• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those ALPA lanyards are pathetic looking anyway. Even if I was in ALPA I wouldn't wear them...they look cheap. Oh wait I was in ALPA once and didn't wear it then.

You would think with all the money pilots pay to have that "wonderful" organization on property they would at least get a cool lanyard with that awesome magazine with Dr. Phil's cousin on it.

But your fellow hater said the lanyards looked expensive and thought ALPA was spending too much money on ancilliary objects... ALPA wanted to please him but now you just mucked everything up.... what is a 76 year old union to do???

Those ALPA lanyards are pathetic looking anyway. Even if I was in ALPA I wouldn't wear them...they look cheap. Oh wait I was in ALPA once and didn't wear it then.

You would think with all the money pilots pay to have that "wonderful" organization on property they would at least get a cool lanyard with that awesome magazine with Dr. Phil's cousin on it.

This whole argument about lanyards, is kind of beside the point don't you think. The safe position right now is to speak out against the union, the ones who might be in favor of it but not speak up might think they are alone, or not know who they can speak to without fear of some future reprisal by the company. But if the pilots around you begin to express their support of the unionisation effort in simple ways like wearing alpa lanyards, pins etc... then this might encourage other people to start speaking up also.
At least that's my take on the whole thing... I may be way off base. Oh well... gotta get the kids, one of them is crying... Weasil out.

I don't know a single person on th OC who is, or has been "spewing their anti-management and hate for JA for over 20 years"!

You're right. All the talk over the years by one person in particular has been a desire to get together with JA and sing "Kumbya".

Last edited:
You're right...the lanyard thing wasn't meant to be taken literatelly dude...it was a joke. The main point was I think it's kind of silly to be trying to sue SkyW.

The ALPA issue seems to be dead; this seems like a Hail Mary to try and get some support back.

Could be wrong though, these are just opinions.

You're right...the lanyard thing wasn't meant to be taken literatelly dude...it was a joke. The main point was I think it's kind of silly to be trying to sue SkyW.

Yeah, probably better to just let them keep breaking the law :rolleyes:

for real, get a girlfriend or something. there will be no alpa here, thank god. If you were represented by alpa in the past you would feel the same way.

next question
Dude, do not, REPEAT, do not use you highschool yearbook picture for your avatar, your coworkers will find out who you are. Then wait for the next probationary eval, all 5s for you P.O.S.
PBR

If I were a Skywest pilot, I would be curious why my company was being sued for failure to comply with a labor relations law. I wouldn't be blaming the labor group; instead, I would be asking my employers why they cannot comply with the law since they certainly require me to comply with the law.

What are they afraid of in St. George? I thought the drive was going to fail? Why would a company not want an organized labor group? Hmmm....
newwoman is a boot(arse) licker, he will run for sapa, then snitch a few pilots off for wearing apla lanyards, then apply for a chief pilot position, be denied, become bitter and frustrated and take it out on his dogs a$$.
PBR

Alpa just turned my vote to a NO!! They don't represent us yet they act like they do!! This drives me nuts... No one I fly with lately even takes about the alpa drive. I think its dead and they are trying to regroup for next year.

In fact, Al Gore wasn't even running in the last election. Perhaps you're thinking of the 2000 election. Didn't Kerry play a role in the 2004 election?

...at least THIS pilot knows that Gore wasn't the one who lost the last election. Kerry was.

You got fired.

Last edited:
Folks, I hate to tell you, but SkyWest management is NOT out for your good. I know this has been repeated over and over, but it's the truth. Open your eyes and see it. I've given them the benefit of the doubt for four years, and now, with direct 1st person information in hand about how Mr. Holt treats our SAPA Exec. board, I'm done. Intimidation. Childishness. Manipulating our Rep. body and Exec. board through back-biting and "underhanded alliances". There needs to be more accountability. At least we have a SAPA president who isn't afraid to call it like he sees it. Talk to him. Find out what's going on at the upper levels. Your eyes will be opened. A former fence sitter who is unhappy to acknowledge a change in our representation is now necessary....

No.W.

Latest resources

Back