ever turn sustainable profits. And thats just how management wants it. The executives will still get their multimillion dollar salaries and bonuses and management will still be getting their upper 6 figure salaries and bonuses. All the while they hear about how satisfied and thankful their pilots are just to have a job. We are all doomed in this industry. It has never been so bad in it's history.

jetjam619 said:
HEY PIPEJOCKEY.....First of all, you gotta get off that PIPE, its turning your brain into MUSH....Look due and LISTEN UP...I HAVE PAID MY DUES.....YOU GOT THAT.....I spent 4-5y as an FO

WOW!!! 4-5 years? How did you ever manage?? Seriously man, don't ever say that to one of your 10 year FO's unless you want to take a fist to the face!! Your statement shows just how out of touch you are with reality. And it is a story I have heard from several Eagle FO's I have spoken with about the CA's over there. There are hundreds over there that could have gotten hired by a major carrier way back in the late 90s to 2001 but they chose flow-through that never happened. Which made movement painfully slow over there. Now as the time approaches where it looks like at least 250 or so of them will get a spot at AA not to mention an additional 300 on top of that in a few years, they all moan and groan and say that can't afford to go over. Now they will be continuing this stagnation at Eagle forever! Yes forever! Because by the time they retire an make way for some FO's to upgrade, many of these FO's will now be near or over 40 years old and by the time they get the PIC time needed to get the hell out, they will be too old and end up career regional pilots.

My advice for people considering interviewing at Eagle is to RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! And steer clear of there. Unless you are under 30, you will have absolutely no chance of getting the PIC needed to go to a major airline before you are nearing mid 40's in age. This isn't opinion, it's fact! Now if the nearly 600 CA's at Eagle who have AA numbers are required to abide by the decision they willingly made when choosing an AA number, then in a few years when retirements begin again at AA, within a couple years after that they will all be gone. But that isn't going to happen. When in the history of this profession did an outcome that would benefit the MAJORITY of the pilot group, not get shot down by what benefited the top 20% of the pilot group.

Last edited:
OKKK...ur a MAD HATTER...fine.......but tell ur story to the furloughed guy with a family to have an oppurtunity to provide food on the table or save his house.....I dont think he'll listen to you....

OKKK...ur a MAD HATTER...fine.......but tell ur story to the furloughed guy with a family to have an oppurtunity to provide food on the table or save his house.....I dont think he'll listen to you....

A 1st year regional fo job doesn't really pay anymore than unemployment. A regional fo job also is not going to save a guys house if his situation is that dire. Besides, if a regional FO has a house, it is not, I repeat NOT being paid for on a regional fo's salary anyway. Why not just get a job at the local department store and actually earn a wage that is appropriate for the work one does there. I mean hell, all you have to do is have half a brain and you promptly become some sort of management puke earning over 50 grand at the least! Plus you are home every night.

The average worker works 40 hours a week with 1 hour roundtrip drive from home. That's 45 hours a week or 180 hours a month away from home. The average 4 on 3 off line at a regional airline is about 300 hours away from home per month and that doesn't even include the drive time or worse yet, if you are a commuter, all the time spent commuting.

I wish there was someone like myself to shock me into reality back in the 90's when all I wanted to do was to become an airline pilot. It was all I dreamed about. But I knew no one in the industry and had to find out myself the hard way. Which now includes no chance of trying to actually make it in another line of work. Sometimes by the time you realize you went down the wrong path in life, you can no longer find your way out. Please new guys, find people that are not happy with this profession and take what they say to heart. Don't just seek out the happy little campers, because there is another side to the story. If I had just had the reality of it all rammed down my throat when I was getting into this, I may have made a far better career choice. But of course when I got into this back in the 90's, things were far different, and actually looked to be an acceptable career. But today?? The writing has been on the wall for nearly 10 years. Don't ruin your life kids. Run for your lives!!!!

Well, not only am I a hatter, I am a MAD HATTER!! Mad at this scumbag, walmart industry, and loathsome of the people who run it!

Well I thank you for the well wishes, but I don't have a family. I can't seem to find a woman that wants to have anything to do with a guy that puts up with being involved in this black hole of an industry with no future and continues to whore himself out like a common street walker.

Seems like you worked hard for this regional FO job. Yet you seem content knowing you have 10 years before upgrading and about 12 years before having even the slightest possibility of moving on to a major airline. When I read how satisfied many of you are, I become extremely frustrated knowing that you will get no where in contract negotiations when management can throw your very own posts in your face. After all, why pay a livable, professional wage when so many of you are quite content? Nothing will change until a pilot group grows some balls and takes their negotiations all the way to self help (strike) as Comair did in 2001. And don't give me this nonsense about difficult economic times. Management will always have an excuse from here on out. Now they use the economy as an excuse to keep wages low, and as the economy improves, oil prices will skyrocket as they did right before the economic collapse in 2008. This industry will never, ever turn sustainable profits. And thats just how management wants it. The executives will still get their multimillion dollar salaries and bonuses and management will still be getting their upper 6 figure salaries and bonuses. All the while they hear about how satisfied and thankful their pilots are just to have a job. We are all doomed in this industry. It has never been so bad in it's history.

WOW!!! 4-5 years? How did you ever manage?? Seriously man, don't ever say that to one of your 10 year FO's unless you want to take a fist to the face!! Your statement shows just how out of touch you are with reality. And it is a story I have heard from several Eagle FO's I have spoken with about the CA's over there. There are hundreds over there that could have gotten hired by a major carrier way back in the late 90s to 2001 but they chose flow-through that never happened. Which made movement painfully slow over there. Now as the time approaches where it looks like at least 250 or so of them will get a spot at AA not to mention an additional 300 on top of that in a few years, they all moan and groan and say that can't afford to go over. Now they will be continuing this stagnation at Eagle forever! Yes forever! Because by the time they retire an make way for some FO's to upgrade, many of these FO's will now be near or over 40 years old and by the time they get the PIC time needed to get the hell out, they will be too old and end up career regional pilots.

My advice for people considering interviewing at Eagle is to RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! And steer clear of there. Unless you are under 30, you will have absolutely no chance of getting the PIC needed to go to a major airline before you are nearing mid 40's in age. This isn't opinion, it's fact! Now if the nearly 600 CA's at Eagle who have AA numbers are required to abide by the decision they willingly made when choosing an AA number, then in a few years when retirements begin again at AA, within a couple years after that they will all be gone. But that isn't going to happen. When in the history of this profession did an outcome that would benefit the MAJORITY of the pilot group, not get shot down by what benefited the top 20% of the pilot group.

So why do you stay in this business ?????

If you feel your flying qualifications meet or exceed American Eagle's pilot hiring standards, then it would be to your advantage to apply. If they call you for an interview, it would be to your advantage to at least attend the job interview. In the end, if they offer you a job, evaluate your options at that time and take the actions that are right for YOU.

Latest resources

Back