• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know the reason that some people pretend to be "fence sitters" is to make it through a 4 day drip without getting slammed with alpa propaganda. Me on the other hand will just tell someone preaching to STFU.

I have been an alpa member, you guys have not. It wont happen again.

You know the reason that some people pretend to be "fence sitters" is to make it through a 4 day drip without getting slammed with alpa propaganda. Me on the other hand will just tell someone preaching to STFU.

At which airline and for how long?

I have been an alpa member, you guys have not.
Well, I actually have been an ALPA member and I am willing to bet that if you pulled out your ALPA card it would say "apprentice" on it...not quite a member if you weren't even off probation. I am not saying this to slam you, but many pilots come to SKYW and think that ALPA is to blame for them sitting on reserve, sitting ready reserve, not having a quick upgrade, or a general malaise in moral at a company, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Then they continue to preach to fellow newhires about how "I was ALPA and it didn't do anything for me." My point is that you can't exactly make an accurate judgement about something in 6 months without taking into consideration 75 years of history.

ALPA is not the company that is responsible for growth, scheduling, or upgrades. ALPA is not the government responsible for rules and regulations. ALPA is not the anti-labor bankruptcy court judge responsible for eliminating pensions, pay, and QOL. ALPA is not a quick fix.

ALPA IS the framework that provides financial and legal resources to individual pilot groups. ALPA IS the pilots' voice in Washington DC. ALPA IS responsible for numerous advances in our industry over the past 75 years, and hopefully ALPA WILL BE a part of the advances in the future at Skywest Airlines.

nice try, i burned my alpa card at loftys in slc, and it was not an apprentice card. Alpa threw pdt under the bus, and i was there for that. Oh and "flying the line" is the worst book ever.

next question.

im done with this thread because there are way too many dorks that just want to be part of alpa to pretend that they are real airline pilots. just give me 2% of your income and i will send you a letter in the mail each month talking about how great all the mainlines are (the ones that barfed out all their QOL and pay years ago)

Last edited:

I thought you were going to crawl back under your rock until the new meds kick in, if you really want your self respect back, you gotta stop takin' it in the a$$.
PBR
Fence sitters haven't made up their minds, you on the otherhand just take the fence in your a$$.

nice try, i burned my alpa card at loftys in slc, and it was not an apprentice card. Alpa threw pdt under the bus, and i was there for that. Oh and "flying the line" is the worst book ever.

next question.

im done with this thread because there are way too many dorks that just want to be part of alpa to pretend that they are real airline pilots. just give me 2% of your income and i will send you a letter in the mail each month talking about how great all the mainlines are (the ones that barfed out all their QOL and pay years ago)
So you were a looser at a bottom feeder airline, news flash, the reason you were at a bottom feeder airline was,..... YOU WERE A LOOSER and not hireable anywhere else. Guess what? you brought your looser bottom feeder attitude with you and you are the reason that SKYW has been sliding into the toilet. The only reason you were hired was....there was no one left to hire SKYW is scraping the bottom of the barrel, go look into the mirror, you will see what the dregs of the industry look like.
PBR?
Next question, you gonna change those meds?

So you were a looser at a bottom feeder airline, news flash, the reason you were at a bottom feeder airline was,..... YOU WERE A LOOSER and not hireable anywhere else. Guess what? you brought your looser bottom feeder attitude with you and you are the reason that SKYW has been sliding into the toilet. The only reason you were hired was....there was no one left to hire SKYW is scraping the bottom of the barrel, go look into the mirror, you will see what the dregs of the industry look like.
PBR?
Next question, you gonna change those meds?

wow so I guess if the guy was a rah rah ALPA cheerleader then that would make him the cream of the crop? You guys are too much. Abilities of a pilot have nothing to do with if you like the union or not. In fact there is a huge dissention in the ranks at ALPA. US Airway guys are talking decertification, lots of ASA guys are fed up with the direction ALPA is taking them. Lots of other regionals are dissappointed in being thrown under the bus by ALPA. CoAlpha is a good man who is probably sick of being told he is an idiot because he doesnt like ALPA. Why the hell would we want to have them on the property when all they are going to do is poison our relationship with management?

The people running the drive are simply too in your face about it. They can never answer the question of what happens next once they are on the property. They give no solid direction at all except for a miserable future. Nothing will change because people do not get fired without cause. People can only come up with one name that was truly fired unjustly but he is going to win millions. That is a lot better prize than simply getting your job back and going back to throwing away 2% of your paycheck every month. I have not heard of one other person besides him. 1 out of 2500 pilots is pretty darn good odds if you ask me. BTW we may disagree but you are still invited to the BBQ in chicago once this mess of a union drive is over. It is going to be quite lavish so I may have to charge 2% to get in the door. Don't worry though cause its the only time in your life you will have to pay 2% LOL.

wow so I guess if the guy was a rah rah ALPA cheerleader then that would make him the cream of the crop? NOPEYou guys are too much. Abilities of a pilot have nothing to do with if you like the union or not. In fact there is a huge dissention in the ranks at ALPA. US Airway guys are talking decertification, lots of ASA guys are fed up with the direction ALPA is taking them.SAYS WHO? Lots of other regionals are dissappointed in being thrown under the bus by ALPA. HOW MANY OF THE WHINERS ACTUALLY GO THE CHAPTER MEETINGS? CoAlpha is a good man who is probably sick of being told he is an idiot because he doesnt like ALPA.HE IS AN IDIOT, JUST LIKE YOU WHY DON'T YOU TWO GET A ROOM AND ARGUE 'BOUT WHO GETS TO PACK AND WHO GETS PACKED Why the hell would we want to have them on the property when all they are going to do is poison our relationship with management? WHAT RELATIONSHIP, YOU DO WHATEVER B.H. SAYS PERIOD, END OF SENTENCE. THEY DICTATE YOU, SWALLOW.

The people running the drive are simply too in your face about it.FACIALS, YOU ARE THE EXPERT They can never answer the question of what happens next once they are on the property.GET YOUR MAGIC 8-BALL, HOW CAN ANYONE DICTATE THE FUTURE? They give no solid direction at all except for a miserable future. Nothing will change because people do not get fired without cause.YEAH, WAIT TILL YOU ARE SWINGING THE GEAR FOR A ASA F/O, THAT WILL FIRE YOU UP People can only come up with one name that was truly fired unjustly but he is going to win millions. That is a lot better prize than simply getting your job back and going back to throwing away 2% of your paycheck every month. I have not heard of one other person besides him.YEAH I GUESS HE WANTED TO GIVE UP A JOB HE LOVED FOR NOT ENOUGH CASH TO RETIRE ON, HE STILL HAS TO WORK, WHERE WALLMART? 1 out of 2500 pilots is pretty darn good odds if you ask me.UNLESS ITS YOU! BTW we may disagree but you are still invited to the BBQ in chicago once this mess of a union drive is over.NO THANKS, I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO STAND WITH MY BACK AGAINST THE WALL AND WEAR A$$ ARMOR It is going to be quite lavish so I may have to charge 2% to get in the door. Don't worry though cause its the only time in your life you will have to pay 2%UNTIL THE MAJORITY OF THE PILOTS DECIDE THAT B.H. REALLY ONLY CARES ABOUT MGMT AND PERSONAL PROFIT AND VOTES YES TO COLLECTIVE REPRESENTATION LOL.

I guess that the problem with trying to organize a young work force is that they are un-informed, not stupid just ignorant.

If being "ignorant" is what has kept ALPA off the property all these years then ignorance truly is bliss.

Latest resources

Back